Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Do you think TARGETED postcard campaigns would boost your sales?

+4
ACpower1
Mo
milspec6
Freemind1
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do you think TARGETED postcard campaigns would boost your sales? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you think TARGETED postcard campaigns would boost your sales?

Post by milspec6 Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:37 am

Ten bills per window....nice. Of course this poor boy was okay with paying over $16 each and would have been easier to get a response from than the lakeside rich apparently.

I hope it spreads into lots of work for you to reward your marketing efforts, just don't forget the middle-class in the mix. They can often get you a good return and higher volume.

Then again, it might be that regional difference thing again. Kind of like seeing a crappy house in LA that sells for what a mansion would sell at in the Midwest....location is everything.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Do you think TARGETED postcard campaigns would boost your sales? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you think TARGETED postcard campaigns would boost your sales?

Post by Freemind1 Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:21 am

This AM I have received 3 more calls.

Response rate already is over 1/2 percent, which is where the magic number of EDDM is. I wasn't hoping for 10% response. If I can get 1% or better, I'd be satisfied.

New lake target coming up this week. I am also going to try selling some storefronts. I am willing to build a route per week. So, two routes, done alternately every other week.

We will see if anyone bites on the route work.

Planning a redesign on the cards too. Not that I don't like mine, but want to add something from SendJim. The tag line about already doing work for your neighbors, would you like a quote, line.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:11 am

Well done. Are the storefronts along the same route as the Lake homes? If so, that would make a very nice situation for repeat exposure.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:29 pm

No, stores are in town. Lakes are approximately 15-20 minutes from town. There are enough strip malls and the like, though.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:01 pm

15-20 minutes isn't bad....strip malls nearby are a real winner.

I really like what you have going on there, I am impressed. Taking on a new service like that and making it work takes patience, guts, and smarts.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:44 pm

Congrats James, EDDM can work really well in some area, I used to do them all the time, the problem with LA is it's cutthroat market for carpet cleaning, people won't even read the postcards if they don't see prices listed, and I'm not about to put prices or specials in my ads.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:19 am

Bombed another lake this AM. About 500 cards this time.

Also along the route, were two small subdivisions of McMansions.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:20 am

Good job James way to stay with it
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:18 pm

So if you send out 500 cards; what would be min expectation? To make it worth it? 1 or 2, maybe 3. If those jobs become long term customers.
So you continue to hit specific areas and see 1-2 new jobs. Preaty soon you have a nice core base in that area. So maybe you back off on frequency of mailings, and you pick up a new customer every now and then; but your also reminding your current customers of who 'You' are!. Over time they can/will forget who you are IF you don't keep telling them.
I've had afew recent. Could remember name of biz or anything, except the logo picture on my van.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:33 pm

Not counting the about 1.5 hours turn around and delivery take, there is an expense of about 10 bucks of gas, and 15 bucks or so of postcards.

So yeah. Even ONE client that stays is worth the expense/time to do postcards.

My minimum on the cards is 199 for 20 windows.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:55 am

Do you think TARGETED postcard campaigns would boost your sales? - Page 3 Pc_bac10
Do you think TARGETED postcard campaigns would boost your sales? - Page 3 Pc_fro10

For those who are curious about what my postcards look like.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Nice. Never even thought about screen cleaning
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:05 pm

Mo wrote:Nice. Never even thought about screen cleaning

You are not alone...I didn't think about that either.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:34 pm

There are two commercial made screen cleaning machines on the market.
One by Aztec, the other by IPC Eagle. I like the IPC better, and it runs 400 bucks for it.

Were I to actually wash screens on a regular basis, I would want 5 bucks a screen.

As it is, I use a screen brush to clean them. It would remind you of a bench brush. I charge 2 bucks a screen for just brushing. It tends to add at least 20 bucks to the total. I have to take them out and put them back in anyway. Might as well find a way to upsell to make it worth your while.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:00 pm

What does a screen cleaner look like?

Can you design you own using say an injectidry panel and just flow water through it like a water claw?

I guess $400 isn't bad for a tool...just curious.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:29 pm

http://www.ipceagle.com/products/screen-washer-ii#.V1uhA9T2aM8

Here is the products page. There is a short vid on the site showing it's use.

Basically it is two brushes and a water bar.

I guess you could make one, but sourcing the replaceable brushes could be difficult.

However, time being money, I would just buy one, rather than trying to save a hundred bucks.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:21 am

That is a pretty cleaver design. Not sure why they chose copper piping instead of pvc, but as long as you are not using hard water it shouldn't matter.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:06 am

Probably a very easy up sell you're cleaning their windows already. Im sure they're not going to want remove and replace and clean it themselves if you're already their cleaning their windows and its probably good for the indoor air quality.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:19 am

milspec6 wrote:That is a pretty cleaver design.  Not sure why they chose copper piping instead of pvc, but as long as you are not using hard water it shouldn't matter.

Actually, you are. It just hooks up to a garden hose. No one is hooking it up to our purewater systems.

Copper is more durable than pvc, rolling around in the back of a truck/van.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:48 am

I would disagree on the strength of the copper though. On a stationary system, yes, it is very durable, but moving around...not really. Well, unless it is very thick copper.

PVC would be lighter, cheaper, and be able to handle the bumps and bending stresses found in the back of a van. You are only running about 75-100 psi, so you don't need the burst strength of the copper either.

I'll keep my mouth shut....I really haven't seen one of those cleaners so I am probably off base. It is just an opinion.

I would definitely get one of those cleaning tools though, it looks easy to use and would impress a customer....it did me.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:13 am

While not part of my postcard campaign, I got a lead off my website (google search lead). I just booked her job this AM, after doing the estimate yesterday. Left my card as I did the walk around to estimate the job.

1 The booked job is just leaving a key for me. Odd, but I'm fine with it. They were home yesterday when I did the estimate, so no fear of getting scammed. Also I'm billing her, rather than payment that day. I did NOT want to take CC numbers over the phone that day for payment. I'd rather swipe, then manually enter numbers.

2 Her neighbor is getting my card today from the new booking. She wants her glass cleaned as well, and will soon be another client in my pocketbook. Very Happy

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:37 pm

Sounds like you have this system running well. Maybe I should fly out there this fall and do a ride-along for a couple of days before adding this service.

Might be kind of fun.....we'll talk more this summer.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:55 am

Got a call today, from the first lake I bombed two weeks ago. Apparently they have been holding onto the card.

He says, I don't need an estimate. Just come do the work.

What? I NEED to do an estimate FIRST.

Well why? you'll have time wrapped up and that's a waste.

So then how am I supposed to know the condition, how many windows, type of windows, or even how long this might take me?

Oh, I see your point.

Some people have NO clue what it takes to clean glass, even if they have hired someone in the past. Which, this guy had. His guy won't climb ladders anymore, according to the caller.

I wonder if the ladder was the issue, or just the home owner.

Hopefully these cards ARE being held onto. This guy did, so hopefully a few percent of the delivered cards are pinned to the fridge.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:10 am

All printed advertising has some percentage of land mine quality that just sits there until the right time. I started sending out all my flyers with magnetic business cards for that reason.

Sounds like he have gained some good traction.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:24 am

I needed to step up my marketing. This is working with results I can live with.

Yelp is calling me Monday, but I already know I am NOT sold on ANYTHING that is not performance based. Unless it results in a booked job, then I am not interested in spending money with this or any other type of advertising. Though I have not tried every marketing scheme out there, I'm done with these a**holes wanting my money and not getting a return for it.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next