Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

IICRC Alive?

+5
Mark D
ACpower1
Ryan S
dp1
milspec6
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IICRC Alive? Empty IICRC Alive?

Post by milspec6 Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:38 pm

Have we lost this organization?  I don't hear anything from them anymore and I had to practically hire a detective to find them last Jan. to pay my registrant fees.

It just seems awfully quiet right now....
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

IICRC Alive? Empty Re: IICRC Alive?

Post by dp1 Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:49 pm

I don't even remember when I paid them last, I hope my certification is current, damn Bob now you just gave me another thing to do when I'm trying to relax, lol.
Off subject, when I post reply, I kept getting message that my phone is infected with virus, is it just me ? It only happens on this site and only after I click send.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:05 pm

My phone did that a few months ago everytime that I powered it up. I use antivirus on it and that program found nothing. I took it to my techy brother-in-law and laughed while doing something and it never came back.

I think it is some kind of BS scammer trying to get you to click on their link. Does it still do it after re-booting?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:09 pm

As for the iicrc certifications, I didn't hear from them in Jan at all. I kept trying to contact them and still didn't get my fee invoice until early March.

As far as I know, I am still certified, but I have been waiting almost 3 weeks for my Certified Firm application papers with no updates.

I guess I will have to call them again tomorrow.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:21 pm

Just found out DP.....yup, there is a virus from China screwing with the phones.  I received the following advice:

Security researchers recently issued warnings against a trojan family known as Hummer, which affects more than a million phones by installing malware and unwanted apps. The US has 10 million infected devices.
Android users, don't click on anything that says download or update that is not verified from your carrier. Be very careful on websites you may visit. If something pops up about your phone being infected or needing an update while you're in the browser, NEVER click on anything. Just close the browser completely, kill all apps, restart your phone. If it comes back up, close your browser again, then go and clear all history and cache! Very important.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:36 pm

Thanks Rob, I never clicked any of those crap, I restarted my phone the first time it happened and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th, I closed the browser or clicked back button a few times, I think I might've cleared the caches and it's fine now, so far, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:57 pm

I have the contact info for them. If ya need it pm me. I've been talking with them since January.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:32 pm

did u buy into 911 restoration franchise Ryan?
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:39 pm

Yes, we were in Cali last week for review day. Headed back next week for training. It was a long process the first part of the year deliberating options and which would be the best franchise that fit our company structure. 911 was a perfect fit for us, and their values are very similar to ours. The owners of the company have a similar story as we do how they started their business. We have found over the last year and half that franchising is the best option for the mitigation industry now. They bring brand recognition, marketing, software, and nation wide support that helps us achieve our goals. It was very difficult to formulate paper work and networking systems to complete with the Franchises that have pretty much taken the market share in the restoration industry. 20 years ago, an owner operator could establish a mitigation department with ease, today, you can't even get as much as a hand shake and thanks for stopping by.

There have been several times in my professional life that I have identified change coming and have waited out the storm to see if I could over take the trend, just to find out I felll short of success and have to rebuild or reinvent my career path. I have the opportunity at this point to take a proactive approach, adjust my strategy, and find the fulfillment as entrepreneurs we all strive to achieve.

We are in a very difficult season in our business, doing very well, but we see beyond the horizon an opportunity to not only find our success, but take those who work along side us into something we all can be proud of, all the while serving our community with our giftings.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:17 pm

nice man cool, ya I think franchise makes sense for WDR.. otherwise the insurance companies just dont have enough trust.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:18 pm

When it comes to restoration work, there is no way to compete with a franchise for all the reasons that you mentioned, especially when insurance companies are involved.

Is the franchise only for the restoration side of your business or have you gone all in with the franchise?

The only thing that I do not like about a franchise is that you lose some control over how you operate. I was friends with the local Serv-Pro franchise owner and he used to lament about how he was so restricted.

He could only buy his equipment and supplies from the franchise and he had to be set-up like all the other franchises. One of those things meant having a TM mounted in a box truck, but he never used that truck. It sat on the lot for years eating away at his bottom line.

They can be great....especially for a new entry into the industry, but they can also come with negatives to a veteran who has been working in the trenches for years.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:25 pm

ACpower1 wrote:nice man cool,    ya I think franchise makes sense for WDR..    otherwise the insurance companies just dont have enough trust.

It isn't really about trust, it is about playing their game.

Insurance companies like to see "Exactimate" documents since they match what their industry uses for a standard. They also have a certain amount of negotiated discounts and yes, kick-backs by working with franchises that would not exist working with an independent.

That big name franchise also provides greater "piece of mind" to the customer that things will be done correctly.....doesn't seem to be the case from what I have seen, but perception is the reality in the end.

Bottom line is that restorations are really better off left to the Franchise companies. Personally, I never cared for the 3 am phone calls anyway nor the 4 hour response times that it required. I will stick to being a cleaner.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:39 pm

Lots of good points from the unfavorable franchise that are the norm. 911 doesn't have the huge restrictions these others do. We vetted then to the end comparing to the Servpro, Paul Davis,puroclean , etc. I can buy equipment from who I choose. Yes they have equipment to buy at a lower cost. Shipping will be my hurdle to overcome. No fees are collected until I have collected. they value the importance of cash flow and how that plays out in this arena. They have the documents to purchase but I can have them duplicated by my local media firm. What stood out to us was the owners still remembers where they came from. At this point they understand their success is defined by our success. Just the next step in the Adventure for us.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:13 pm

Sounds like you found a good path to follow then.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark D Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:20 pm

Congratulations Ryan! I'm happy for you. I hope you make so much money that Lesley doesn't have to work anymore. Lol.

Mark D

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:42 am

Interesting, I always thought about doing restoration up until earlier this year, in the last month or two, I kinda lose interest in this whole cleaning business, I'm thinking about getting an 8 - 5 office job but still unsure due to the pay, not sure how much I'm going to be getting from it, probably 1/4 of what I'm getting cleaning carpets ?
Hey Ryan, let me know what days are you going to be in LA and I'll try to meet you for lunch or coffee.
What area of LA are you going to be in ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:18 am

I just cant picture myself sitting behind a desk 8-5 anymore DP. It would drive me crazy and taking orders from someone else would not work
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:33 am

I am with Mo on this one DP, I don't think you would like the transition. Why not try and stay in the office while you send a team out to clean each day to see if you can stand to be out of the field?

I just went through a slow week and it makes me nervous being only 4 months out from the winter dead period, but the thought of going back to work in an office just sickens me.

You just need a vacation.....or more help.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:09 pm

Some of us just want to keep doing our thing, even if our bodies say stop it. Maybe because we don't know any different, maybe because it's just what we LOVE to do.

If you are willing to take a bit of a "paycut", just hire more/quality helpers. Pay your lead guy on the truck better, since he will be responsible for his work and his helper. If you want an office job, be your own office manager/on site quoter/ whatever.

Grow your business, without being "on the job site". People will be ok with that. I think you would be better with it too DP.

I LOVE doing window work. But if I was doing it 6-7 days a week, all day long 8-12 hours a day, I likely would not. It's too much physical work for one guy to do all the time. CCing is just as bad. It is bad for your body.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:33 pm

DP, we will be in Van Nuys. Sunday the 17- the 23rd. Thanks guys for the well wishes. Mark, ain't gonna happen, when Lesley quits working the whole place falls apart. She makes me look like a genius.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark D Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:17 pm

I understand that Ryan! If my wife didn't work for me, I would fall apart too. She keeps everything going in the right direction. Thank God for our wonderful wife's!!!

Mark D

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:54 am

Ryan S wrote:DP, we will be in Van Nuys.  Sunday the 17- the 23rd.  Thanks guys for the well wishes.  Mark, ain't gonna happen, when Lesley quits working the whole place falls apart.  She makes me look like a genius.  

Shoot, I'm going to Vegas from the 17th through the 19th, hopefully I can swing by between the 20th through 22nd, will send you a pm when I get back from Vegas.

I vacation quite a few times a year, go to Vegas like 10 times a year, lol, I still enjoy cleaning but definitely not as much as I did before, I think in the last few weeks I've gotten a lot more price shoppers and pain in the butt customers and hard job access that kinda drain me out. I'm going to think about it a few more days and maybe post my resume out there, see who bites, if I get something that pays 50 - 75 k a year, I might try it for a while. That way I can pay someone 30 - 35 k to be in charge in the truck like you guys suggested, thanks guys.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:56 pm

Just received word from the IICRC that I am still certified. They emailed me my cert and confirmed it. Took a few months, but better than never.

I hope DP is doing well....life transitions can be tough. Crying or Very sad
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:02 am

I think I may have lost my second first residential job because I don't have the cert.The first one was no biggie the second was a long time customer. They were going to use me but then postponed the cleaning so we'll see
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:26 pm

It has only happened to me once in 8 years for carpet cleaning, but I do get asked most of the time when I do furniture and mold work.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next