Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Cojones or No Cojones!

+4
Matt; My carpet cleaner
ACpower1
Mo
Devon07
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cojones or No Cojones! Empty Cojones or No Cojones!

Post by Devon07 Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:03 pm

Isnt that how you say it Mo? lol

I want to see if you guys will put it all out there and tell your best/secret sales trick/talent whatever you want to call it.

Lets not dis anyone who has input....its nice to maybe learn from this. I recently learned a really good one from someone in here ... its up to him to share or share another.

What is the secret weapon you just cant live without when it comes to selling a job or upsale on a job. I have a few and will start with one....this works well for me and I just never quit using it ....it's been used since I started in the 80s and still today it helps sales of Scothchguard.

I dont try and sell it prior to cleaning...only "after" the customer is WOW'ed with the cleaning do I bring it up....the bigger the WOW the easier the sale is....9 times out of 10 they will ask me if Scotchguard really is any good (after I drop a hint of being impressed myself and saying I would SG if mine)...I say (drumroll please) well, my nicer homes usually always see the value in it and my rental types do not, then silence like I have little interest in selling it....This is a huge deal for me. They like the WOW cleaning they are getting and they certainly want to be the nicer home above the rental types. lol They do get the value but sometimes its hard to make a sale on the stuff. If they dont bite on my silence I make a mention like this...before I wrap it up did you want that SG?

If this isnt real clear, tell me, I'll try again but Im floored with how well this does.

Last edited by Devon07 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Cojones or No Cojones! Empty Re: Cojones or No Cojones!

Post by Mo Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:09 pm

Dang that's the one I was going to say. I like to use carpet protection application as a free value added service to close a commercial sale.

Of course there is the free tile and grout demo with the spinner.

It's Cojones. Cajones are guys from El Cajon California Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:17 pm

honestly its funny but we call our service "steam extraction and sterilization"  

as opposed to HWE or hot water extraction,   or just carpet cleaning

we push and sell the "steam" because its long been associated with killing bacteria etc

just a mental sub conscious thing that customers are attracted to

We kind of market the service as very high powered equipment that doesnt rely on strong chems, because water temps and suction are so high we can use the safest cleaning solutions. Basically tell them that our solutions wouldnt clean much at all without the power of the equipment

not my best but just 2 that came to mind
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:32 pm

So I do a lot of rentals for LL and PMs. I let them know that im here to  meet their dead line. If its 1 or 10. I will knock it out and get it ready. BUT I charge a good price to take care of them.
Last fall I dropped 6 units because the owner complained I was $25 more. They had to find a CC at them last minute(end of month). Real crappy fiber and a pita.
The other day I drop off an invoice and ask" so what have I been charging for these units?" $119 or $129? She says" 129 sounds OK." It  had been 109.  This one has never in 14 years questioned my price.
So why do they use me? I take care of them. I have built that relationship of trust.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:49 pm

My best will surprise you and one that I mastered a long time ago as a Private facing marriage and starting a family.......I play the sympathy card.

You would be surprised how many people will try and find you more work when they think you are struggling. I make it a point to always get to know my customers up front and in the conversation I will disclose that this is a second job and how it might close tomorrow due to slow business.

Many and I mean many will ask me to clean additional items and even try and get me another job cleaning for the neighbors or even for their adult siblings once they get to talking with me.

Truth is, it isn't a ploy as much as it is the truth much of the time, but once they start to see you as somebody they would invite to dinner, they stop being defensive about you being the "salesman".

I even used this technique working in the Prison. I was assigned to the gang unit for 4 months on swing shift and many of the officers were being assaulted or urinated on nightly. I told all the inmates the first day that I was only working the job due to a third divorce and having all of my money garnished.

I hammed it up every night walking around like I was depressed and exhausted. It got to the point where I had convicted violent offenders offering me their food and promising to alert me when my supervisor was approaching so that I could get some sleep on the job....and they meant it.

For 4 months, I was known as "Alimony" and you could have heard a pin drop on my shift. The Warden never could figure out how I kept things so quiet. Cool

I feel very strongly that the difference between you and your competition is never the truck or chemistry, it is YOU. The first thing out of your truck needs to be YOU and your personality will dictate if you succeed or die in a service industry.

That is my best weapon....
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:04 pm

You conned the conman Rob. Its all psychological right?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:06 pm

Well, when you are out-numbered and only carrying a radio, keys, and handcuffs....you better come up with something.

I always felt that I had a better chance at out-thinking a convict than fighting one.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:07 pm

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:So I do a lot of rentals for LL and PMs. I let them know that im here to  meet their dead line. If its 1 or 10. I will knock it out and get it ready. BUT I charge a good price to take care of them.
Last fall I dropped 6 units because the owner complained I was $25 more. They had to find a CC at them last minute(end of month). Real crappy fiber and a pita.
The other day I drop off an invoice and ask" so what have I been charging for these units?" $119 or $129? She says" 129 sounds OK." It  had been 109.  This one has never in 14 years questioned my price.
So why do they use me? I take care of them. I have built that relationship of trust.

That's one the best parts of being your own boss. You make the rules and you do business with who you want to do business with
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:09 pm

Working with inmates has to be one of the toughest jobs out there.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:35 pm

It really was because you had to wear so many hats. Some days you are a teacher, a father, a coach, a cop, etc. You really had to have the ability to adapt.

At least it was interesting work, never a dull moment back then.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:57 pm

Just what I thought....not everyone will share the biggest secret they have....thats why you only got ONE little one from me.....you guys are tight!

Snap out of it
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:35 am

Tight for good reason, we don't want to let our secrets out to our competitors right?

That's why I told you mine via text/phone call. wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:31 am

Like I told my students when I was teaching martial arts. Always remember I tought you everything you know not everything I know. Some tips and tricks are learned overtime with trial and error.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:33 am

Rob and Matt thats some good stuff.

Ace...I know, and didnt really expect much on the forum.

Davey shared one with me and it was really good....I was with hopes of learning a couple more of that caliber.

I never try to get the customer to do anything they really dont want to do....but at times I know they really want or need something done and if it feels sales"ish" they will run. An example is with this lady who said the moment I walked in the door...I ONLY want this and this cleaned...How much? Gave price and she said do it and nothing more.....she was defensive and had a terrible pet urine problem I could have easily addressed.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:25 am

You surely have some tidbit....maybe dont give the BIG secret, but rather something pretty good to offer?.....anymore givers in here?
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:48 pm

Ill give you guys a big one, that is if you dont mind doing pet treatments... aka yellow gold

My competitors are not on here so it really doesnt matter to me.

Make some really nice pet treatment brochures, tri fold etc. Highlight your process of anti-bac, sterilization, deodorization, ultra high water temps flushing out contaminants..... what ever you usually like to call it

I have 3 levels of service on mine, topical with antibac, deodorizing, stain removal
sub surface flushing with same as #1 (water clawing)
and then sub floor bio wash, sealing, pad replacement, and carpet treated with same as #1, #2 but from both sides

Then make another brochure strictly for flea treatments and how you can kill fleas, their eggs etc better than any other method with your equipment... highlight that if they are getting their pets treated with flea service from vet that this is a knock out combo word it however you like

Then take these brochures and hit all the vet clinics in your area, bring your nice equipment all shined up, explain the green safe products you use.. and even offer to clean some of their carpets to show a demo

The vets love this, and many times youll be able to leave a brochure display full of them right on or near the front counter.

I will tell you this is one of my best. These places are full of pet owners and sick pets, and you can charge well for any of these services because at that point your a specialty service and not just a carpet cleaner

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:50 pm

sry cant seem to rotate for some reason

Mo Edit:

Cojones or No Cojones! Pet110

Cojones or No Cojones! IMG_2373_zpsbuu4jfzh
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Nice AC....this is what I was looking for....You have Cojones! lol This is classy and very well put together. I currently have cards and brochures at vets but not specific to fleas!....funny thing is, thats why I go....I go buy my dogs med and flea stuff and dont even mention it....I hate fleas.

Gave you a rep point! You guys are doing good....everybody hug and take a deep breathe! I mean punch the guy next to you and drink your beer!

coctail
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:50 pm

thanks Mo, I can rotate every other pic in photobucket or windows but that one was gliched for some reason.

Vets are goldmines for steam cleaners, a quality flea treatment service you can charge good money for
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:11 pm

No problem AC thanks for sharing man. Looks like you got some rep point for that one

All I know is lounge members have cojones
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:10 pm

That is a sweet tri-fold....vets huh? I just happen to have one move next door to me less than a week ago.

I think you just put a light bulb over my head. Knocked the halo off, but so be it. Laughing
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:09 pm

Not that I don't want to share anything, I just don't sell much anymore lately, my Yelp reviews kinda taking over my selling job, if there's one thing people told me once in a while why they picked me, it's just the way I explain things over the phone, I hardly promise anything over the phone but I usually tell them if I can't remove anything, most likely no one can Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:32 pm

Sounds similar to what I tell my customers., but backwards.... banan rocking

And that is, "if it will come out, I will get it out".

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:41 am

I tell them if DP or Davey have been there then they are really going to see a pro when I get there!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:32 am

Its not DP and Davey its cheech y chong Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum