Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Loaner Review Wand-eeze Carpet Cleaning Wand Kit

+8
Matt; My carpet cleaner
brianbenaiah
ACpower1
SCCC
Davey Cracker
Royal Man
milspec6
Mo
12 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Loaner Review Wand-eeze Carpet Cleaning Wand Kit - Page 2 Empty Re: Loaner Review Wand-eeze Carpet Cleaning Wand Kit

Post by Royal Man Wed May 06, 2015 5:25 pm

A few inches!! More like a ft and 1/2 longer wand strokes and the stroke in mostly level all the way through. So the vac is not impacted.

Royal Man
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Loaner Review Wand-eeze Carpet Cleaning Wand Kit - Page 2 Empty Re: Loaner Review Wand-eeze Carpet Cleaning Wand Kit

Post by Royal Man Wed May 06, 2015 5:55 pm

Mo if you do a stroke with the Wand-eeze and mark the stroke and then grip the tube like a conventional trigger. Its a good, measurable way to show the difference. It not about arm lenght. Its about ergonomics. Here is a simple demo you can do. #1 stand up. 2. Hold your hand like it is on a conventional wand. Thumb forward and fingers pointing to the ground. #3 move your hand forward and back. ( See how limited your movement is? Its like your arm is frozen in position ) NOW Try it the ergonomic way. Hold your fingers pointing forward like you are about to shake hands and move your hand forward and back each way ( This is what i can "cutting wood" position.) Did you feel the difference? Like it said this is ergonomic principles applied to carpet cleaning.

Royal Man
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed May 06, 2015 6:02 pm

Royal Man wrote:Mo if you do a stroke with the Wand-eeze and mark the stroke and then grip the tube like a conventional trigger. Its a good, measurable way to show the difference. It not about arm lenght. Its about ergonomics. Here is a simple demo you can do. #1 stand up. 2. Hold your hand like it is on a conventional wand. Thumb forward and fingers pointing to the ground. #3 move your hand forward and back.  ( See how limited your movement is? Its like your arm is frozen in position ) NOW Try it the ergonomic way. Hold your fingers pointing forward  like you are about to shake hands and move your hand forward and back each way ( This is what i can "cutting wood" position.) Did you feel the difference?  Like it said this is ergonomic principles applied to carpet  cleaning.

He might get stuck on #1 for awhile.... Wink :bom:
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Man Wed May 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Did you try the,demo yourself,

Royal Man
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed May 06, 2015 6:39 pm

I'll use my tape to measure mine tomorrow, and then again when I get it and post the difference. wink

Apples to Oranges..
Apples to Apples..
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed May 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Royal Man wrote:Mo if you do a stroke with the Wand-eeze and mark the stroke and then grip the tube like a conventional trigger. Its a good, measurable way to show the difference. It not about arm lenght. Its about ergonomics. Here is a simple demo you can do. #1 stand up. 2. Hold your hand like it is on a conventional wand. Thumb forward and fingers pointing to the ground. #3 move your hand forward and back.  ( See how limited your movement is? Its like your arm is frozen in position ) NOW Try it the ergonomic way. Hold your fingers pointing forward  like you are about to shake hands and move your hand forward and back each way ( This is what i can "cutting wood" position.) Did you feel the difference?  Like it said this is ergonomic principles applied to carpet  cleaning.

If you hold your arm straight out and make a fist like you're punching, Mo. laughing J/K
Then rotate your wrist down as if you were holing wand tube I think it gives you a good idea, doesn't it?
For me, with long arms and big hands (which makes no difference, and kind of my point), it's about a 1-2" difference.

Maybe it's a greater distance in the real world, we will see.....

I've been thinking this thing was more about comfort, and not distance?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Man Wed May 06, 2015 6:54 pm

You aparently didnt do the test correctly. I guess you might need a video. Its really simple.

Royal Man
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Man Wed May 06, 2015 6:55 pm

Its comfort and productivity.

Royal Man
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed May 06, 2015 7:34 pm

milspec6 wrote:
He might get stuck on #1 for awhile.... Wink :bom:

LOL After cleaning thus time of year I can't even get up
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed May 06, 2015 7:41 pm

Why can't Rob get punched in your example Dave?

Ill do a video of the wand stroke with a close up on the glide and floor.

I do have some opinions on this tool already, but I am going to sustain until the rest of the loaner participants have a chance to test drive it and give their opinion. For now I will just be introducing the tool and taking pics and videos of whatever you guys want me to.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Man Wed May 06, 2015 7:50 pm

Mo just a couple ot tips. If you move the angle up to about a 45 it will give you the maximum Saw the wood " position. When it is flat ( like you have it) the ergonomics are not much different than a convetional wand. You also should do flat level strokes and not that down and back up stroke that was in the video. Great video btw!! Cant wait for more!!

Royal Man
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed May 06, 2015 7:52 pm

Ok Ill move it around and mess around with the angles
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed May 06, 2015 8:06 pm

I'm interested to see if one would end up lifting upwards at the end of the stroke as your arm is fully extended?

I remember taking fencing lessons in college and I always had to aim a little lower on a full thrust due to the tendency of your shoulder to rise upwards at the end.

Just one of those questions that I will explore when the time comes. I really suspect that another 2 feet could be added to the wand stroke with this grip. Wearing a 37.5 sleeve already and 37 inch inseam legs, I like the idea of being able to stretch out and gain greater productivity in wide open areas.

We shall see
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Man Wed May 06, 2015 8:17 pm

Wide open areas you can one arm it and get full extention. More confined areas you can do shorter strokes and use the assist handle more. All strokes should be done in a level stroke. ( except for the upside stroke for stair risers) Have more fun with it Mo. You can do the open hand forward vac stroke or the two finger grip at the bottom of the grip.

Royal Man
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu May 07, 2015 12:42 am

stroke is longer because the wand-eeze allows you to drop the handle of the wand lower to the ground at the end of your stroke, thats what gives the extra 2ft or so.

I like it, might just buy one instead of waiting on the loaner and having to mess with the wand to try it. You can tell just from the videos its a better position and gives more reach with less effort.

I can do some really big strokes but this would make it easier
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu May 07, 2015 10:26 am

Make sure you wrap the QD nice and tight or it will slip off. The trigger is softer than the soft touch
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu May 07, 2015 4:37 pm

One more thing. Don't over tighten bolts on the wand-eeze. I bent the handle on my value titanium slaping
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu May 07, 2015 4:51 pm

Ok, so it occurred to me today why I'm the only JackA$$ that says it won't increase your wand stroke length.. laughing .............

I'm pretty sure you guys that say it will are talking about one handing the wand, and not keeping your other hand on the tube handle, right?

I never do that one hand stuff, so I was thinking about it from the way I clean. My deal is I have a smaller blower, and have always felt the need to weight the wand by putting pressure on the tube handle........which I don't think is necessary for most of you guys, and where I can see this wand eeze would really add the the length.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu May 07, 2015 5:28 pm

I was using it today and I felt like moving my assist handle higher up the tube.

You know what was weird is at times I found myself using the top of the wand-eeze as my assist handle another thing I noticed is when I changed the position of the handle upwards the sorbothane pad was resting on my hand more
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu May 07, 2015 5:57 pm

Yes Davey, I am thinking one handed wanding. I only use the grab handle to move the wand over to start another pass....never end up leaning on it during my stroke.

I pretty much look like I am playing shuffle board and can cover a 10x10 room with two strides.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu May 07, 2015 6:07 pm

That's what I thought.

I also cover a 10x10 rm with 2 strokes, or real close to it.

I'm not sure the wand eeze is going to work for me being I always keep my other hand on the tube handle?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu May 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Rob you wand by the book.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu May 07, 2015 6:22 pm

I haven't leaned on the handle in years unless I meet a stubborn spot, but the chemistry these days almost eliminated those events.

I think I might measure my distance covered out of curiosity on a stroke...might be an interesting topic.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Man Thu May 07, 2015 6:26 pm

You can and probably should use the assist handle. One hand wanding is primarily for open rooms. Just move the assist handle way up to about 6 inches below the top curve. One handing will still put plenty of weight on the minifold. Mo, did you try the open handed forward vac stroke? You cant do that with any other wand valve. Because it will drop the wand on the floor.

Royal Man
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu May 07, 2015 6:38 pm

I do plan on still trying it, but I'm just not sure if I'm the target user for it.

Mo, has about 5 more days, or else!!!! laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next