» Lectured by potential customer
by dp1 Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:38 pm

» hired the competition.....
by milspec6 Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:55 pm

» never hear about them
by milspec6 Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:28 pm

» What now......
by milspec6 Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:33 pm

» Dealing with difficult real estate agent.
by milspec6 Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:38 pm

» Convenient store.
by milspec6 Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:34 pm

Rotten Chicken

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Rotten Chicken

Post by milspec6 on Sat May 20, 2017 9:42 pm

I was pulling out wet carpet tonight for a customer and when I reached the deck area, there was a weird smell.  I dropped the carpet and was going back into the flooded basement, but the smell just lingered.  I had no idea what it was, but it wasn't pleasant.

After dragging the wet padding outside, the smell was stronger.  When I looked around with a flashlight, I found that I had stepped on a zip-lock bag of something and it had splattered on my shoes and pant leg as well.

I thought it was catfish stink bait and so I asked the homeowner if he fished for catfish?  He told me no and when I showed him the bag, he was shocked and told me that was a bag of marinated chicken breasts that got dropped over a month ago. Shocked Mad

Who the heck lives like that?  I think I am going to burn those shoes and pants as they smell horrible.  

What a glamorous life we cleaners lead.
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rotten Chicken

Post by Freemind1 on Sun May 21, 2017 5:27 am

Gross.....

Some people are disgusting. The time of everyone keeping things clean and being clean in general, are slipping away.

My observations are that wealthy people tend to be less cluttered, more clean, then the middle and lower class.

Most middle class people I know tend to have piles of stuff (buying things they think make them feel better) and keeping a house clean isn't a priority. Things like weekly dusting and washing the dishes at least every other night, just don't get done.

All of the homes I cleaned because they were listed for sale (With the exception of ONE home) that were middle class to upper middle class, could be defined as stated above.

It's just a fact of life here. Most people do NOT clean like they should unless they have lots of money. Carpets are a last priority. Windows are filthy. IMO, it's partially the fault of so many distractions of society. We are so busy with everything else and we don't seem to prioritize cleanliness anymore.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Sun May 21, 2017 9:04 am

That is a pretty true statement, this was an upper middle class household with a nice brick outdoor kitchen. It also had a very cluttered garage and house along with 2 dogs and 3 kids.

All I know is that those shoes are done, scrubbed them down twice and they still stink. I have to say though that the zip-lock bag sure sealed well, hard to imaging a raccoon or something wouldn't have taken that chicken away a long time ago if they smelled it.

Definitely ruined my appetite and I think it may have tracked into the truck a little, so I have to scrub that out today after I go back to the flooded house from last night.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 on Sun May 21, 2017 10:46 am

Too bad you couldn't pad the bill enough to get you a new pair of shoes and pay you something for cleaning up your truck.

Good luck on the flood job.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Sun May 21, 2017 9:01 pm

Well, this job will be going towards new shoes, but probably not as a damage charge. I can still smell it even though I threw the shoes in the outside trash.

See the new post (Flooding never ends) regarding this disaster of a flood job. It is going down hill.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum