Latest topics
» Connection with the largest contractor in my area.
by milspec6 Today at 8:14 pm

» Repeat cust didn't pay !
by milspec6 Today at 8:11 pm

» Another mess
by milspec6 Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:07 pm

» You know it is hot when you turn down jobs
by milspec6 Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:56 pm

» Why I was away
by milspec6 Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:11 pm

» Pressure washer help
by steamprony Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 pm

» that's a 1st, ugh!
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:20 pm

» After a long winter
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:19 pm

» Setting customer expectations.
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 pm

» Adding on work while you are there.....
by Freemind1 Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:36 pm

» Happy Father's day !
by Mo Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:03 pm

» Hi From Scotland
by milspec6 Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:25 pm

» Thought on my pricing.
by Freemind1 Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:43 pm

» any fishermen?
by Freemind1 Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:52 am

» Urine Stain Charges
by milspec6 Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:27 am

Don't like the big city

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't like the big city

Post by milspec6 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:15 pm

This is why I don't list the city of Omaha as being part of my service area even though it is only 40 minutes away and is the largest city in the State.

I had 4 houses lined up this week in Omaha that came to me by way of referrals. Each one was scheduled to be full home cleaning plus some furniture. I think the smallest one was 5 rooms and 2 sofas, so it was going to be a really good week. I say going to be because they all cancelled with the last one asking if I could just "spot clean" the rooms were the dog urinated instead?

I will never understand why someone would go through all the effort to book a job and then decide to bail on it 2 days later. It just boggles the mind to me, I have never done that in my personal life. If I do have to cancel, it is normally due to some major change involved, but these people acted like they forgot all about booking in the first place when I made my reminder calls. Each one gave me the "Oh, that's right, we did call you....never mind".

It is the nature of the industry, I understand that, but I rarely have that happen working in the small towns. It seems to happen almost 50% of the time when I get booked in Omaha. Just drives me nuts!
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Don't like the big city

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:49 pm

Courtesy; or lack of it. I don't get those kind of people.
How would they feel if they spent all morning getting ready for work, drove for 20 minutes; then the Boss goes; "oh, we don't need you today".

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo on Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:26 pm

Im glad you placed those reminder calls, it would have been a complete waste of time and money.

My service area is small so I don't normally do reminder calls but I wonder rif some would bail if I did. The ones that normally bail on me are the ones that beat you up on price or what it done ASAP
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Got a call yesterday for an estimate.
Told the lady my minimum is 199 normally, but from what she described, I would probably price it less, since she was 6 miles away and wanted 4 high reach windows done.

Go down to look over the job, and told them I would do them in/out for $100. AND that I could do them tomorrow, like she asked.

Guess what? They decided they didn't want to pay to have them cleaned.

This after I told her how much my minimum IS and that I would cut her a break. This after running down there to give them a firm price. TOTALLY wasted my time.
Stupid F****** people.......

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:16 pm

are you still trying out house call pro Rob?    

I still absolutely love the software,   a few minor hiccups but dont know what I was ever doing without a program like this.   Not shilling it and I have nothing to do with them, but it really makes a big difference in the situation you describe 

Customers take you so much more seriously when the job is booked and they get the auto texts/emails.    

you show up to the job and they know your super on point so they better be up to par with their preparation.       As of right now the software has paid for 4 years of service for itself @ $60/month just from a few recent repeat jobs coming back to do more cleaning.  

Still playing with the thank you email a bit but mentioning other services you offer in there right after hitting a home run on their carpet cleaning seems to be working really well

also since using house call our yelp reviews went from 9 reviews to 30 in about 4 months,    thank you email asks them to please review us on there.

I tried asking for google and facebook reviews in there as well but it didnt seem to work
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steamprony on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:30 pm

Serving in Long Island for over 10 years now. It has been a very enjoyable journey. Being in the industry do have seen ups and the down, overall, it was good experience.

steamprony

http://www.steamprony.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:37 pm

I dont mind the big city but I dont come anywhere near downtown, thats all elevator work here
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:58 pm

Actually AC, I haven't been exploiting the software much at all. I really should be, but the residential side hasn't really taken off, so I am still 90% commercial where it doesn't help much.
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum