Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

New Website coming

+5
novi carpet cleaning
Mo
Freemind1
dp1
milspec6
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Website coming Empty New Website coming

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:58 pm

It has taken awhile, but I should have a new website up by this time next week. I was waiting to get my truck wrapped first so that I could incorporate the design into the site for consistency of the brand, but those a-holes have delayed me for weeks due to getting "busy with other clients". So, I will give up on wrapping the truck for now.

I just hired a firm that creates music videos to help with the website. Nobody reads anything any more, so I decided that having both the text and a video on the site would be the way to go. The text for SEO ranking and the video for the masses that only respond to video.

I have always believed that every cleaner's best tool is his/her personality. If they trust and like you, they will hire you regardless if you showed up with a bucket and brush. What better way to convey your personality than through a meeting or in the case of a website, being introduced in video.

It will only be about a minute or so long, but they want to include a lot of "action shots".....God knows what they have in mind. I am not going to make a Clockwork Orange montage or anything, but simply include a little off-camera interview with field clips. I think it will make a huge impact once launched.

The domain(s) have been secured. The text of the body written. The video team is starting work on it now. Some new uniforms are being ordered. The tools shined up. I am even working on my tan so that I don't look like a snow man on film.

Lots happening......will post the link when it is launched.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

New Website coming Empty Re: New Website coming

Post by dp1 Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Cool, can't wait to see it !
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:14 pm

I am still pissed about the truck wrap thing, but there is only one business that does it around here, so there isn't much I can do about it for now.

After that website hits the net and my door-to-door campaign is finished, I expect to be busier than ever....at least I hope so.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:31 pm

I'll definitely like to look at your new site. Sounds like a good idea.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:32 pm

Ad the water claw video for urine decontamination. That video sells pet jobs. " Ibsaw your video on pet urine decontamination. That what I want. "
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:44 pm

Great suggestion Mo...will definitely add that one.

When it comes to action shots, let's face it, cleaning is not exactly an extreme sport nor Mtn. Dew commercial material. This is what I am looking to run with:

1. Steaming wand
2. Pet urine extraction
3. CRB and Rotary Extractors
4. Airpath drying....the paper towel demonstration
5. Shot of the box truck with all doors open since no signage yet
6. All shot in front of a very expensive estate home.
7. Chippendale Dancers

Okay, so maybe not the last one, but I'll try anything if it works. I might even include a customer testimonial in the video.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:50 am

You know what I always thought the biggest video impact on a website would be? Testimonials from members of your community, People are impressed with written testimonial so I would imagine a video testimonial to have at least twice the impact
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:05 am

milspec6 wrote:Great suggestion Mo...will definitely add that one.

When it comes to action shots, let's face it, cleaning is not exactly an extreme sport nor Mtn. Dew commercial material.  This is what I am looking to run with:

1.  Steaming wand
2.  Pet urine extraction
3.  CRB and Rotary Extractors
4.  Airpath drying....the paper towel demonstration
5.  Shot of the box truck with all doors open since no signage yet
6.  All shot in front of a very expensive estate home.
7.  Chippendale Dancers

Okay, so maybe not the last one, but I'll try anything if it works.  I might even include a customer testimonial in the video.

My two cents:
I would not worry about the truck shot. We are the only ones impressed with equipment. Instead I would show a shot of your cleaning trucks parked near each other to familiarize people with your trucks.

I think one video of your ideas, condensed into shots of 10-15 seconds of each item, in one video would be cool.

I also second Mo's idea of a few video testimonials. Especially if they are people everyone in town knows. I do think though, that testimonials should be separate videos, on a separate page of the website.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:10 am

Here is another idea, taken from another CC......

Tell people about how you clean and sanitize your equipment after a urine decontamination job. Separate yourself from the others in the business.

Make people aware that you CARE and would never drag in tools that have other people's urine and ick, on it.
That point in itself, can make your phone ring.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:56 am

Thanks for the suggestions Freemind....I like it.

I am also including a "triangle" on the page emphasizing the 3 goals in cleaning...Appearance, Health, Longevity of the fabrics. I preach it all the time, but nobody else does in this area. Here they all chase the appearance angle only.

I like the sanitizing step between jobs....time to break out the Hoser tool and impress people with the old wet rags sucked through the vacuum hose trick. Great suggestion there.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:08 pm

What the hell is with this world....like nobody wants to earn their pay anymore.

My website company called me and said that they can get the site up this weekend, but would not be able to produce the video portion for another "week or so".

They were happy to send me the proposal (not cheap at all) for the video portion which is about double what the website was costing me, but they don't seem to be in a hurry to earn it.

First the auto wrap guys and now my graphic artist is apparently too busy for little old carpet cleaning me.  Meanwhile, my phone has been dead for both commercial and residential....of course that can change at any moment.

Just frustrates the hell out of me how many contractors act like they are doing me a favor or something.  It isn't like we are talking about a couple of bucks here either, my last car didn't cost this much.  

I'm going door-to-door tomorrow and have an meeting with the local school district to discuss cleaning 5 school buildings.  It would be a huge contract, but I would like to be going in there with a nicely wrapped truck and dazzling website, but I guess it will just be me instead. Mad
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:44 pm

I said the same thing about suppliers not long ago.

Nobody gives a shi* about producing on their end anymore. They just want your money. They will lie and give you miles of excuses....

Is there anyone else within a day's drive, that can do a wrap? Me, I wouldn't be willing to work with your local guy. Nothing pisses me off more than to be screwed with.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:16 pm

I remember you posting that as well....must be spreading.

There is only one other auto wrap place in this area (about an hour away), but they are actually the same company, just different managers.

It has been a long and stressful day, it actually makes me want to tell all of them to kiss my ass and be done with it.

Hopefully, I will have a different outlook tomorrow. New day right?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:27 pm

Maybe it would be worth your time to talk to the other shop. Maybe they could actually get the work done you want, in a reasonable time.

Myself, I have started asking for timeframes when conducting business. I let it be know I want what was promised in the timeframe they tell me.

Yes, tomorrow is a new day..... To deal with the same problems. Devil Devil

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:38 pm

Hopefully not the same problems. I still hold the checkbook, so I do have some leverage...they must not be hungry right now.

I am getting that damn website up this weekend. As for the video, who knows. Maybe I save myself thousands and dump the video?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Just had a very productive meeting with the graphic guys. We were able to go over the layout and built the story board for what looks to be about a 1 minute, heavy montage video with a voice-over.....I am really liking the idea.

Next up will be choosing the location, adding a couple of players, and a few hours of editing. I guess I need to consider some low music as well...that one might be tough.

I should have a very rough place-keeping site up this weekend and the full edited version with video next weekend.

Despite the slow pace, I have to say that hiring a guru like this has been very helpful in bouncing ideas back and forth over what to include. As a 1 man show, you never know what you don't know and risk wearing that ugly Christmas sweater because nobody stopped you.

This will be a far more productive website than my previous one and will hopefully accomplish 2 things: Generate Business; and Educate the public on the industry to help separate the professionals from the hacks.

More to come....
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:44 pm

6-8 points you want to get across in one video, should be closer to 3 minutes. My worry would be in a 60 second video, it won't be enough time to expound on the points.

Then again they are pros, so I'm sure they know what they are doing. Looking forward to the site.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:07 pm

I do agree with you about the brevity, but our goal is to add video that directs the viewer to the more detailed sections on the website rather than replace it. That way, the key words will tie in for search benefits.

That and the cost per 30 seconds is outrageous! I just hope that the action video and voice will build some immediate trust for the consumer instead of just a photo. Getting it to flow together with my main points will be the key.

It is set up where I am unloading the truck and start to speak to an off-camera person about who I am and what makes me different. Then we break into the montage with voice over narration about those things.

The rest of the site will center around my position that there are 3 reasons to clean and why each one is important. The whole thing is targeted towards repeat customers understanding the need for annual cleanings to not just improve appearance, but to improve health of the home and longevity of the surfaces.

Basically, I want to turn interior deep cleanings into the same kind of annual task as replacing the hvac filter, cleaning out gutters, draining the water heater, applying weed barrier to the lawn, etc.

I think that if a cleaner can get that established, then the customer base will carry them a long way instead trying to "time" a customer's need all the time.

Just like in surfing, the novices are constantly paddling out to try and time a wave while the veteran just sits on the board and waits for the wave to reach them......we will find out if it works in about a week.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:59 am

I would recommend to modify your liability insurance coverage to cover all of those additional services risks. I would assume it's only going to cost you a few more dollars in your area / state.
It's a brilliant idea if you ask me, I wish I can do all of those things here, I just don't have the resources and time to add those services.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought he only was talking about adding gutters to what he already does.

My insurance hasn't changed or needed modified when I added windows three years ago. Now that I only really do glass, still nothing has needed changed.

My insurance company only cares if I add employees, or how much my gross sales are.

Then again, my insurer is Farm Bureau. Maybe other insurers are different.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:17 pm

I haven't officially added gutters or windows yet....my plan is to get this off the ground and build towards adding those services along with lawn service / aeration.  The whole-house service on a scheduled basis will be the end goal with some services being sub-contracted.

Like Freemind, my insurance has been written for multiple services to include Mold already and they base it mainly on the percentage of work as to the risk.

My 2 million contractor's insurance has done me well to date and the extra services that I am looking to add will not affect my policy much.

That being said, a full insurance policy review couldn't hurt..
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by novi carpet cleaning Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:44 am

Totally understand your frustrations.  I ended up doing everything on my website just because everyone wanted to charge an arm and a leg to do anything.  Keep your head up, it will all work out in the end.

novi carpet cleaning

http://www.novicarpetcleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:41 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. It has been a frustrating process, but I like the fact that my competition all have generic websites (complete with the wrong tool for cleaning carpet in their header) and no videos.

I think the video will make all the difference, albeit short. Too bad I didn't have better looks. A movie star type would have really been great for the video.....they will be stuck with plain old me.

Maybe there is time to grow a mustache?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:24 pm

Dont do the mustache Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:21 pm

I wasn't serious Mo. I had a stache in the Marines and eventually realized that when you have a large nose, you do not need to underline it. Very Happy

I'll just be glad when all this technology gets up and running smoothly. They already gave me a headache with all these new email set-ups, cross platform linking, facebook accounts (that is today's task), youtube channel, etc.

It is all a little too much at once for a caveman. I am getting there, but running out of tylenol very quickly.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next