Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Stay away from Camelot carpet cleaning software

3 posters

Go down

Stay away from Camelot carpet cleaning software Empty Stay away from Camelot carpet cleaning software

Post by Raffy Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Bought this software in 2003 for about $800.
They have managed to make my copy of this software obsolete were as I cannot migrate it nor my data base into a new Computor.
Over the years they would issue you an authorization code so if you ever had to reinstall Camalot back into your Computor for whatever reason (crash or new Computer), No need to buy this software again. Reinstall and migrate the back up into the reinstallation.

Now you cannot reinstall the software into any new Computor cause they stop issuing authorization codes. The reason, new technology cannot support old software. I don't have a problem with
new technology but only the new way lf causing you to buy the new crap. Heres what i mean. They pretty much are tell you the carpet cleaner, screw you. You either buy into our new software which is now called 'subscription' that you buy into at the rate of $59 per month or a yearly fee of over $500 which either subscription causes you to pay on a continual bases. So you no longer get a disc software. They shove it up your cheeks after you supported them with buying their software. Even the worlds largest software makers like Microsoft sell you software and updates and upgrades to the software you buy for a one time fee and not this business called 'subscription' fee.

What a rackit by this low down dirty no good bandit called Camalot software for carpet cleaners. Stay far away and tell other carpet cleaners to do the same.

Meanwhile I'm shopping for a new carpet cleaning software. If you know of one without the bullspit subscription fee, please post it.
I'm glad that apple and its apps have $.99 apps that are similar to Camalot cause you can customize some with reminders to send to previous clients and also use em to keep track of your clients and their history.

Carpet cleaners be on the look out for vendors that will try to behave as if your totally stupid and try to swindle you out of your hard earned money.

Last edited by Raffy on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Raffy

Back to top Go down

Stay away from Camelot carpet cleaning software Empty Re: Stay away from Camelot carpet cleaning software

Post by Mo Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Thanks for the warning Raffy. Is Camelot an accounting and contact manager software.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Stay away from Camelot carpet cleaning software Empty Re: Stay away from Camelot carpet cleaning software

Post by Raffy Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:47 am

Yes and yes.

It's a cool piece of software when you purchased it outright but now they have gotten greedy and want you to pay on a endless monthly basis.

There are a few vendors that set up shop and operate as if the carpet cleaner is an uneducated fool.

Raffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:08 am

It seems that a lot of software companys r switching to the monthly fee. I think it's a rip.
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raffy Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:09 am

Fuzzsucker wrote:It seems that a lot of software companys r switching to the monthly fee. I think it's a rip.
Rip-off is right!!!

Raffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down