Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Cleaning in the boonies

4 posters

Go down

Cleaning in the boonies Empty Cleaning in the boonies

Post by milspec6 Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:40 pm

As you know, I had scheduled a rural mansion today past a small town on the skirts of my service area.  Google didn't have a detailed map for this area, but it at least gave me the county road to turn onto off the highway....Rd 31.  Funny thing about that, all the county roads I was seeing had letters like "KL" or "K" and my Garmin had no map of the area.  So, I kept driving North expecting to see this Rd 31 at some point.

Fourteen miles later, I was pulling into another small town and completely missed the county road.  So, I turned around and tried again, this time stopping to verify the sign of every county road on the way back.  Missed it again and ended up in another small town.

I asked the driver of a propane tank at the farmer's co-op for help.  He told me that "all the letter roads run East-West and the numbered ones go North-South".  So, Google was screwed up and I wasted a lot of time and gas, but now I at least have some idea.

To fast forward this mess, I spent an hour running down fire lane roads and narrow gravel roads getting totally lost and the customer was not answering her phone.  The county roads in this area do not go straight through.  You can be on the right road, have it terminate into a dead end or driveway, and have to go back around to link back up with the road on the other side of the farm.  I was more than a little upset and decided to cut my losses and just go home.  As luck would have it, I stumbled onto a rural postal worker who was nice enough to lead me to the house.

The house was huge and the husband had no idea I was coming nor what the wife wanted cleaned.  That took some time to settle and then the kids came home from school since the late start time.  The kids were not pleased to see me and kept asking why I had to be there.

The family eventually went out for dinner, so I had the chance to clean without distractions and I attacked it like a tornado as I wanted this day over with as well.  When done, it was the following scorecard:  5-bedrooms, 1-den, 1-living room, 1-tile kitchen, 1-sunroom, 1-accent rug, 1-flight of stairs, 3-hallways, and a welcome mat.  A good day's work to say the least.Shocked

Once done, I was loading up and went out through the garage where they placed their pet cat.  I was warned that it will try to get into the house and not to let it happen.  I saw the cat in the garage when I went out and then there was the damn cat trying to sneak into the front door as I was pulling out tools.scratch

I was running around the yard trying to corral the cat and put it back into the garage so that I could leave.  The family dog thought I wanted to play and joined in the fun.  After getting knocked down by the dog a few times, I finally caught the cat and carried it back to the garage........and then saw that there was already one in the garage.  It was a different damn cat with the same markings. Mad

Anyway, a long day that carried over into the night.....that is what rural cleanings are like folks.  The last interesting thing was that the customer was also the VP of the large franchise bank in this area.  That makes 3 high ranking bankers that I have cleaned for this past week alone.  That has to be worth something down the road right?. Peace
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Cleaning in the boonies Empty Re: Cleaning in the boonies

Post by Freemind1 Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:05 pm

When you go into rural Ohio, over the Indiana line, the roads use numbers (north and south roads) and they use letters (east and west). But that combination can change as soon as you cross into another county.

My county uses North, South, east, west, as directional markers. North is south of the divider line, East is west of the divider line.

Michigan mostly uses named roads, in rural areas.

It's so goofy. I don't know why states don't have a better system that can be universally applied, to road naming.

See, if you would have had a GoPro and a head mount, that cat chase would have got you 10 grand on America's Funniest Video's. lol! lol!

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:27 pm

I feel bad for the rural postal carriers.

I wish I had that camera too....it looked far crazier than I could describe.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:15 pm

Ha..ha.... I would pay to see that cat hunting ! Did I ever say I hate cats ? Lol.
That is so weird with the letters addresses, I don't think I've ever seen that, I asked my wife ( she's an eBay seller ) and she said that she never sent anything to a US addresses that has letter instead of number.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:30 pm

All part of the fun I guess. What scares me is that the customer was very pleased and will likely refer me to her friends......where-ever the heck they live.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:17 pm

You know the word is going to get around Bib and you'll know those country roads like the back of your hand
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Like a knurled arthritic hand, Mo. Bo Duke would get lost around that area.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down