Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

A stupid question !

+3
ACpower1
milspec6
dp1
7 posters

Go down

A stupid question ! Empty A stupid question !

Post by dp1 Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:09 am

We've talked about t&g quite a few times and you guys told me that my t&g cleaning rate is pretty reasonable ( $ 1 / Sq ft to clean only ). I think the yellow truck guys are charging $ 0.75 / sq ft for cleaning, if you guys have employee/s and try to keep them busy for winter, would you match their price to achieve your goal ? I think I will still make profits with $ 0.75 / sq ft.
Also do you charge flat rate for small bathrooms ? Some of these bathrooms are as small as 12 - 15 sq ft which almost doesn't make sense to charge $ 10 for a bathroom and you end up spending 10 - 15 minutes maneuvering around the tight corners and such. If you charge flat rate, how much do you charge for them ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

A stupid question ! Empty Re: A stupid question !

Post by milspec6 Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:34 am

I would say that you are very reasonable at a dollar per square. If you can still garner a good profit at 75 cents, then go for it....nothing worse than paying staff to do nothing.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:46 pm

I started at 1$ per sq ft but then realized the risk in using strong t&g chems, like 2790 or unitex

they get the grout sooo clean but you need to spend time taping off and protecting wood cabinets, stainless appliances, and transitions to wood floors

I have yet to damage anything but when customers compare the higher price, I just ask them if the other guys are going to tape off and protect everything around the tile... once they realize they wont, then usually they have no prob with the higher price
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:32 pm

If you're going to invest the time and money into properly training yourself, purchasing the correct equipment and thoroughly prep the job to prevent damage, so you do the jobs properly then I think commanding every bit of $1 a ft is fair.

You can always come down on price if needed to get the job, but it's much harder to start low and go up, unless you're talking about up sales.

On small areas like bathrooms, I charge a min T&G fee, unless it's being done in conjunction with other work done at the same time.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:22 pm

I charge $1 a square foot for the first 100 sf and 50 cents for the remainder. I use Tile Master from Truckmount forums. I have never taped off anything and have never damaged anything. I live in the Salt Lake area but if I lived in a city with any higher living expense I would raise my prices in proportion to how/what everything else costs.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:40 pm

I really want to try that tile master,   interlink carries it now.     If it cleans well and theres no worry about getting it on wood or stainless then I would switch to it.  

hate the fumes from 2790 and unitex,   nasty stuff but its hard not to use because you get the grout so white again.. contrast alone usually leads to word of mouth jobs for their friends and family
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:51 am

^^How long has it been since you last bought 2790?

"Fumes", are not an issue in the last year I don't think...it's actually very mild smelling now that it has been changed to non haz-mat shipping.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:40 am

I try to not stock duplicate chems if I can help it. I use bridgepoint powdered flex for the high ph and citrus (for the oily soil), I boost with 27% hp and add some Krud Kutter if really nasty. If all else fails I will etch bad areas with a little Hydroforce/spinergy restore. Never masked anything, no complaints yet. $1- $1.50 psf depending on how soiled.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:56 am

One thing I can add to this is....I would NEVER compare to the competitions prices, YOU set the tone in the industry!...let them ask why you are getting more!! Pricing is subjective and when you "compare" it creates possible failure, besides two companies can offer the same quality and same equipment etc BUT they both have different overheads ....so dont price based on competitions overhead....especially if you dont know it. you said you could lower price and still make a profit....well, price is supposed to go up over time...not down.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down