Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Best time to change blower and pump oil

+3
ACE Services
milspec6
GBCC
7 posters

Go down

Best time to change blower and pump oil Empty Best time to change blower and pump oil

Post by GBCC Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:59 am

Is it better to change all fluids in the fall or wait till spring? Machine won't be used much over the winter. Does it really matter?
GBCC
GBCC

http://Greatbaycarpetcare.com

Back to top Go down

Best time to change blower and pump oil Empty Re: Best time to change blower and pump oil

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:10 am

I prefer to do both. Fresh change going into the fall and again coming into Spring.

Even if the machine isn't used much during the winter, it will collect moisture and other contaminants so you should change it again coming out of the winter.

If you don't change the oil before the fall, the water build up in the oil can cause more stress when rotating until the heat cooks it out.

Is it a big deal? Might be splitting hairs a little, but I think it does matter and worth the money to change the oil.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Best time to change blower and pump oil Empty Re: Best time to change blower and pump oil

Post by ACE Services Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Every 500 hrs or twice a year. Fall and spring work for a regular schedule.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by GBCC Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:54 pm

Ok good advice. I just finished changing the oils and I was surprised how dirty the blower oil was. I didn't know it should be clear till I opened the bottle up. If I had to guess I would say it had never been changed as the vent and level bolts didn't have a scratch on them. Easy enough job though so I'll go with the twice a year plan.
GBCC
GBCC

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:40 pm

I always go with the hours ( 500 hours for pump and 1000 hours for blower ), I didn't know that they need to be changed twice a year, I used synthetic blower oil, does that change anything in terms of twice a year oil change ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:13 pm

coming up on a blower oil change for the TNT, any tips? wasnt too hard before but whats your favorite oil and your process for changing it out?
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:30 pm

Aeon PD is a good blower oil. And yes you can run the blower longer between changes, but a minimum of twice a year is cheap insurance for a blower. Just changed a blower on a Everest. With a discount still cost 3,700.00 plus shipping and labor. Your choice 3,700.00 or 25.00 qt of oil which on most blowers is two oil changes.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by GBCC Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:07 pm

Yea Ace, I was surprised it didn't even take a half a quart. I was worried I wouldn't have enough, but now I'm good for the spring too. The white magic has drain valves on blower so I just open valve till it stopped draining, opened the vent cap and the lower hole on the side. Filled till it started coming the lower side port, put them back in and done. I heard of people using everything from mobile 1 or straight 50 wt. I actually bought the roots dresser 220 oil online. Expensive but hopefully worth it.
GBCC
GBCC

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:25 pm

roots says on their site to never use regular motor oil

I think ill grab the Aeon PD or just some roots brand
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:57 pm

On the older blowers, regular dino is okay. My butler is a '99 and the manual lists it as being acceptable to use non-detergent single weight oil.

That being said, you are still better off using the synthetic oils made for blowers since it doesn't take much oil and that is an expensive part of the machine.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:09 pm

I have have ran into a issue with the PC Everest blower. If you check spec sheet on the garner denver ti408 trilob blower it should be using Aeon PD Xd oil but ILS and sunbelt don't show a listing for the XD extreme duty oil. Just a little info for you Everest owners. Plus how many of you Everest owners are using the right oil per the manufacturer's manual. 20w50 for the Nissan engine.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:48 am

Im bad I haven't changed my bower in a year and a half
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:23 am

Geez Mo, I hope it keeps bowing for you without breaking down. Laughing
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:50 pm

I have to knock on some wood now thanks a lot. Oil changes on tap for this weekend
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GBCC Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:29 pm

My manual says 500 hours for blower change . But my problem is I don't think the machine was properly cared for. Your Probably in better shape then I am even after just changing mine.
GBCC
GBCC

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:08 pm

ACE Services wrote:I have have ran into a issue with the PC Everest blower. If you check spec sheet on the garner denver ti408 trilob blower it should be using Aeon PD Xd oil but ILS and sunbelt don't show a listing for the XD extreme duty oil. Just a little info for you Everest owners. Plus how many of you Everest owners are using the right oil per the manufacturer's manual. 20w50 for the Nissan engine.

Oh crap, now you tell me Ed, lol, I've been using 10w30 Mobil 1 full synthetic for my Nissan engine for many years, I'm afraid if I change now it's going to shock the motor and cause problems ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:48 am

Know what you mean. This change came out several years ago retro active even for the performer 405 so I think the key is the synthetic oil, because of the heat resistance. If you have a lot of hrs think about 10w40. Main thing is did you look at the blower oil recommended for the trilob blower.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:35 pm

What's considered a "lot" of hours Ed ? Over 5000 ?
I've changed the blower oil once last year, I used the synthetic aeon pd blower oil, it takes almost a quart I think ?
It sucks to change mine cause I can't reach the drain plug the way it was mounted, I have to use a sucker to suck the old oil out.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:07 pm

I use Royal Purple Synthetic for the blower. Nothing better.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down