Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Tried the EDDM route.

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tried the EDDM route. Empty Tried the EDDM route.

Post by Devon07 Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:49 pm

Today I sent out 2470 cards to potential customers, I let it get the better of me, Ive done well with direct mail in the past and wanted to play with the EDDM.....its more of a marketing addiction I have that prompted me. Either way it will have a branding benefit in my smaller area. Im trying a small amout to see what happens...I selected areas that I seem to frequent anyway.Im happy with the branding alone so not much to lose....thats something most guys will forget when they weigh in return....saying they made little or broke even. While at the post office dropping them off, they let them sit on the counter for a while I assume because a police officer called me and said he was dropping of some mail and seen one of my mailouts taped to the outside of a box....he asked if I had a special....I said, I always have a special for officers! booked one and they havent left the DOCK yet. lol Branding! It wont take but 4 jobs to pay for the whole thing.

Oh! was it wrong of me to send them to my competitors? lol
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Tried the EDDM route. Empty Re: Tried the EDDM route.

Post by Mo Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:49 am

Nice. Just do another two mailings to the same area and hopefully you'll get a nice holiday rush.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:00 am

True Mo. I think I will do above average with these because my area is not used to getting junk mail like most areas....we get it! just not like many bigger areas.....our big junk mail day is Wednesday and in the news paper only.....rarely do we get junk mail. So, I suspect a slightly better return than what a normal mailout would be.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:02 am

This is why I also tested such a small run....its only 3 routes and pretty good areas.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:16 am

Another big factor in weighing the return is the value of repeat business secured through those mailings.

If were to get a 1% response rate with that first mailing I would make it a bigger run in that area the second time.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:00 pm

Years ago I did large post card mailers(me only).
Sent out 1000/week. (12,000 total) got 2-3 job/week.
Did a 2nd time, only sent 1500/week. Got 3-5 per week.
Had my printer take car of everything.
Cost about $2k per / 12,000
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:04 pm

That was a pretty good return Matt.

Not sure if EDDM was available when you did that last. But now you would pay about .15 per piece with EDDM couple that with Vista Print post cards and it could be vert cost effective.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:23 pm

I sent them yesterday and did my own hood as one of the routes...got my postcard in todays mail. lol

no call yet! lol

Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:32 pm

Good timing they landed on Thursday and not the usual junk day.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:36 pm

True
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:32 pm

I hear phone calls for you this weekend D.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:09 pm

They went out Friday...as of today I landed 5 jobs (one gave a $65 tip) 4 are scheduled and one may be worth the whole deal....A huge company wants a quote for the offices to be done quarterly....not sure of square footage but when I looked them up on line...thay are big!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:03 pm

Awesome!! 5 closed the first day it hit the mailbox that's pretty good. How many calls did you get? Or did you have 100% close to response ratio?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:41 pm

Did you put a price on it?

Would you mind sharing what you sent out?....
I'm just curious.
If you did have a 100% booked appt., and you have no price on there, then it's time to raise the price. wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:02 pm

Wow, impressive D !!
I don't think I ever got 5 jobs in the first 2 days of EDDM, I would follow Mo's advice on hitting the same area a couple more times and you'll have to buy a 2nd van before Christmas laughing
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:15 pm

I have holiday cards ordered. I will do a bigger mailout x2 The card does have prices...they are basically coupons, but dont "really" discount much...I have a rate I charge for now and will increase it to where I want to be within the next couple months. The regular rate I charge now is what my coupon offers.....it says, for instance only$179 Reg$220 ....the $220 reflects my real price in a couple months....Im basically new again so im getting in the game so to speak. I did book 100% BUT the coupons really were a blessing because one guy chose a couponfor the whole house based on so many SqFt and then said traffic only except for a couple things....so, SqFt will drop dramatically....and he said the price was good. So, I will get more per sqft then coupon.

Two of the jobs dont have offered coupons but say what my services are and thats what they called for. The coupon creates excitement.....they almost always have something that doesnt fit the coupon....so its just a regular call.

One lady ignored the coupon and said PLEASE do it today before 6pm... I did,  it was small....she gave what I wanted plus a $65 tip.

Here is the kicker!....every single job has been almost within walking distance from my home, except the commercial job.

DP...I was kind of surprised....until today. I was kind of expecting weekend calls...I know its the weekend and not many would call but at least one or two maybe. It will be interesting to see what next week does. I have more work than I want next week. LOL

Last edited by Devon07 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:23 pm

The price above reflects the price I "want" to get per foot....the discount reflects the general rate around here now. I have coupon+coupon discounts on this....meaning if they use a coupon they can add one of the other coupons for a recliner or scotchguard etc for a really good deal....I like to get a minimum usually (we dont always do that) but when I clean and I leave with a $300 ticket minimum...thats good for me with two maybe three in a day. Days like this arent always there BUT better days are at times too....like the $1000 job I closed recently....with plenty of time to do two more in the same day IF it presents itself.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:30 pm

I like it Peace
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:03 pm

My real focus is branding right now...I want my name heard...the other day a guy told me...I heard you were back in....its getting there.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:17 am

Hows it going, Scott?.........gotten a lot more calls/jobs?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:23 am

Davey Cracker wrote:Hows it going, Scott?.........gotten a lot more calls/jobs?
Ahh man I was going to ask that question but on Friday
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Okay....let me get this straight! calls are still coming in today. Ive gotten 11 jobs, five are done....I got one commercial account....I got a call for a water damage (small) and I got a call regarding bed bugs I passed on (not my thing) the spend was roughly $700 and as of today I had a return of $1870. I have some other jobs scheduled and will probably get a couple more before it fizzles out. I would be happy to hit $3k mark mainly because I know a little branding is happening and I get paid for the branding with some work. I have two calls im not counting because one started the conversation and then had an emergency and said she would call me back, the other said he needed to go get measurments of his rental for me. So over all. Im happy with it. Anything over $3k will be pretty good.(assuming I hit it...betting I will! In my future ads I will not use pricing....I know not to but wanted to get some work...price helps get the call....sometimes a bargain shopper though. I prefer the card with services and info...call to action etc.

I did get a couple calls that were not using a coupon!...they wanted the service I mentioned like water damage, pet odor problem.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Next week is booked solid...I have an estimate tomorrow because Im getting the calls and I need the money lol...Mo made me realize how quick things are headed my way....so, im bucking down. Since the pace has picked up I played with pricing a bit and they havent flinched.....they want service. Phones were crazy today.....I had 27 calls since I sent the eddm out and I only missed two....one, I was literally in the dental chair getting a cleaning and the phone went of...I muted it....did this 3 times in 6 minutes....the second I was done I called and no answer, so, I left a message.....never got a reply back and when I called her this morning she answered and said she handled it already and was rude....lol (who needs that) I dodged a bullet....funny thing is, I dont know who she got after 5pm lastnight and 8am exactly this morning when I called.

The other one wanted some wood floors done and some carpet...he said after he found someone to do the wood he would have me out??? not real confident.

The rest have all been booked....most were phone booked with little talk of price....several I went to the location (remember they are close?) If I can show the whites of my eyes, I can close a deal. So, I went well over what I expected on return...Im going to have eddm cards sitting here for when and if it slows.

When I feel like I got my full BANG out of this mailout I will be transparent and fill you in. Im keeping it all logged pretty good...I seperated some calls that were from Facebook or referals....plus one from an ad I put in the news paper a while back someone found. lol
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:54 am

Wow if its going that good maybe you shouldn't increase the list. Great timing though Devon. Do another mailing to the same list October1st , November 1st and December 1st and ride that wave into the slow season.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:45 am

Im going to do that Mo. My plan is close...Im going to mail to another area similar to the first amount (2500) then rotate doing a monthly mailout to maybey 6 or 7 routes hand picked. Wink if it gets to busy I can not do a month and pic it back up the following or whatever. I dont recal having much of a slow winter here ....but I do water damages so it may offset.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next