Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Bad luck with blower continues .....

+2
ACE Services
dp1
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bad luck with blower continues ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad luck with blower continues .....

Post by milspec6 Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:27 am

That is a good point, mechanical aptitude is not standard issue with everyone, but a little experience makes up for it.

The people on the assembly line building cars often can't get a lawn mower to start, but they have been trained to install that one thing and they can do that well.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Bad luck with blower continues ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad luck with blower continues .....

Post by Mo Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:50 am

You know whats funny about that is that is that DP is always offering to help cleaners out or their families. DP with Dave helping you out you guys can get this done
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:09 pm

Just make sure you post the pictures....oh, and that sticky side of the duct tape goes down. syicky tongue

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:13 pm

Its always hard, the first time.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:26 pm

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:Its always hard, the first time.

Should be hard each time...... Peace
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:14 pm

So after spending about $ 700 in taking the blower out and re sealed the gaskets, used the machine a few times, last night when I was doing the commercial work, set the machine at high settings, worked well until we're done, no problem, this morning when I was getting something from that van, I noticed there are a lot of oil on the ledge in front of the machine and judging from the color, it looks like a blower oil, haven't investigate this further but it seems like my bad luck with blower for this machine is not over just yet.
I think I might have to fork the $ 3500 for a new blower if it's still leaking after 2 repairs being done, I can't keep spending $ 700 every time it leaks.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:32 pm

My guess is that the cover is warped. It will seal fine and operate fine until it gets hot and then the cover will twist breaking the seal.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the blower itself, so don't throw away your money by buying a replacement. I would just replace that cover plate and re-seal it.

I would also make sure that the blower is getting a cool down phase before shutting down if you don't already. The temps will spike as they heat sink if shut down without a cool down period.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:35 pm

Try and post some pictures of it and we might get better answers....I am trying to picture the location of the leak.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:13 pm

The last couple of leaks were from the front cover, I just hang up the phone with my mechanic and he said the same thing, he asked me to check the bolts, make sure they are all tight and he suggested to contact Gardner Denver and ask them for a replacement front cover instead of the whole blower, I'm going to check tomorrow and see where it leaks, thanks Bob.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:33 pm

I think you will be money ahead in the end. That was a good deal on that blower.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:07 pm

DP, didn't you have a extra blower sitting in garage?
Or was that someone else?
The poster said, if no one want/needs; gonna eBay it( or something like that.)
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:03 pm

Matt, yes that was me and my blower, the issue with that one was the pins that we're holding the gears were bent, but everything else was working as it should, when I talked to my mechanic earlier, I asked him if we can just take the pins from this blower and put them in the older blower, he said it's certainly possible, or we can put the cover from the older blower into the newer blower, just jimmy rigged the darn thing, too early to tell now, gotta see and make sure if the leak is from the same spot and check the bolts and go from there.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:21 pm

Fingers crossed for you
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:26 pm

Those huge blowers are expensive too. I hope it works out for you DP
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:11 pm

It will work. One of the tricks is to check both the case and the cover with a piece of glass to make sure that both surfaces are completely flat. The edge of glass will work better than any ruler.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:02 am

So I just got a chance to check where the leak is from, I was blown away, it's not from the blower cheers
That was a relief before I started worrying if the leak is from the motor, which is a LOT more expensive, but then I thought it can't be because the oil color is clear, it turns out it was from the water pump, my mechanic had put a drain hose to make oil changes easier because the drain was facing the blower belt which is impossible to reach without taking the whole pump out, these manufacturer just don't learn to make life easier for us cleaners / small businesses *grumble*, anyway so that was it, I haven't investigate further than that, but that was a relief, thanks guys.
Shout out to Eddie too for ALWAYS reaching out to me when I have issues, and all the tips and tricks he shared, thank you very much sir Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:13 am

That's good news DP. Did you receive place the seals in the pump recently
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:09 am

What pump are you running.....it isn't the green oil?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:55 pm

Mo, I replaced the whole pump like 2 years ago or so, I hate bending over too much to let myself do these kind of work ( my pump is located under the fresh water tank and not much room under there to reach 2 of the bolts, I just don't like fixing these kind of things myself, not afraid to get my hands dirty, just hate back pain too much.
Bob, it's general pump and yes the oil color is a little greenish, just couldn't see it well the other evening when I saw the puddles kinda dark already.
I use cat pump oil.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:42 pm

Ya hoooooooooooo
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:11 pm

I would rather rebuild a pump than a blower any day of the week. Glad you figured it out....and saved some coin in the process.

Another victory for the cleaners.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:59 pm

Good to hear. Check out the shaft oil seals. The same advice I gave you on the blower oil will work for the pump Dp.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:18 pm

Well, good news for me, it was just a cracked fittings on the drain lines of my water pump, the good news is it's almost like doing an oil change which is due anyway, lol, the bad news is I forgot to drop the oil off, so I have to refill the oil myself, I want to strangle the r&d guy in Prochem that design the placement of the stupid pump, the glass that shows the oil level was facing the inside of the TM and the pump was under the fresh water tank, the other side of the pump next to the oil level glass is a big black cylinder box under the blower, I would have to create some kind of "rear view mirror" to see the glass when I refill the oil with a super bright flashlight laying down facing the freaking glass, I'm so pissed off, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:15 pm

You just need a good mirror inspection kit Dp.  I have a kit from "General" that provides you with a telescoping arm, internal light, and various mirror attachments.  I use it for building inspections when dealing with mold...not sure if they still make them, but it has been a great tool kit for hard to reach spaces.

Bad luck with blower continues ..... - Page 2 Mirror10

Bad luck with blower continues ..... - Page 2 Genera10
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2