Latest topics
» Connection with the largest contractor in my area.
by milspec6 Today at 8:14 pm

» Repeat cust didn't pay !
by milspec6 Today at 8:11 pm

» Another mess
by milspec6 Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:07 pm

» You know it is hot when you turn down jobs
by milspec6 Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:56 pm

» Why I was away
by milspec6 Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:11 pm

» Pressure washer help
by steamprony Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 pm

» that's a 1st, ugh!
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:20 pm

» After a long winter
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:19 pm

» Setting customer expectations.
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 pm

» Adding on work while you are there.....
by Freemind1 Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:36 pm

» Happy Father's day !
by Mo Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:03 pm

» Hi From Scotland
by milspec6 Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:25 pm

» Thought on my pricing.
by Freemind1 Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:43 pm

» any fishermen?
by Freemind1 Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:52 am

» Urine Stain Charges
by milspec6 Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:27 am

some peoples cats are just plain disgusting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

some peoples cats are just plain disgusting

Post by ACpower1 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:37 pm

Did a house the other day and it wasnt a major urine situation but just in general really gross.    

There was kitty litter all over the kitchen countertops,    the bathroom floors,     the furniture,  etc
Im cleaning 3 couches that are all thrashed from the cats scratching and under the seat cushions..     tons of kitty litter.      Kind of wondering why this guy is spending $400 on the cleaning when his house is such a mess.       Why wouldnt you just call a house cleaning service and spend $400,   then worry about carpets/upholstery.  

This guy had litter granules all over his damn house,    almost everywhere you look.    Litter boxes of course had it spilled everywhere,  all over the floor around them.  

One reason why I cant stand it when someones cat scratches me,     their nails are so full of bacteria and poop etc and it embeds in your skin...    which is where cat scratch fever comes from.    

Some chinese people we work for occasionally are very against ever having animals in their house and from homes like this one you can really see why.        The guys whole house was like a hamster cage.    

Im much more of a dog person but I do like outdoor cats or clean ones. I dont like animals that are hard to monitor like really small dogs or dirty cats.

at least with most dogs its obvious when and where they had an accident, also easy to train... some cats are just spreading bacteria all over the house and you dont even know it
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Re: some peoples cats are just plain disgusting

Post by Mo on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:23 pm

"The guys whole house was like a hamster cage." laughing

If there wasn't cat pee then it's the owner that's a lazy pig. Cat pee is the only bast thing we deal with in the biz that makes me nauseous,

My daughter and wife want a cat but dealing with dog hair is bad enough
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:41 pm

Despite growing up with cats in the house, I am now very allergic to them. When I walk into a cat home, my head will start to itch immediately and then the eyes water, sneezing, etc. soon follows.

I try very hard to avoid cleaning for cat owners as a result. There are a LOT of them in this area, but the urine and allergy reaction are things that I have little tolerance for these days.

I used to pop some benedryl before cleaning those homes, but now that I have developed glaucoma, those kind of pills are not allowed.

Next time, just tell the customer that you are married and not allowed to visit a "cat house". Razz
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:47 am

LOL, I have a customer that top my list of nastiest home, baseboards swelling from cat's pissing on them all the time, it's very good money but sometimes I'm thinking it's not good enough considering the health risks, I'm thinking a few more years from now I would have to delegate those jobs to my younger techs instead of dealing with them myself.
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum