Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Allergy and asthma friendly relief certification by Stanley Steemer?

+2
milspec6
Cjcann
6 posters

Go down

Allergy and asthma friendly relief certification by Stanley Steemer? Empty Allergy and asthma friendly relief certification by Stanley Steemer?

Post by Cjcann Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:04 am

Customer called me and asked if we have this certification and how we differ from Stanley Steemer? Her mom was interested. I did some research. Seems that their method (HWE) was tested before and after and allergens were reduced. I told her we are using the same method, only we are more meticulous about our work. Anybody else run into this?
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Allergy and asthma friendly relief certification by Stanley Steemer? Empty Re: Allergy and asthma friendly relief certification by Stanley Steemer?

Post by milspec6 Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:17 am

Not yet, but I do have a line of anti-allergen products on the truck for such people. They are designed to block the human response to several known allergies. I have a few customers that request it all the time and claim that it helps.

HWE should reduce allergies and is one of the reasons that we clean. Dust mites alone is a major asthma trigger.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Allergy and asthma friendly relief certification by Stanley Steemer? Empty Re: Allergy and asthma friendly relief certification by Stanley Steemer?

Post by Mike Myers Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:53 pm

When I go to a customers house and they ask me if I clean grean and are my products safe and will they bother allergies and asthmatic people.  I just tell them " F NO.  NOW WHERES YOUR ASH TRAY I GOT TO PUT MY CIGAR DOWN."  (Btw...Wana smell what I had for lunch?).
Mike Myers
Mike Myers

http://Mjmcarpetcleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:20 pm

LOL thats funny Mike.

I just tell them that carpet cleaning in general improves the indoor air quality in the home. I just don have the 10 thousand dollar fee for the ccertification
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:30 pm

No certification is necessary to support common sense. The good part is that they are starting to see the light and support what I have claimed that the industry really needs......emphasize the health benefit and not focus only on the appearance.

People will clean far more often for the health benefit than they will for the appearance aspect of it. Carpet is designed to hide soil loads, so why settle for a yearly cleaning when you can sell them on bi-annual cleanings to improve the indoor health of the home?

That is my goal and the direction that I am taking my business and I think it is the direction that the whole industry will reach at some point.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:31 pm

Yup, I agree with Rob.

Some people are clean freaks, but most are not. It's FAR easier to sell on the health and allergy aspect then the appearance aspect.

Rainbow vacuums used to do a demo that they would wrap a bright white cloth over the end of the hose, to demo how much dirt it could pull off the furniture, even though you called it "clean". They also pimped about all the dust it was pulling.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:08 pm

You will start to see this sort of thing everywhere. Dyson vacuums has an advertising right now talking about how much healthier the home is after a good vacuuming. It is just a start and it will continue to grow.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:42 am

Yeah the kirby salesman will do that too Freemind

The problem with the cleaning for health is that customer that cleans for health also has the most disposable income and their just getting rid of carpet all together and installing the more expensive stone, wood, and other hard surfaces.

The folks that won't do that are the senior citizens because the like the comfort and non slip factor of carpet. But then again I probably dont know what the hell Im talking about Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:05 am

That is a valid point Mo and one that was shared in Europe until recently. When I lived up in Scandinavia, carpet was actually banned by code for awhile believing that it harbored to many germs. Hard floors were installed instead.

A few years later they discovered that illness rates increased. The conclusion was that the carpet actually acts like another primary filter as the air circulates over it en route to the return ducts. It also traps a great deal of contamination off shoes as one enters the building.

So, instead of that little 20x36 filter in your hvac system, you actually have a raw filter the size of your floors when carpet is installed. And just like the filter on the hvac system, one has to replace them periodically as the contamination builds up......so carpet cleaning should be considered in the same vein as filter replacement.

Of course, cost is a big factor here and having the spendable income to do it can be an issue.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:16 am

milspec6 wrote:That is a valid point Mo and one that was shared in Europe until recently.  When I lived up in Scandinavia, carpet was actually banned by code for awhile believing that it harbored to many germs.  Hard floors were installed instead.

A few years later they discovered that illness rates increased.  The conclusion was that the carpet actually acts like another primary filter as the air circulates over it en route to the return ducts.  It also traps a great deal of contamination off shoes as one enters the building.

So, instead of that little 20x36 filter in your hvac system, you actually have a raw filter the size of your floors when carpet is installed.  And just like the filter on the hvac system, one has to replace them periodically as the contamination builds up......so carpet cleaning should be considered in the same vein as filter replacement.

Of course, cost is a big factor here and having the spendable income to do it can be an issue.

One of the big guys in the carpet cleaning industry (I think it was a TM maker) made a video about this. The gist was that hard surfaces (wood, tile, stone) allowed more dust/allergens to rise higher into the air. Also it pointed to carpet being a filter, like you said.

I don't remember who did the video, but IMO, every carpet cleaner should have it on their site and use it to promote people KEEPING carpet, rather than going over to hard surfaces.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:12 pm

I will have to look for that video, I do think it should be part of customer education plan.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:27 pm

Wasn't a European country that conducted that study
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:17 pm

ya Ive seen the study before. allergens in homes went way up when they started producing less carpet and more hard surfaces.

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down