Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Anyone Psychic want to take a guess?

4 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Anyone Psychic want to take a guess? Empty Anyone Psychic want to take a guess?

Post by milspec6 Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:20 pm

I received a phone call on my cell this morning at 7:14 am, but I suspected the normal scam call so I didn't get out of bed to check and there was no message.

At 8:05 I received another call while I was brushing my teeth and didn't get to it soon enough to answer. I called it back only to get the answering machine.

Here is the strange part, the caller was the shop where my van was left for the engine replacement. He isn't open on Saturdays and never opens before 9 am during the week. Of course being self employed those are not set in stone and he may have been trying to get caught up on work.

I drove by the shop last night about 10 pm and the van was still parked outside in the same place that it has been for the last 3 weeks. Today, it is not in the lot, but the shop was locked up so I have no idea what is going on.

My mind is racing with all the possibilities that he felt he needed to call me. Was the van damaged by the storms last night? Was it stolen? Did he lock himself out of it when he pulled it inside? Did he start on it and discover that it really wasn't a spun bearing and that it doesn't need a motor replacement, only some other repair like a collapsed lifter?

It is just so odd that he would call me so early on a Saturday without leaving a message or text at least? Any guesses?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone Psychic want to take a guess? Empty Re: Anyone Psychic want to take a guess?

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Hmm,
It's fixed and he needed to go to Kanas city to pick up some rush parts. Your van had a full tank of gas, so......
IDK.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Anyone Psychic want to take a guess? Empty Re: Anyone Psychic want to take a guess?

Post by milspec6 Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:Hmm,
It's fixed and he needed to go to Kanas city to pick up some rush parts. Your van had a full tank of gas, so......
IDK.

As good as any that I have come up with....just so strange.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Or he probably wants you to give him some down payment to buy the new engine ?
Some auto shop I work with requires down payment to buy parts needed ( if it's substantial ), unless if they know me and have establish relationship, it's the same with me, new customers, cash or credit cards only, old customers can pay me however they want, heck I even told them to mail me a check sometimes when they are not home when I'm done.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:26 pm

That is possible Dp, but the shop has had it for 3 weeks already and he called on a Saturday morning which is not a normal day that he is open.

I would have expected that request right from the start.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:19 am

Mystery solved and it was almost great news....almost.

The first call was to tell me that my Distributor shaft was loose and that the timing was shifting when he started it up.  At the time, he thought that it might not be a spun bearing after all and just a bad spark knock due to the timing issue.

Second call was to tell me that the bearing was bad after-all and he had two choices of engines for me to select.  The standard motor or the heavy duty version with the forged crank and special roller rockers....an extra $700.  It was tempting, but the money just isn't there and I will still have the same warranty so I went with the standard motor.

It should be done this week....not sure if that is good or bad news.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:49 pm

Should’ve gotten the heavy duty engine, get a new credit card with 18 months 0% interest and charge the extra $ 700 to that card, I got so many of those credit card checks with 0% offers, it’s almost scary if they accidentally mailed to the wrong hands.
Nonetheless, you’re right, the warranty is the same, not sure what kind of oil you are using, I always use Mobil 1 for everything, including my truckmount, highly recommend it.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:03 am

Well, it is a numbers game right now more than a matter of what I want.  I don't foresee this van being around more than maybe 2 years at the most regardless of the motor so I am just opting to get it back into a functional shape for the winter and hopefully another season.

My van gets an oil change every month and sometimes twice when there are several long jobs coming up on the schedule.  It  would be too expensive to use synthetic, but I do use a synthetic blend.

The key differences between the motor is that the heads are aimed towards pulling power with the HD motor and the STD aimed at economy.  I don't pull a trailer and although it can be heavily loaded at times, it shouldn't be that much of a stress.

Still, if I had the extra money I would have, but I am already pushing my chips into the middle as it is and do not need it to become worse.  I basically have 3 weeks to generate enough to pay for that motor.  Should be possible, but a few breaks will have to happen.

As for the SEO and page rankings....screw it, I am tired of running head first into the wall over this issue.  I am giving up on that quest and going after commercial and hopefully see a steady growth in referrals instead.  It seems that no matter what I do or who I pay, the companies that are not even in my area dominate the listings.

I have a very long couple of days ahead of me and then will likely finish the week with bringing home the van.  I will re-group this weekend and plan my next move.  Even if I get that day job, I will still have to keep cleaning to make ends meet, so there is no option of shutting down.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:54 am

If I wasn't able to do my own SEO, I'd need to hire it done. I get too many calls from Google searches to say forget it.

You need an SEO company that is paid based on performance. Look up RankPay. They are out of San Fran. They look pretty promising.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down