» Floor cleaning Equipment
by milspec6 Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:17 am

» Stain Guard
by milspec6 Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:10 pm

» Finally, the gloom has passed
by Mo Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:45 am

» Certificates
by Freemind1 Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:34 pm

We need a national review site for BAD customers....

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

We need a national review site for BAD customers....

Post by Freemind1 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:42 am

We have Google, Yelp, Angies list, etc. etc..

Those all review BUSINESSES and not customers. It sure would be nice to have a place to check reviews of CUSTOMERS

Had one today I would NEVER have serviced if I would have known.....

Was all good until the job was done. THEN the complaining starts. Arguing in fact. Thought the price was too high. Didn't like the method I used and wanted me to do double the work. Just a royal pain in the a**.

She had me so mad I was shaking, but I did not go off on her like I SOOOO wanted to.

Apparently she thought I would not ask for the money owed to me too. But I wasn't doing the job for free. Told her not to worry about calling me back next year, she should hire someone else in the future. Mad

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Re: We need a national review site for BAD customers....

Post by milspec6 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:43 am

I ran into one last week as well. Daughter told me to just clean around the furniture, but my OCD doesn't normally allow that to happen. I moved the furniture except the sectional was a heavy beast so I only pivoted it around to clean beneath it.

The next day, the Father calls me to complain about a 2 foot square that looks dirty. I drove over there (35 minutes away) and discovered that he moved the furniture around and now the sectional was on the other side of the room. The carpet beneath the end of the sectional that served as the pivot was now in plain view and dirty.

I did explain why that 2 foot spot was there, but he didn't seem to care what the daughter instructed me to clean. I yanked the hoses and cleaned it, but there is now a big flag attached to his profile on my computer.
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:37 am

Maybe a good reason you should do the work the way YOU want it done, rather than someone telling you not to. It can bite you in the butt sometimes. I do things MY way because it's me that will have to come back on my own dime to fix something, when they aren't happy later.

This loony tune today wanted me to squeegee all the windows AFTER I had just cleaned them with the water fed pole. You can't do that, as a squeegee won't glide on water alone, you need a slip agent. So that would mean rewashing ALL her windows traditional style. She was afraid of them getting water spots and would NOT listen to a thing I was telling her how the WFP works. Even though I do her neighbors house (this one came on a referral) and her neighbor has NEVER had a problem with spotting.

I told her I would be happy to rewash her windows for double the bill if she wanted, but NO, I wasn't going to squeegee all her windows today. If there are ANY problems with the windows, I would happily return at no charge to fix it.

As I was folding up, all the windows on one side of the house were already dry, and had ZERO spots on them. They shined beautifully. But I'm sure she will act like I covered them in mud.....

I'm all about making people happy, but not at the expense of doing a lot of "nothing" to lose my butt on a job.

IF ONLY there was something out there to rate CUSTOMERS. Nothing I hate more that to do the job (and everything is going GREAT up to that point) and at the very end, it's Jeckle and Hyde.

The sad part is, it is people like this that make a habit of smearing the reputation of business owners unjustly.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:50 pm

I would be a great resource, but I don't see how one could be fairly created. We are stuck with our own little voices.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:00 pm

Well, I see your point.

But take Uber as an example. Not only do the riders get rated, so do the riders.

All the other rating places could offer the same. It sure would not be in a business owners interest to just start flinging bad reviews of customers. But it sure would be helpful to others in business.

Some might say it would encourage bad decorum, but that's everywhere thanks to social media.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:27 pm

The problem is you wouldn't check the customer review site until after they turned on you.

I just cant stand when people try and take advantage of you so m glad you stood your ground. I review from someone like that would definately get a response from me
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:56 pm

If I had he opportunity to check new people, trust me, I would.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:01 pm

I agreed, if such website exists, I would definitely check all new customers against the content of the site, I thought about that many times, but you know some day down the road, if you own that website, you're bound to get sued by those jerks.
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:38 am

I don't know DP. I guess anyone can sue for anything, but it doesn't mean they will win.

It seems that if a customer puts up a false review, they alone bare the responsibility for their actions in court, so far. I have not heard of any of the sites being sued over someone else's actions.

Which I think it's great though, when a person gets sued for false reviews. Problem is though usually only the bigger companies can afford to sue. SP's and those with just a couple employees usually don't have the money to sue the jerks.

I really think a site like this could really be a big thing. It would attract a lot of the smaller businesses. It could be funded by "deals" or "offers" made by those businesses. A straight fee to make an offer or a small percent of every sale.

It would be especially good if you could make your offers ONLY to people with a certain "grades" of reviews. It would instantly cut out those problem customers. I would gladly pay if I could filter out the occasional bad customers.

I think we all get those bad ones. It just depends I think of what clients you pursue as to how many of them you run into in a year. Someone like Rob does great with the average Joe's, where they are all price conscious here, and I do better with wealthy people.

If a site like that was done right, it would benefit everyone. All review sites now only benefit ONE side as it is.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:50 pm

I see too much legal headaches as well. There used to be a site called "job vent" (maybe it still exists) where employees had the chance to rate their jobs and provide comments.

I loved that site when I was job hunting as you got to see behind the curtains. Incidentally, auto parts stores were always the lowest scored for some reason.

After about 3 years, it started getting attacked legally for slander as their were no names of the employee nor was their proof that they even worked for the business. I was caught up in one of the storms and it got ugly fast.

Reputations of a business are easily ruined and harder to restore than that of an individual, but the same problems exist. Business interactions with customers are so full of variables that it might not have any real value. We all probably have customers that pissed off someone else, but have been good to us.....and vice versa.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:52 pm

When you look at the other review sites, you can't just leave anonymous reviews. I would not suggest as much for a site like I am proposing.

But you bring my point up for me. A few jerk individuals can cause a business's reputation to be in jeopardy. Sure, most allow you to respond. But if a individual had a habit of giving crap reviews because they are a holes to work with, a site like I am suggesting would expose that for all to see.

With Google or Yelp, there is no way to know if the reviewer is a decent person or a total jerk.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:02 pm

I guess there is just one way to find out...start one. The next big hurdle is how do you fund it? Charge memberships to businesses?

The biggest fear I would have is that your competition might use it against you by telling those customers how they are rated on your site. I can see a lot of angry flagged customers looking for revenge.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:46 pm

@Freemind1 wrote:With Google or Yelp, there is no way to know if the reviewer is a decent person or a total jerk.

Well I do know how to find out, check his / her other reviews, if those reviews are mostly 1 or 2 stars, I know he / she is the problem and not the recipients / businesses. I always do that on Yelp specifically.

And just like Yelp / google, you need to also give good reviews to good customers, realistically there should be more good people than bad, so your reviews should show that if you are a decent / good person.
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:58 pm

@milspec6 wrote:I guess there is just one way to find out...start one.  The next big hurdle is how do you fund it?  Charge memberships to businesses?

The biggest fear I would have is that your competition might use it against you by telling those customers how they are rated on your site.  I can see a lot of angry flagged customers looking for revenge.

Yup, charge small membership fees to people who benefit more from it, I don't mind paying a few bucks a month to protect me from some of these idiots, lol.

Yes, there would be quite a few angry people ( including myself now that I think about it ) because I had issues with one or two local businesses and now the playing field is tipped against them since I just went on Yelp and gave them bad reviews, if such site exists, I would definitely show up there since I can be pretty nasty with my choice of words if being treated badly, but then if I see my name out there, I would just respond to those reviews instead of filing a lawsuit, but that's me, rich people won't respond the same way I do, they will pick up their phone to their attorney and file the lawsuit instead.

That being said, I won't be surprised if that kind of website will appear someday soon but the longevity of it is something that I wouldn't hold my breath on, it could have a strong legal ground ( free speech ), but that ground needs to be proven to be TRUE free speech and not just some lies because someone is pissed off.
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:58 pm

Now a question, what kind of a website name would be appropriate for something like this ? Razz
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:28 pm

Guess what ? Such a site already exists, but the database is still poorly managed, no user database exists, that makes it difficult to judge the legitimacy of the reviewers.

Here it is :

http://ratemycustomers.com/

Phew, I'm glad my name isn't on it, lol, to be fair, most of these names listed involved non paying customers, I never had to not pay anyone, I believe that no matter how bad the service you got, you still need to pay for services you received, I just won't use you again in the future and I would rant on Yelp about you, which to be fair, my total reviews are only about 30 reviews currently with 4 - 5 of them in 1 star and the rest mostly in 4 - 5 stars, I gave 1 star if you don't honor your appointment made for me in advance, and if you just don't have common sense in disrespecting me ( like this guy's comment on screen door repair service that I talked to a little while back, he gave me a price and when I say that's more expensive than a new screen door at HD, he said "what'd you expect ? You want me to do it for free ?" And hang up the phone on me ! )
I can't tell you how many times customers told me that it's cheaper for them to buy a new rug than having me clean them, of course when they buy the rugs from ikea, I politely tell them if they cost less than cleaning than of course it's better for them to buy a new one, heck even if the price is just slightly lower than cleaning I always tell them it's better to buy a new one, I never got butt hurt about them.
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:31 am

I don't mess with Yelp, but Google has a business rating up front for all to see. Not so for the people reviewing the business.

I'm sure you can dig through Yelp and see how a reviewer is rating businesses. But you have to manually search it. I don't think a potential customer is going to dig through to see if they gave you a proper review.

We all have an opinion, and I see nothing wrong with expressing it as long as you are not being malicious. I also know some people are never happy with anything, so I would take what they say with a grain of salt. But the problem is, none of these review sites reflect what both sides are like. And potential customers are NOT going to dig through to find out.

I would not want to see another site where business people complain about customers. I would much rather have a better review site that offered value to both sides. I know we can't always have the dream customers we enjoy working with, but if we could find a way to prequalify those customers, I think we could save both sides grief. It would only work though, if it was used as much as Google. Yelp here only is really used for restaurants, here. Google is used for about everything here. Oddly though I have no reviews on any of those review sites that I know of.

Heck, I haven't even got any views this year on Yelp. Google still chugs along good for me though.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum