Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review

+7
Pro Touch
milspec6
Fuzzsucker
Andy Mc
Ryan S
ACpower1
Davey Cracker
11 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 7 Empty Re: The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review

Post by Ken Raddon Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:57 pm

I have used it a dozen or so times but I have nobody to film me using it. I threw the vertical t&g brush out.

I am not a smooth with it as the people in the video but I am getting better every day.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 7 Empty Re: The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review

Post by SixShooter Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:31 am

Thought someone might find this interesting.

One person using the Hot Rod asked about adding weight for stone polishing.

I came up with a pretty simple solution.

Don't know if it's the final answer or not. I need to get feedback on how well it works.

Check it out. In these photos I am adding 4 x 5lb weights for a total of 20lbs.
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 7 Empty Pics

Post by SixShooter Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:47 am

Missing Pics
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:46 pm

Yes, they are missing!........so are you going to add them? Cool
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:26 am

Yo AC any thoughts on your test drive of the hot rod.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:27 pm

Hope this works.

Trying to add pictures
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:32 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:Yes, they are missing!........so are you going to add them? Cool
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:38 pm

I don't know what the problem is.

Haven't been able to upload pictures.

I've never had a problem in the past????

Has anything changed?
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:44 pm

Text them to me, Bill and I'll try to post them.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:Text them to me, Bill and I'll try to post them.

Will Do.

Thanks
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:57 pm

Posting these pics for Bill (SixShooter)............

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 7 Img_6013

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 7 Img_6014

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 7 Img_6015

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:01 pm

And one more...........

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 7 Img_6016

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Kita polisher sure looks nice...........I have a ton of kita tools, but the polisher is one I don't yet.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:27 am

Davey Cracker wrote:Kita polisher sure looks nice...........I have a ton of kita tools, but the polisher is one I don't yet.

Thanks for posting those Davey.

Yes I like the Makita also.

Don't know what my problem was with posting the pics.

Anyway, I don't think the weights make it look "cool" or anything but it solves an issue for the stone guys.

Thanks again.
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Hey Bill,

Have you heard back from AC "Bjorn" on the loaner?  I asked for input a while back on this thread but didn't see anything. I thought it was understood that if you borrowed the tool that you would give some feedback. Did he buy it or return it to you?

You around AC?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:58 pm

The weight kit is a clean look there Bill, but I'm not certain it puts the weight over the tool enough for stone work. I think it would "push" the tool instead, placing a lot of extra impact on the front of the disc instead of over the tool.

It is a step in the right direction, but I don;t think it would be the answer for stone unless you needed it to aggressively remove a lip only.

This tool has really grown into quite the piece of equipment. You have done an excellent job listening to feedback and incorporating changes to improve the product....something many companies have failed to accomplish.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:05 pm

milspec6 wrote:  You have done an excellent job listening to feedback and incorporating changes to improve the product....something many companies have failed to accomplish.

I completely agree with that statement Rob. He really used the feedback to improve the tool. He doesn't get all but hurt.

I think the weight kit might put a little too much stress on that plastic driver. If you recall the plastic pad driver I used to sand my deck ended up breaking. But I put I really put it to the test with that job. I don't even think he designed it for deck sanding. A steel driver will solve that problem
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

I view everyone that comments on the Hot Rod as a potential customer so I'd be silly not to listen. Anyway I get a kick out of being challenged then finding a solution. The thing about this weight is the connection point is right in the center of the head, down where everything pivots. I'm not clear exactly what it's doing to the face of the tool.

I have some diamond (monkey pads) that were given to me for the purpose of testing and videoing.

You guys will be the first to see that video when I get to it.

Thanks again

Last edited by SixShooter on Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:07 pm

Mo wrote:Hey Bill,

Have you heard back from AC "Bjorn" on the loaner?  I asked for input a while back on this thread but didn't see anything. I thought it was understood that if you borrowed the tool that you would give some feedback. Did he buy it or return it to you?

You around AC?

Off and on, here's the gist of it;

He really likes the tool
He recently spent too much money on other things and can't afford to buy it
Too busy to send it back
Recently asked my about buying it.
I gave him a really low price but he's gone quiet again. He said his life was a "nightmare" right now so I'm just trying to be patient
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:30 pm

It is that time of the year Bill. It took my ass 6 weeks to forward it to Ken Raddon.

We look forward to seeing the new developments and improvements to the Hot Rod.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 pm

I think he has done a outstanding job of listening to what guys have said and then answered them....and by doing so made a great looking tool, huge improvement over what was first introduced.
I have to say I think the weight set up is maybe taking it to far, you may end up putting to much stress on it and for what, if that happens then guys will just turn and say bad things about it.... and the whole time you were just trying to make it better for them.
The curly cue cord is a good idea for it, but you have already changed so many peoples thoughts on this tool and I think you have a winner, now just focus on marketing it and enjoy the ride, you will always get guys that want MORE.
Like I said you have really changed a lot of guys outlook on it great job.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:43 pm

SCCC wrote:I think he has done a outstanding job of listening to what guys have said and then answered them....and by doing so made a great looking tool, huge improvement over what was first introduced.
I have to say I think the weight set up is maybe taking it to far, you may end up putting to much stress on it and for what, if that happens then guys will just turn and say bad things about it.... and the whole time you were just trying to make it better for them.
The curly cue cord is a good idea for it, but you have already changed so many peoples thoughts on this tool and I think you have a winner, now just focus on marketing it and enjoy the ride, you will always get guys that want MORE.
Like I said you have really changed a lot of guys outlook on it great job.

What an encouraging post. Thank you so much.

I have a mentor that I meet with once a week and he warned me that I have acquired "inventor's fever" (he has seen several more variations and accessories than anyone else an heard my future ideas) but he essentially gave me the same advice. He said there are too many other parts of the business that need attention. So I guess it's time to exercise a little discipline and do the stuff that's a little less fun but also very important.

Thanks again
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:34 am

milspec6 wrote:The weight kit is a clean look there Bill, but I'm not certain it puts the weight over the tool enough for stone work.  I think it would "push" the tool instead, placing a lot of extra impact on the front of the disc instead of over the tool.

It is a step in the right direction, but I don;t think it would be the answer for stone unless you needed it to aggressively remove a lip only.

This tool has really grown into quite the piece of equipment.  You have done an excellent job listening to feedback and incorporating changes to improve the product....something many companies have failed to accomplish.

Mil,
Here's another variation with the weight directly over the head.

Just wondering what you think.

Initial feedback from the stone guys is good.

Thanks

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 7 20141111
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:01 am

AC might be visiting me next week. If it's cool, he can bring me the loaner, I will try it and review it. then either buy it or send it to the next guy.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:03 am

Andy Mc wrote:AC  might be visiting  me next week.   If it's cool,  he can bring  me the loaner,   I will try it and review it.   then either buy it or send it to the next guy.

A big yes Andy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next