Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Amazing Luck

3 posters

Go down

Amazing Luck Empty Amazing Luck

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:55 pm

Just when I thought that my luck had left me, I was rewarded tonight.

I was returning from a job after dinner and noticed a little vibration coming from the rear of my van. I was fully loaded and had about 100 gallons of water on-board, so I just assumed it was the water sloshing a bit. Besides, I was only about 11 miles from home.

At about 7 miles out, the vibration started to get worse.....assumed I had lost a wheel weight or something at first, but another mile later made it clear that I had a low tire in the right rear (below my water tank). It was already dark and I was only about 6 miles from home, so I slowed down and cruised home.

At about 1/4 mile from my house, the van was starting to lean a little....clearly a tire getting very low. Luckily, I had reached the town and pulled into the gas station to use the air hose. Yup, tire was down to 25 psi (normally runs at 70 psi). I only live another block away, but I decided to throw some air into it anyway......only the air was coming out as fast as it was going in!!! Shocked

I jumped in and drove it the final block to my driveway and as soon as I stopped.....the tire gave out and went completely flat!!! There was a roofing nail in the center of the tire right between the tread blocks.

The odds of that tire (under all that weight) holding up right to the final feet is incredible. Not exactly a lottery ticket win, but a good stroke of luck anyway.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Amazing Luck Empty Re: Amazing Luck

Post by Mo Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Talk about looking at the bright side. But then again it would have been worse changing a tire at night in the cold
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:13 pm

That's the way I take it Mo. Sure, now I have to get it fixed in the morning and that sucks, but I could have easily been stranded too.

Which reminds me, I need to buy a small jack for that van, because the one that I have is that factory stupid thing that would have ended up thrown into the cornfield.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:04 pm

Wow ! That's a blessing ! I think your angel is plugging that hole the whole time until you get home Very Happy
I hope you have AAA ?? That actually reminds me to call them and talk to them about covering my vans in the future because the last time that happened to Danny, they refused to change the tire for us.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:08 pm

My guardian angel normally gets even with me, so this should be an interesting week. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:10 am

milspec6 wrote:My guardian angel normally gets even with me, so this should be an interesting week. Very Happy

Stay positive. That stroke of luck could be the beginning of good things to come
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Learn from my mistakes gang.

It was impossible to get the spare tire off the van due to rusty hardware and the factory scissor jack couldn't lift the van high enough, so had I been stranded on the road there would have been nothing to do except call for a tow.

I took the tire to the nearest tire shop to be repaired. The roofing nail wasn't a roofing nail. It turned out to be a 1/4 inch threaded bolt!!! Do you ever think about how much weight is being carried by these trucks? That is how much, a blunt threaded bolt punctured clean through my tire.

I had no desire to have another mishap like this and decided to replace all 4 tires since they were down to about 1/2 thread and winter is coming fast. Still waiting for the installation now and then off to clean some commercial tonight.

So, heed my warning. Go out and check your spare tire, jack, lug wrench, and tire tread today. It might save you a bad night and towing bill.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:44 pm

Wow, seems like the operating costs down there is higher than here ? I can go down to 20 % thread and still okay running down the freeway, especially since the drought, it hardly rains here.
Also if you have America's tire, I would go there and get the road hazard protection plan, I already got 3 new tires free of charge from their protection plan in a few years span, the only thing you pay is the new protection plan on the new tire, I think it's about $ 20 / tire ? So worth it.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down