» Repeat cust didn't pay !
by milspec6 Yesterday at 8:31 pm

» What's a fair price for this ?
by milspec6 Yesterday at 8:25 pm

» humble pie
by milspec6 Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Before & after pics in your ads.
by dp1 Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:36 pm

» Connection with the largest contractor in my area.
by Freemind1 Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:23 pm

» Another mess
by milspec6 Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:07 pm

» You know it is hot when you turn down jobs
by milspec6 Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:56 pm

» Why I was away
by milspec6 Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:11 pm

» Pressure washer help
by steamprony Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 pm

» that's a 1st, ugh!
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:20 pm

» After a long winter
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:19 pm

» Setting customer expectations.
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 pm

» Adding on work while you are there.....
by Freemind1 Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:36 pm

» Happy Father's day !
by Mo Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:03 pm

Dodged myself out of this one !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dodged myself out of this one !

Post by dp1 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:33 am

This lady called, do you clean auto interior ? I said yes ma'am, she said I have these bugs that bites me when I'm driving, I said what kind of bugs, she said, not sure, can't see them, I was like "crap", told her she should call pest control first and then we come and clean it for you, she insisted for us to clean it, I told her that the cleaning isn't going to solve her problems, we can kill some with the steam but some are still going to survive and keep breeding, she said Termini wouldn't spray anything due to toxicity, I told her to call my pest control guy, she said, you don't want to do this job, do you ? Lol.
I told her I do but not if I can't help you fix the problem for good, she said okay, I called my pest control and he said it sounds like some kind of mites, he can't guarantee 100%, I told him, please call her, lol.

I'm super scared when it comes to bed bugs, mites, anything small that you can't see very well, once they latch on to you, you're doomed !
dp1

Back to top Go down

Re: Dodged myself out of this one !

Post by milspec6 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:56 am

Auto interior?

This is interesting and a good topic. Pest control can't spray auto interiors as their State License is for usage in the home only. There is no license for auto interiors and thus no insurance protection. My guess is that the toxicity claim was just him trying to escape the situation.

You don't really get notorious mites or bedbugs in a car as the feeding habits don't really support the situation. Maybe fleas, but even then the feeding habits don't really support it unless she was a cab driver and in the car a lot or drive with pets.

Aphids maybe?? She probably parks her car with the windows open and has some landscaping / flower beds near by.

You could shock the interior with ozone and likely eliminated the problem, then just cleaned as normal. Since she couldn't find an exterminator, she would probably have paid a premium for the help.

If I didn't have other jobs rolling in, I would have taken a job like that, but you are too busy to take on jobs like that and made the right decision.
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm

Run a hose from the exhaust for 24 hrs. With the car running of course. The heat should.......

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:45 pm

@Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:Run a hose from the exhaust for 24 hrs. With the car running of course. The heat should.......

This right here deserves a "thanks" and a rep point laughing
Kill them bastards, lol.
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:30 pm

@Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:Run a hose from the exhaust for 24 hrs. With the car running of course. The heat should.......

Haha, I was thinking almost the same thing before I read your post............but I was thinking route tail pipe into car and kill them with carbon monoxide, you know like people do to commit suicide. Surprised

I've had calls kinda like this before, DP but for bug problems in homes though.........and I think what's usually happening, in my cases at least, they get a price from an exterminator and are too cheap to pay it, so then they call looking for a less expensive solution by just cleaning.

I always run from them too, so I can't blame you. laughing

Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:58 am

Kind of makes you wonder how many places we've cleaned that have critters and they just dont mention it
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:15 pm

@Davey Cracker wrote:

Haha, I was thinking almost the same thing before I read your post............but I was thinking route tail pipe into car and kill them with carbon monoxide, you know like people do to commit suicide. Surprised

I've had calls kinda like this before, DP  but for bug problems in homes though.........and I think what's usually happening, in my cases at least, they get a price from an exterminator and are too cheap to pay it, so then they call looking for a less expensive solution by just cleaning.

I always run from them too, so I can't blame you. laughing
That's what I meant. Just didn't type it that way. Was expecting the computer to put up the way I was thinking it. Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:17 pm

@Mo wrote:Kind of makes you wonder how many places we've cleaned that have critters and they just dont mention it
Realty DONT want to think about that. (Shivers)

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:24 pm

@Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:
@Mo wrote:Kind of makes you wonder how many places we've cleaned that have critters and they just dont mention it
Realty DONT want to think about that. (Shivers)

Or how well are those rental machines are cleaned.....a good part of your customer education topics.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:46 pm

bed bugs = run for us.     I got a call just the other day, sofa with bed bugs.. I said call pest control.

I ve already told u guys the story about someone I know that had a major outbreak.. those things are so gross.  

and yes I bash rug doctors hard with the sanitary explanations.    "you can rent a machine but when we turn down a job because its so disgusting,   guess whos going to the store to rent one."    

then one mention of urine house,  bed bugs,   MRSA,   or even just fleas...     theyll never rent a rug D again lol
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:19 pm

@ACpower1 wrote:bed bugs = run for us.     I got a call just the other day,    sofa with bed bugs..   I said call pest control.      

I ve already told u guys the story about someone I know that had a major outbreak..    those things are so gross.       

and yes I bash rug doctors hard with the sanitary explanations.    "you can rent a machine but when we turn down a job because its so disgusting,   guess whos going to the store to rent one."    

then one mention of urine house,  bed bugs,   MRSA,   or even just fleas...     theyll never rent a rug D again lol

+1...well said.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Mon May 02, 2016 9:49 pm

My pest control guy went there and use some tools to try to locate the suckers, can't find anything, but he said there is a strong smell of lysol, so he thinks the lady has a allergic reaction from chemicals she used to clean ( apparently not just lysol ), lol.
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Mon May 02, 2016 9:57 pm

Chemical reactions can act like that. The new formulated "Extreme Clean" does that to me now. Head starts to itch and it feels like something crawling up my neck and ears when I spray the stuff.

It is worth considering.

milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo on Wed May 04, 2016 8:12 am

@milspec6 wrote:Chemical reactions can act like that.  The new formulated "Extreme Clean" does that to me now.  Head starts to itch and it feels like something crawling up my neck and ears when I spray the stuff.

It is worth considering.

Oh crap! I would stop using that immediately Very Happy
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Wed May 04, 2016 11:10 am

I have.....it was a good 8 year run, but no longer.

I am not sure what part is the problem, but thankfully, I don't have that problem with their "Pro-Zyme" product which actually brightened the carpet more anyway.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum