» Another mess
by milspec6 Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» You know it is hot when you turn down jobs
by milspec6 Yesterday at 11:04 am

» Why I was away
by milspec6 Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:11 pm

» Pressure washer help
by steamprony Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 pm

» Connection with the largest contractor in my area.
by Freemind1 Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:04 am

» that's a 1st, ugh!
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:20 pm

» After a long winter
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:19 pm

» Setting customer expectations.
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 pm

» Adding on work while you are there.....
by Freemind1 Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:36 pm

» Happy Father's day !
by Mo Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:03 pm

» Hi From Scotland
by milspec6 Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:25 pm

» Thought on my pricing.
by Freemind1 Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:43 pm

» any fishermen?
by Freemind1 Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:52 am

» Urine Stain Charges
by milspec6 Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:27 am

» Yelp vs Google
by Freemind1 Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:22 am

Ice Expo Yeah or Nay

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ice Expo Yeah or Nay

Post by John LaBarbera on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:35 pm

@Mikey P wrote:I have 1306 signed up for mikefest already with booths sold to ch5evy, Pepsi, Microsoft and the New York yankees.

But this show really belongs to my pet chickens...I have nothing to do with it.
Chickens? I thought you were vegan?

John LaBarbera

http://www.Mytee.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:27 pm

It's nice too see you two talking. Life's too short to hold grudges after all this cleaning industry is a brotherhood. Kumbaya me lord Kumbaya

Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:27 pm

@Mo wrote:It's nice too see you two talking. Life's too short to hold grudges after all this cleaning industry is a brotherhood.  Kumbaya me lord Kumbaya

When you say "you two", you mean Joe and John ? I'm not fueling the fire here at all but the way I look at it is if someone imitate my design ( doesn't even have to be too close ), I would hold a grudge too, I don't know what exactly happened, it's a hearsay now, thief would never admit they steal, would they ?
Just my two cents, don't really care about any show anywhere, to me this industry is getting to a point where the distributors and some forum guys are killing each other for $$, everything is always about $$, why ?? Life is too short, be nice to each other, be fair, don't cheat, pay what you owe and we all live a happy life, again that's just my unbias opinion.
dp1

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Davey Cracker on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:26 am

@Freemind1 wrote:
@Mo wrote:John is here because I sent him an invitation to join the The Cleaners Lounge.  I want this forum to be open to all distributors and cleaners alike. Welcome John.
That's good Mo.

I hope John doesn't just come here to pimp his show and then not return.
That would be better than pimp his show and then return! lol! 

Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by John LaBarbera on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:35 am

@dp1 wrote:
@Mo wrote:It's nice too see you two talking. Life's too short to hold grudges after all this cleaning industry is a brotherhood.  Kumbaya me lord Kumbaya

When you say "you two", you mean Joe and John ? I'm not fueling the fire here at all but the way I look at it is if someone imitate my design ( doesn't even  have to be too close ), I would hold a grudge too, I don't know what exactly happened, it's a hearsay now, thief would never admit they steal, would they ?
Just my two cents, don't really care about any show anywhere, to me this industry is getting to a point where the distributors and some forum guys are killing each other for $$, everything is always about $$, why ?? Life is too short, be nice to each other, be fair, don't cheat, pay what you owe and we all live a happy life, again that's just my unbias opinion.
I'm having some trouble posting on this board. Sometime it takes and other times it doesn't. However, here's another try.

I didn't come here to get into a pissing contest with anyone. I normally don't start threads but I will post to questions or comments related to me if I have something to say. With Mo's invite, I came. Initially I didn't know the politics of the board. I made comments to inform those who were interested about ICE. Made the wrong comment and that seemed to start things going here. Like I said earlier, I didn't come to argue or fight or to irritate anyone. Don't care for the drama, left other boards because of it and limit my participation to areas where I can help or have a nice interchange of ideas.

I have to take exception to the innuendo implied here that I stole something. I wanted to avoid all of this because I don't want to hurt anybody but it bothers me to be called a thief and I can't let that stand with out commenting on in a limited way. It boils down to an agreement that was reached between two businessmen. I invested tens of thousands of dollars modifying molds and build injection mold with that persons permission based on that agreement and then I received an email one day saying the agreement was being unilaterally changed. I tried to reason regarding the position I was in not just with the money amount but the position it put my distributors in to no avail. We parted company and that's the end of the story. I only get involved with deals like this with people I like. Those feelings have not changed and what I had stated earlier I meant from my heart. I regret things have turned out the way that they have. If I knew then what I know now I would not have gone down that road.
I don't want to talk about this anymore. If I'm welcome here, I'll stay, if not, I'll go. It's as simple as that. I have a lot of regard for the man and I don't want to be an irritant. Like you said, life is too short and we are all, pretty much, in the same boat.

John LaBarbera

http://www.Mytee.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:47 am

Well John I have no involvement in what has transpired between you and others. I have no dog in that fight.

I have no issue if you, Mikey, or anyone else is here. I don't want drama either.

I just look for positive and helpful input. I would hope we all can get along.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:54 am

I will not be going. The wife and I decided we didnt need another trade show to go to. As Terry said, you learn more stuff around the pool or bar. That is what we normally do when we have gone to connections. We hit the trade show, but it is more to meet up with other cleaners to learn from the people that actually use the stuff, not the salesman who are hired to sell it.
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://magaw.org/PriceIsRightCarpetCleaning/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:21 am

I agree with Freemind.

DP I was talking about Joe and Mikey. I know you didn't want to fuel the fire but that's exactly what you did. I use Joe's cool cuffs, shear kit, wand, silver bullet.

I do want other distributors contributing on this forum and if they talk about their products that's fine to. Ultimately we the cleaners are going to decide what products were going to use and if we purchase something that is junk were going to say so.
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:29 am

@Mo wrote:I agree with Freemind.

DP I was talking about Joe and Mikey. I know you didn't want to fuel the fire but that's exactly what you did. I use Joe's cool cuffs, shear kit, wand, silver bullet.

I do want other distributors contributing on this forum and if they talk about their products that's fine to. Ultimately we the cleaners are going to decide what products were going to use and if we purchase something that is junk were going to say so.
Mo, with all due respect, please see my comment, I said "I don't know exactly what happened, it's a hearsay now"
John, that comment about thief wouldn't admit they had stolen something, did I say it was you sir ??
I have respect for everyone, including people that I don't even know, I just don't want this board to get split like the other board just because some people jumped in board and has some support from some members and some don't support.
I was simply just stating my opinion, if my opinion is no longer welcome, I also can leave in peace :-)
Have a great weekend everyone.
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:43 am

Your opinion is welcome DP. I'm done with this drama
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:20 am

Hey any events on the east coast other than the one in Fla? Maybe someone can talk Judson into one.

http://Www.carpetcleaningwaterrestoration.com
http://www.fayettevillenccarpetcleaning.com
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:37 pm

The Revolution continues to build and add to the number.

Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:32 pm

@Joe Bristor wrote:DP1 which cuffs do you use?

Sorry didn't see this, I use regular cuffs, I've got a huge blower, I could be wrong but I don't think special cuffs will make much of a difference, I might buy a couple cool cuffs and a couple your cuffs Joe and do some testings and post the result in here.
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:51 pm

@dp1 wrote:

Sorry didn't see this, I use regular cuffs, I've got a huge blower, I could be wrong but I don't think special cuffs will make much of a difference, I might buy a couple cool cuffs and a couple your cuffs Joe and do some testings and post the result in here.
I think I may have knocked some sense into this Boy since he posted this earlier! lol! 

Hopefully he'll be calling you soon to order some Perfect Seal Cool Cuffs, Joe. cheers 

I told him once he switches, he'll wonder why he didn't sooner! wink 

Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:08 pm

I need to get the perfect seal ones too
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:14 pm

@Mo wrote:I need to get the perfect seal ones too
I gots em and love em. Most quite cuff I've used. I used Mytee cuffs and the hissed. I had air leaks at all connections. Ordered some perfect seal cool cuffs. No hiss no air leaks at all! Maybe a video is in order.

Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:01 pm

@Davey Cracker wrote:
@dp1 wrote:

I think I may have knocked some sense into this Boy since he posted this earlier! lol! 

Hopefully he'll be calling you soon to order some Perfect Seal Cool Cuffs, Joe. cheers 

I told him once he switches, he'll wonder why he didn't sooner! wink 
Yes this Boy's sense got knocked, lol Razz
I thought cool cuffs = Mytee cuffs, my bad, Cracker educated me earlier, I even got the part #, thanks man.
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:48 pm

@dp1 wrote:

you mean the vinyl push together cuffs?

oh man

get Joe to hook you up

SO many benefits to upgrading! true 2" or 2.5" all the way through, not the reduced size due to the insert
wont come apart when reeling in or out or when going up on the outside of a building a flight up
etc

Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:58 am

@CleanTech wrote:
@dp1 wrote:

you mean the vinyl push together cuffs?

oh man

get Joe to hook you up

SO many benefits to upgrading!  true 2" or 2.5" all the way through, not the reduced size due to the insert
wont come apart when reeling in or out or when going up on the outside of a building a flight up
etc
Yes sir Razz
Dave's text to me said "I thought I was the last cleaner on earth that use those sh*tty cuffs, lol"
Well to my defense, I never hear any hissing from the connection, second of all, I think the filter switch is going ti be a pain in the butt, but Dave offered to help me with those when I get the cool cuff switch kit for my filter, I know I know some of you are going to say "get the silver bullet", I will as soon as my pool filter break, lol.
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Floorguy on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:38 am

reads like a poem......
Floorguy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.paynelessfloorcare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:50 am

@Joe Bristor wrote:

I got your order DP. thanks.
BTW, you might need a Starter cuff too; that's what goes onto your intake port.
Unlike those who copied me, mine comes with a stainless clamp at no charge.
Why? Because you need it.
Want one?
Did Dave teach about the Fireman's Rule?

Look at DP1's order to me...  6 swivel sets. That's it.

Damnit DP, that's why I told you to call Joe, rather than email your order! Mad Very Happy 

Because you need things like the starter cuff, and maybe other things I'm not remembering.

Trust me, call him, he's not going to blow smoke up ur ass and sell you shoot you don't need! He will just let you know what you're going to need to make it work/do it right.

Hopefully you ordered the filter conversion?

Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Permissions in this forum: