Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

that's a first

+3
Mo
milspec6
Matt; My carpet cleaner
7 posters

Go down

that's a first Empty that's a first

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue May 17, 2016 8:06 pm

So today I clean a few rooms of carpet with heavy pet urine spots. It was a code 99. As in there was at least 99 urine spots. So I pretreated real heavy with Miracle and it only turned out 50% better. I've usually gotten a lot better results than that. But the customer and I were in agreement that it is what it is. She called me back about an hour later and still said that she was very satisfied with the results. I told her to try spritzing some of those spots with hydrogen peroxide. Told her it could improve them a little bit.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

that's a first Empty Re: that's a first

Post by milspec6 Wed May 18, 2016 5:24 am

As my former boss told me out in Laguna, "You don't always get to be the hero."

Carpets are a lot like your first date.  You can do everything right based on past experiences, but that doesn't mean she will let you kiss her (PG rated adjustment).  The final variable to the equation comes down to the carpet and what it will allow you to do.

The only thing that you can control is the effort and it sounds like you did a good job there, that is why the customer was still pleased even though her hopes were set too high from the start.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed May 18, 2016 6:46 am

She probably lived with those conditions for so long that she was just happy a pro made an attempt to improve things.

I just cleaned a room with cat piss and dried up feces on the carpet. She was surprised that I asked to borrow her vacuum to vac the crap. She too was a happy, I was even surprised I knocked the odor out but it wasn't as extensive yours Matt
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed May 18, 2016 12:52 pm

I was laying in bed last night and I remembered this post and my whole point was, "first time 'Miricle' let me down".

Side note; as I was finishing up I noticed several cans/bottles of Resolve laying around. How does such crappy stuff still get to be probably the #1 customer used $@%#$%#@ spotter??
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed May 18, 2016 2:55 pm

I can't tell you how much I hate that "Resolve" crap. I tell everybody that I meet to avoid that stuff as well.....makes a temporary problem a permanent one.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed May 18, 2016 4:50 pm

I had one that was the same story as you down to a "T"....custy even called later and said she was happy......I got a second call the next day and she was at a new level of happy....sometimes after they dry, they just get even better. I also mention the peroxide when it's really bad like some of these we run into. I've since been back to this job because the dog still had a chance to mess things up and it's still much better now needing a clean then it was the first time I did it.

Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed May 18, 2016 5:38 pm

I think most of the time we have really high expectations of our our self's, abilities and products, so we expect eye pooping results.  When we don't get them, mostly because of what Rob said, basically 'things out of our control', we are disappointed with the results, but  I've noticed it doesn't mean that your typical reasonable customer isn't pleased....
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu May 19, 2016 12:17 pm

Good point Davey.

I once had a customer come into the room so I could show her what the problem was I was having and I was all ready to not get the other rooms she wanted cleaned....it cleaned up but it was one of those you just aren't real happy with.....anyway, she said OMG! that looks wonderful Shocked so, I went with it.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu May 19, 2016 12:51 pm

We are our own harshest critics aren't we?

I find the same thing with guitar playing. I see players screwing up all the time and they get upset over it while the audience had no clue it happened.

I need to remember that as I tend to voice my opinion on the results before they have a chance to comment. I doubt they would have seen that streak or missed spot if I didn't point it out.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun May 22, 2016 12:09 pm

Most of my customer are also happy with some poor results, however there are always some Asians that give me that "look" when I said before the cleaning that these stains are not removable, somehow they expect us to be magicians, I usually tell them nicely that the last thing I want to do is to disappoint them and ask them to call someone else that can clean the carpets to their satisfaction, I also say that if there is any company that gives any guarantee to remove the stains to get them in writing as they will end up in court, most of them will back down a bit and agreed to have the job done and they are usually pretty happy with the result.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by brownieboy Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:17 am

That's a pretty unhealthy way live. I'm glad to here she was satisfied with your best efforts. Even though you weren't able to get the stains out all the way she saw your effort and energy you put in and respected that.

brownieboy

http://www.deltonaflcarpetcleaning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum