Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

BIG jobs suck, but they are the best at the same time.

3 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

BIG jobs suck, but they are the best at the same time.  Empty BIG jobs suck, but they are the best at the same time.

Post by Freemind1 Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:18 pm

So I quoted a job a few weeks ago, BIG job. Biggest window job in a single day to date. Knowing my speed on glass, I figured this job would take 1.5 days to complete.

Got it done in 6.5 hours, and 1 hour for lunch. Had to hire some temp labor for the day, but things went well. The owners were REALLY nice people. He, an artist (paintings). Asked us if we needed something to drink several times.

After paying all labor, I still put a grand in the business account. Not the best, but nothing to sneer at either. I am glad though, that jobs don't roll in like this every day.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

BIG jobs suck, but they are the best at the same time.  Empty Re: BIG jobs suck, but they are the best at the same time.

Post by dp1 Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Good for you James, it's funny I actually forgot when did I bring $ 1000 back this year, it really hasn't happened much at all this year.
Most of those people that are willing to pay high price are nice, if they are not nice they usually go with lower bids, did he tip you ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

BIG jobs suck, but they are the best at the same time.  Empty Re: BIG jobs suck, but they are the best at the same time.

Post by milspec6 Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:36 pm

It is the only kind of jobs that I like any more. I would rather make my month working 6 big jobs than 20 small ones.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:26 am

No DP, no tip. I've never really ever got one. Folks here don't seem to tip service guys.

I don't think I would want jobs like that everyday. I like getting mine in smaller bites. Pretty hard on the body running the water fed pole that many hours at once. 3rd story work isn't fun on residential. Some of the architecture of these homes, suck, to clean the windows.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:52 pm

I'm with Bob on this, there is something about setting up that just isn't fun for us carpet cleaners Razz
Well the exception to that is one story home that has water spigot with a good hose attached to it 10 feet away from the driveway and all of the carpeted areas to be cleaned is within 50 feet from the van, I don't mind doing 10 of those per day, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:25 pm

I don't see many of those Dp, that would be like spotting Bigfoot around here. In this area, the spigot is on the back of the house and you will be pulling 170 feet at least up / down stairs.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:35 am

I hear you about set ups. I might not have a few hundred feet of vacuum hose to drag, but I have plenty of equipment in the truck to pull out at every stop. Small jobs for me (residential) are 2-4 hours.

I'm still looking at a Chevy City Express for a work vehicle. I want to set up a tank instead of hooking up to the hose bib every time. Be nice to have a hose reel set up too. I HATE rewinding my tubing onto those small portable reels. The organization of a van would be great too. And! It just looks more professional to begin with.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:41 pm

I agree, on-board tank and reel is a must for me. I never like hooking up to the customer's home and a reel does save a lot of space.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down