Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

TI Challenger Swivel Wand !!

+2
ACpower1
dp1
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

TI Challenger Swivel Wand !! - Page 3 Empty Re: TI Challenger Swivel Wand !!

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:05 pm

I will check it out.

It wouldn't be fair of me to say I don't like it without at least seeing or trying it.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:00 pm

I broke out my old Bentley wand tonight and put it back into service after a 3 year absence. You know what I found? It made a pretty good commercial wand...far better than residential which is what I used it for originally.

I blocked off the outer 2 jets and installed a wider fan on the interior jets in order to reach the width of the head. Now, it didn't have that horrible over-spray issue and actually put greater heat to the carpet.

I also realized that I really like the carbon fiber after all because it never transferred the heat to my hand. I was pushing 200 degree water and the tube never changed temperature. With a few light burns from the night before, this was a welcome benefit.

I think I will keep experimenting with this wand......I also think that there is a place for a swivel wand after-all. Maybe the loaner isn't a bad idea.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:17 pm

So thats why you never get rid of stuff Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:06 am

I think there might be a way to replace the manifold from the side hole on the vac head ( the one where I had the nut installed ). I will make sure and check this when I have the time.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:14 pm

I would think so, DP. I'd assume that the manifold was installed, and could be removed from the side hole in the head, but would have to look at it to be sure.

Either way, just like Rob, I'm not much of a fan of that concealed manifold, but once I see it, I think I'll be able to tell if it's cool or not.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:38 pm

Mo wrote:So thats why you never get rid of stuff Very Happy

Sometimes walking through the garage is like a time capsule. In this case, it paid off. Razz
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:39 pm

after reading a lot and considering about 4 different wands,     the new mytee bentley is going to be my next wand for sure.  

They did away with the carbon fiber so its much more durable,   the new manifold design looks like a huge improvement over the old one,     the clear site window is huge... much bigger than any other wand Ive seen,   the new swivel looks a lot better than the old one,   stainless glide will bite just a bit more but still glide well which I do prefer a little bit of bite..     and Ive always really liked the head of the bentleys with the low profile.

Ive read 2 reviews from cleaners that say it has zero overspray due to the new splash guards     

TI Challenger Swivel Wand !! - Page 3 Mytee_8314TGlide

TI Challenger Swivel Wand !! - Page 3 BentIISide
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:41 pm

Well, they definitely solved the bad manifold problem...not sure if plastic side shields are the best option, but if it works and is durable enough, cool.

The carbon fiber was a little heavy, so I would call the new design an improvement there as well.

The only thing I really don't like is the SS glide. I have never seen one that didn't snag carpet fibers at some point damaging carpets. It might not at first, but all it will take is the slightest dent in there and you are screwed.

Still, I am re-born on the swivel heads for commercial. I have a large retail store to clean Sunday night and being able to steer around the clothing racks instead of moving them around will be a huge time saver.

They do have a place....
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:20 pm

if this is the same wand I saw at the expo, I have to warn you that the swivel is very loose, not sure if it can be adjusted ? It's very floppy.
I don't like heavy wands, with my massive vacuum, I need my wand to be as light as possible, that's why comparing the weight between the pmf ti and the challenger is already day and night in terms of the weight.
I agree with Rob on the stainless steel glide, I have a bad habit of resting the corner of the wand vac slot down as I'm turning the machine off, that will scratch the ss glide in no time, especially when you're cleaning a 50 grand oriental rugs, you don't want to pull the fibers out or you will be out 10 grand to have it repaired professionally.
I like the solution line that goes straight to the manifold and I also like the manifold and the flap guard.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:52 pm

No way would I ever go back to using a SS so called "glide"lol again, they scratch and chip the hell out of almost every hard surface they touch, so I'm done with that.  Why don't they be honest and call it what it is, a SS head, just like we all had before glides came along.

Well, because it's another cost cutting Mytee product, is why!! laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:39 pm

mytee has some really cheap crap but also some nice well made stuff.

Their portables are pretty good, mytee speedster was always a good one back in the day. Their floor machines are pretty well made.

but other cheaper items are just chinese crap plastic

I think I read you can put a normal glide on if you want one.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:33 pm

I've really never seen anything from mytee I'd call well made, but I haven't seen the portables or floor machines you're talking about either.

I'm sure their floor machines are made by a major manufacture, with the mytee badging slapped on it, so I can see that being ok..

But I think it's when they try to have their own ideas, or whatever/where ever they steal them from lol, manufactured in China, is where things get iffy.............not that China can't put out quality, they can, but I just don't see that mytee is paying for that Quality. It seems they're just going with the cheapest manufacturing vendor, to probably increases profits over putting out a quality product.

I'm I wrong?.......I was once before, 28 million times. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:01 pm

The Mytee floor machine is actually a pretty good, I will vouch for that one. As for the China connection, they build anything to the specs of the buyer. If Mytee wants quality, they can build it. If Mytee wants cheap, they can sure do that as well.

The region really isn't the key factor any more. A ton of guitars come out of Korea these days for many brands, often built side by side to the premiere brands. The difference is in the specs supplied and the quality control measures accepted by the company which commissioned the work.

With this wand, why choose what looks to be plastic wings to control over-spray? Why not shape the head to form that contour out of SS in the first place? To place a teflon glide over their vac shoe, would just create a place for debris to get stuck and shut off vac flow since it is not an open slot....not a good compromise.

I am starting to warm up to my carbon fiber bentley relic, but I wish they would have gone with open vac, lip glides, and a fully formed head for the new wand.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:49 pm

I do believe you're right, Rob. Quality stuff can be built in China, and like you said proper supplied specs are needed,but I also believe good materials and craftsmanship are needed too..........and I think that may be really up to how much is willing to be spent for quality manufacturing?............if they're going with the cheapest vendor, it's unlikely it's going to be a quality made product.

My first thought on the side wings made me think lol, if the wand had the proper angle jets, that were correctly placed then there wouldn't be a need for wings?

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:54 pm

It is the funnel shape of the bentley head that causes the over-spray issue. That design provides great lift, but sprays way too much water off the side of the wand...splashes onto everything. Maybe they could angle the manifold like a gentle smile or else fewer jets??

It is disappointing really. That head design provides excellent lift and recovery plus it fits under everything. All it needs is a better manifold design, open vac slot, and a good glide to be a hero. It just never seems to get there for me.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:17 pm

I'm still playing with this wand ( TI challenger ) and today I realized that when cleaning the corners ( behind doors ) I usually lift one side of the wand to spray the farthest corner, because it's swivel, it won't raise one side, I have to pick the whole wand up, now to be fair this is a problem that all swivel wands will have.
The water recovery on this challenger is VERY good, partly because the head is a replica of prochem's wand head, it's better than my pmf titanium, I doubt the mytee Bentley will beat this wand in terms of the recovery.
I would have to disagree with Rob in the bentley's plastic flap, I actually really like that design because it will minimize scratches ( I might change my mind if I see the wand in person, lol ) but I agree with Dave, if the jet size is the right size, it shouldn't have over sprays, however that flap design intrigues me.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:53 pm

Scratches are a good point, I can see that one. Still would rather have a better head design on the ends.

On commercial carpet, I wouldn't care about over-spray nor about scratching the walls with the wand. That is probably why I will be using the old Bentley Sunday night in the store.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:05 pm

Tony said that he's going to make a pin lock for the challenger to lock the swivel when not in need, I think that's a great idea, can't wait to see how it performs.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:41 pm

A pin lock is a very good idea.....and would be the only swivel out there that did that I know of.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:05 pm

Makes no sense to me why every swivel tool, doesn't have a lock.

The first time I used my Gecko hard surface wand, several years ago, I was thinking why can't I lock this thing.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3