Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Ice Expo Yeah or Nay

+13
TimM
Davey Cracker
dp1
Freemind1
Joe Bristor
John LaBarbera
Pro Touch
ODIN
Ryan S
CleanTech
milspec6
Fuzzsucker
Mo
17 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ice Expo Yeah or Nay Empty Ice Expo Yeah or Nay

Post by Mo Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:48 pm

What do you guys think about the newest industry trade show http://iceexpo.org/index.html.  It looks like Mytee has quite a few booths, bob even has a booth reserved. I've never been to one. Am I missing anything? Maybe Ill take a trip to Vegas with my video camera.

http://iceexpo.org/images/floorplan.png?1381893754
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Ice Expo Yeah or Nay Empty Re: Ice Expo Yeah or Nay

Post by Fuzzsucker Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:25 pm

Heck its only $500 for a booth. We could pitch in and just set up a couple of lawn chairs and a cooler of beer. When people walk past asking what we r selling we will be like "nothing, just drinking"
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:05 pm

I am planning on attending if just to get away from winter for a few days.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:07 pm

Fuzzsucker wrote:Heck its only $500 for a booth. We could pitch in and just set up a couple of lawn chairs and a cooler of beer. When people walk past asking what we r selling we will be like "nothing, just drinking"
We can just take the lawn chairs and save $500.00

They did pick a good time of the year to do it
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:56 pm

im still considering it Smile

great time of year, get to see some of you guys and maybe a vegas show or 2?

Will you guys wear your cleaning shirts?

Ill probably have a giant CleanTech on my back
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:36 am

Fuzzsucker wrote:Heck its only $500 for a booth. We could pitch in and just set up a couple of lawn chairs and a cooler of beer. When people walk past asking what we r selling we will be like "nothing, just drinking"
Sounds Like a Lounge to me. Maybe we could invite a few old friends they look bored!! Laughing 
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Ice Expo Yeah or Nay Empty ICE

Post by tony c Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:45 am

I'll be going, already got my airfare and my wife got us free rooms for the week.

tony c

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Fuzzsucker Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:35 am

Maybe next year a wanders/ lounge booth. Hopefully by then they will have some more vendors and I wont have a new baby.
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:17 pm

I'm not going. I don't need to travel across the country to have sunshine pumped up my a$$. I can get that locally if I need it.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by John LaBarbera Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:40 am

Pro Touch wrote:I'm not going. I don't need to travel across the country to have sunshine pumped up my a$$. I can get that locally if I need it.
ICE's purpose is not to "pump sunshine" as you describe. Frankly, this show is to help especially the new ones in the industry or coming into it.  Those invited are Janitors, PCC's and auto detailers.  Many of whom are crossing over into these different, although similar, trades.  This show is economical, informative and it will be fun.  Much different than other trade shows you may be familiar with.  Judson will award a TNT tm at the show.  Also, a number of valuable prizes will be given away to the attendees at the ICE show.

Lisa Wagner is speaking along with Jeff Cross and many others.

The demo area open to all attendees will allow those who would like to try out various CRB's such as Strong, Whittaker and others.  Also different wands, rotaries and upholstery tools will be available to use.

Many products like the Zipper Wand, Duk Guards and Jerry Valentine will be displaying many of Wanders Products.
I would encourage all to attend this first year.  Believe me it will be very enjoyable and beneficial.

Register to attend at .......org

John LaBarbera

http://www.Mytee.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:55 pm

If you created this show for new people (aka those with no experience) then I can't see this as a really good idea.

I know your daughter is organizing this John, and I think that is great. Though what I do NOT think is great, is this show is already gotten the reputation as the Mytee show. There is also much confusion as to what people should expect to see and what the real prices are on things. This should have had better planning out of the gate, because if people are not absolutely blown away, there will likely be no attendance next time around.

I agree with Lisa Wagner, that has it right, there is a NEED for a show that actually brings something forth other than the usual BS that everyone is used to. Yes, we do need a show that isn't milking you for every dime.

There should have been more planning. There should have been more to offer from the beginning.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:06 pm

John LaBarbera wrote:
Pro Touch wrote:I'm not going. I don't need to travel across the country to have sunshine pumped up my a$$. I can get that locally if I need it.
ICE's purpose is not to "pump sunshine" as you describe. Frankly, this show is to help especially the new ones in the industry or coming into it.  Those invited are Janitors, PCC's and auto detailers.  Many of whom are crossing over into these different, although similar, trades.  This show is economical, informative and it will be fun.  Much different than other trade shows you may be familiar with.  Judson will award a TNT tm at the show.  Also, a number of valuable prizes will be given away to the attendees at the ICE show.

Lisa Wagner is speaking along with Jeff Cross and many others.

The demo area open to all attendees will allow those who would like to try out various CRB's such as Strong, Whittaker and others.  Also different wands, rotaries and upholstery tools will be available to use.

Many products like the Zipper Wand, Duk Guards and Jerry Valentine will be displaying many of Wanders Products.
I would encourage all to attend this first year.  Believe me it will be very enjoyable and beneficial.

Register to attend at  .......org
I'll stick by my original statement.
No disrespect to any vendors. Trade shows by design are meant to build excitement and hype to sell products. Period. Nothing wrong with that.
I'll bet you a dollar to doughnut that the information that I get here at The Lounge will be more honest and reliable than anything I can get at a trade show. Just look at the RX20 thread to see what I mean. Real life info with no ulterior motives. That's what I cherish more than anything else.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:35 pm

John is here because I sent him an invitation to join the The Cleaners Lounge.  I want this forum to be open to all distributors and cleaners alike. Welcome John.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Even Mike P is here too now, I don't remember sending him an email. Can we sing cumbaya guys.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Hello Mike

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Mo wrote:John is here because I sent him an invitation to join the The Cleaners Lounge.  I want this forum to be open to all distributors and cleaners alike. Welcome John.
That's good Mo.

I hope John doesn't just come here to pimp his show and then not return.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by John LaBarbera Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi Joe,

Your recollection of events are different than mine.  Never-the-less I didn't come here to argue or fight with you.  I have nothing but high regard for you and your products.  

As far as ICE is concerned, I know some have said it's a Mytee show because John is promoting it.  This is my daughter show.  She is organizing it and it takes a lot of work. I along with others are helping her, however, the fact, it is her show.

In the last few years I have encouraged some to do this as I could see what was happening with the existing show.  People wanted something different, however, no one want to do what it takes to accomplish it.  As the saying goes, "talk is cheap."
In December 2012 and February 2013 I talked to Tony Wheelwright about a show and he said he was already working with a promotion company to put one together for Spring 2014.  So I backed off on the idea. Then it changed to fall 2014.

Around June of 2013 I felt it was not happening and so I started talking to my daughter about doing it.  She was willing and she has done a great job in a very short time.

IICRC has a booth and is offering credits to attendees.  She has about 40 exhibitors at this time, many of them are small companies like Zipper Wand and others who many times get locked out of a show for the cost but have a very good product.

Attendees are at about 200 at this point.  Some are coming from Canada, Japan, the Caribbean and from all over the USA.

For the first year not a bad showing.  She is already planning next years show.  

Attendance is free so come if you want, stay home if you don't.

For myself, I'm going I think it will be fun.  Oh, and for the record I bought the same number of booths that I normally would have at Connections.

John LaBarbera

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Ok boys it's time to order a round on me. The way they say it where I come from is "were walking in high cotton". Should be interesting to see the contributions from you guys. Have fun!
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Hey John the website says that the free admission expired on the 31st of October.
I've never been to one and I've been in business for over 6 years. It's only 4 hours away from me.

If attend will I be allowed to video and interview folks at the show for our members here at The Lounge?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by John LaBarbera Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:33 pm

Mo wrote:Hey John the website says that the free admission expired on the 31st of October.
I've never been to one and I've been in business for over 6 years. It's only 4 hours away from me.

If attend will I be allowed to video and interview folks at the show for our members here at The Lounge?
Attendance is free. The web site needs to be updated. Bring you video camera and your interview question. Register on line. The board doesn't allow me to post the web address.

John LaBarbera

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next