Latest topics
» Connection with the largest contractor in my area.
by Freemind1 Yesterday at 9:23 pm

» Repeat cust didn't pay !
by milspec6 Yesterday at 8:11 pm

» Another mess
by milspec6 Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:07 pm

» You know it is hot when you turn down jobs
by milspec6 Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:56 pm

» Why I was away
by milspec6 Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:11 pm

» Pressure washer help
by steamprony Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 pm

» that's a 1st, ugh!
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:20 pm

» After a long winter
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:19 pm

» Setting customer expectations.
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 pm

» Adding on work while you are there.....
by Freemind1 Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:36 pm

» Happy Father's day !
by Mo Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:03 pm

» Hi From Scotland
by milspec6 Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:25 pm

» Thought on my pricing.
by Freemind1 Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:43 pm

» any fishermen?
by Freemind1 Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:52 am

» Urine Stain Charges
by milspec6 Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:27 am

Grease Eraser

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Grease Eraser

Post by Mo on Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:11 am

I checked the Code Green MSDS and yes its peroxide based. Nothing to do with grease eraser
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:32 am

Oh, I got confused. I was thinking that Code Green was enzymatic as well and it had me perplexed. Thanks for clearing that up.

Boat looks good in the avatar Mo....makes me jealous. I actually sat up late last night watching "Castaway" again and dreamed that I was stranded on an island.....mine came with a stash of pirate rum and a Zestos, so it turned out better than Tom Hanks.
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:53 pm

I didn't know grease eraser is enzyme based, wow.
Also I have tried power burst and pro zyme in the past and power burst got my vote out of those 2, but now that I know grease eraser is enzyme based, it's definitely the winner out of all 3. I don't need to boost it with anything and it cleans really well, without any extraction detergents !!
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:02 pm

power burst is ether based so that will never be sprayed in my customers homes.    

I draw the line at anything with ether or butyl  

I still think procyon powder is a must because when you run into homes with not trashed carpet you dont really want to nuke them with 12-13pH...    it will strip the factory coating.          Also it does really well on upholstery and excellent for area rugs, Ive been using it as an extraction rinse on our repeat customers homes that have been cleaned in the last year and it kicks ass with no pre spray.  

Really gotta have both,     a strong pre spray for the trashed carpet and a lighter one for the cleaner homes.  

For trashed carpet I havent found anything quite as good as flex with citri solve boosted with matrix miracle/OSR.          

but Flex will definitely strip any protective coatings on carpet
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:07 pm

I've been liking the Procyon for the purposes that you described. It is extra friendly to me and I like that part. You do need a stronger brew for the rough stuff, but I have to avoid the citri solve boosters...I can't take it anymore.

I am trying very hard to avoid the harsh stuff by passing on those jobs and increasing the agitation steps.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Yeah we are all very different, aren't we ?
One more reason why procyon will never be in my truck, it takes close to 180 degrees hot water to mix it properly, on even a slightly dirtier carpets I even put 10 scoops and it barely cleans the carpets, if my customers are paying me $ 0.40 / Sq ft, I expect to give them a really clean carpets and they expect the same from me, I just can't sacrifice my customer's satisfaction for a mere "safer" chemicals for me, it's not about me when they are paying me $ 200 / hour or sometimes more, it's about the quality of the work.
That being said I'm not about to destroy my lungs either with super strong solvents, etc, there has to be common ground, seems like grease eraser is a good compromise ( according to their website, it is a safe product ).
Oh btw it's not 12 - 13 ph, it's 9.5 or 10 if I'm not mistaken. If you use a ph 8 or 9 and steam it out with over 200 degrees of water, it can still strip the protective coatings out, so the risk is there no matter what.
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:41 pm

Now that is interesting....I didn't have any trouble getting it to mix at all, but it is getting hot water right off my heat exchanger via courtesy hose which is about 200 degrees.

Procyon doesn't clean the same as other products, more concentration doesn't make a stronger mix. It can clean well under favorable conditions, but it is not as versatile like the high power stuff is.

Here is where we differ...or maybe where our customer's differ. I push the fact that we clean carpets for 3 reasons: Appearance, Health, and longevity of the material. The same with anything that we clean in life. We clean our cars not just for appearance, but longevity as well.

The first one is the strongest purpose they call us for, but I will not compromise the other two to achieve the one. There needs to be a balance in their to accomplish all three goals.

I could bomb every carpet (I sued to by way) with the strongest stuff on the market to achieve a really clean and bright looking carpet, furniture, tile, etc., but it will also shorten the material's life and introduce harsh chemicals to both me and the customer. I find that unacceptable.

I just wish there was a product that could deliver on all three elements right now, but it isn't quite there yet. Procyon doesn't clean like the stronger presprays...it just doesn't. But it does deliver on the health and likely the longevity part of the equation, so under the right conditions (light soil) it is a winner.

My old Extreme Clean could clean like gangbusters...even tough spots in a single pass. It checks that box well, but it also made me break out in rashes and develop chest pains.....big failure in the health department. As for longevity of material......probably didn't help that either.

Fact is, there isn't a single product out there that I know of that delivers on all 3 parts of the cleaning goals. Maybe Grease Eraser can be, I am curious to hear your results and might have to go back and try some myself. Until then, we keep chasing imperfect rainbows.

milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:31 pm

@milspec6 wrote:Oh, I got confused.  I was thinking that Code Green was enzymatic as well and it had me perplexed.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Boat looks good in the avatar Mo....makes me jealous.  I actually sat up late last night watching "Castaway" again and dreamed that I was stranded on an island.....mine came with a stash of pirate rum and a Zestos, so it turned out better than Tom Hanks.
 Thanks Rob. Unfortunately finding the time to drive 80 miles to lake is a challenge. Im hoping I can get out there this weekend. I would like to camp out on the boat one evening
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:33 pm

Ouch, 80 miles is a bit far isn't it?

I live less than 15 minutes from a large series of lakes and yet I haven't gone out there in years. I just might have to add that to my list of things to accomplish this Summer.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:39 pm

@dp1 wrote:I didn't know grease eraser is enzyme based, wow.
Also I have tried power burst and pro zyme in the past and power burst got my vote out of those 2, but now that I know grease eraser is enzyme based, it's definitely the winner out of all 3. I don't need to boost it with anything and it cleans really well, without any extraction detergents !!

I was just reading up on Grease Eraser....doesn't seem to be an enzyme product any more. When it was first formulated, users were told not to exceed 140 degrees due to the enzymes, but there isn't a temp restriction any longer, so the formula must have changed.

I do want to go back and try it again. I like the MSDS and if it cleans up residential better than say Procyon, I am on-board. I really have become a fan of powders over the liquids these days to save weight. The Slop and Gobble has been performing well, but I am not fully sold on it yet....still have plenty more to use up before I decide.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:51 am

I'm sure those 3 things you mentioned up there are every customer's expectations as well as some cleaners ( the ones who care anyway ) as for me I will add a few more things, to qualify to be in my van, the cleaning solutions have to be efficient and effective to use, if I have to wait in my first job for a few minutes until my water temperature reach 200 degrees for the solution to mix properly, that's a waste of few minutes of my day, at the end of the month, that few minutes each day adds up to a few hours which is equal to time I can use to do something else, whether it's to do another job or do paperwork or just simply to be spent with my kids.
I have to admit the pH is high, at 11.5, but the chemical is not buffered, so with 2 less scoops per gallon, you can drop that ph to around 9 - 9.5 and it still cleans well, I've been playing with it for a couple of weeks now and I tried to put less scoops for less dirty carpets and like I said without extraction detergents it still cleans well, that also means I don't have to take apart my inline filters in my wand ( up top and down low at the Jets ) to clean all of the extraction cleaning detergents residue, that's another 10 - 15 minutes time saved, the last reason for me to use certain solution is cost, this cost slightly more than power burst boost with ultrapac or grand slam, but this product can be used by itself, I don't have to boost it with ultrapac or grand slam, after I finish my ultrapac and grand slam, I don't have to buy more, that actually might come out to be the same in the cost department.
With procyon when I have to work by myself, I have to go back to the van so many times to get solvents or peroxide, with grease eraser, in the past 2 weeks or so I only have to go back to the van like once or twice, and the past 2 weeks or so I've been really busy.
If you're close by Rob, I would give you a jar to try it out, just to see if you're going to have any reaction or not, I usually don't like the smell of any solution ( including dry slurry ), with this one I don't like the smell before the mix, after the mix there is only light smell, which doesn't bother me at all.
I'm sticking with this one until they change something in it ( I hope not Razz ).
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:16 am

Knowing you the way that I do, you have sold me on trying Grease Eraser. I will place an order with Jon-Don later today. Have you tried any of the other items in that product line...now would be the time to order those to save on shipping.

Thanks for the honest review....will see how it goes.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:17 pm

dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:26 pm

Don't take my word for it, I was going to take a video but I was working by myself, it wouldn't be a good video.
For this job I had to take my solvents out for 4 - 5 spots, those rust stains, I treated 2 of them with rust remover and left the other 2 untreated and I got the same result on all, they lighten up but not completely gone, they look like they have been there for a while.
Rob, I haven't tried any other chemeister's products, so I have no suggestions, sorry.
If you buy it and didn't like it, I'd be happy to buy it from you, but I think the shipping would be quite a bit though Sad
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:09 pm

I normally find a usage for all chemicals, even if they under perform. I ordered a case, so I should know soon enough.

I cleaned a 15 year old builders grade poly today, but I would have been happier if I set it on fire instead. Traffic lanes wouldn't budge at all and the whole thing just looked lifeless when I was done.

Why do people buy that crap? It didn't help that it was at a Frat house on Campus. You could actually smell the alcohol in the waste tank. No
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:40 am

The carpet retailers pushing the poly crap are just pushing these people to hard surfaces.

When you clean nylon you are an awesome cleaner an the following year your customer buys poly you look like a rookie
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:41 am

@Mo wrote:The carpet retailers pushing the poly crap are just pushing these people to hard surfaces.

When you clean nylon you are an awesome cleaner an the following year your customer buys poly you look like a rookie

Oh so true, so true indeed. I was a wizard when I cleaned the bank's jade wool carpet, but that poly made me look like a fool. I have said it before, but I really am thinking about turning down jobs that involve the cheapest poly rags. I will never be happy with the results and neither will the customer. I might as well let the other cleaners in town look like amateurs.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:32 pm

My pail of Grease Eraser arrived today.

It really is a similar product to Slop and Gobble and performed nearly the same as well on my test room. The Eraser did seem to suspend a little better, but the difference was pretty minimal...at least on some residential poly. On a grease nest it might be more important.

I will give both a good month of use before making any final judgement calls, but so far, they seem like very good products.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:42 pm

Any skin reaction ? Or respiratory issue of any kind ? Just curious.
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:49 pm

None so far.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:16 am

I nominate to be the guinea pig to test all of these cleaning solutions that might be toxic to our health Very Happy
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:50 am

@Mo wrote:I nominate to be the guinea pig to test all of these cleaning solutions that might be toxic to our health Very Happy

Too late, by about 20 years. Wine

milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ElroyHouse on Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:48 am

Blot the grease stain from the carpet. Cornmeal is a good absorbent as is used to blot grease. Take a brush with stiff bristles and then brush the stain to break it up. If the stain is still visible then apply a dry cleaning solvent with the help of a clean sponge. Then apply a dry spotter to the stained area.A dry spotter is usually made up of 8 parts dry cleaning solvent and 1 part coconut oil.Using an absorbent pad cover the stain with more dry spotter.As the pad continues to pick up  the stain you will see that the grease stains have been removed from the carpet. If the grease still persists then it is better if you call in a professional cleaning service to handle it. I had a similar issue and I had to call in ergo clean to clean it up for me.

ElroyHouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum