by milspec6 Thu May 24, 2018 11:13 pm

» Still have a few fans
by milspec6 Tue May 22, 2018 4:26 pm

Very interesting

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Very interesting

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:38 pm

The other day I check into acouple of other CC boards. Fat cat, excellent suppies, another I can't remember.
Didn't do Joe's or TMFr
This one seems to be more active.

Back to top Go down

Re: Very interesting

Post by milspec6 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:27 pm

It isn't the end of the season yet. After November they will all be going crazy....mostly trying to sell things. It is so hard to find a carpet cleaner these days that just cleans instead of having a showroom of products to promote.
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:58 am

FatCat was a great board when people used to participate. It wasn't about pimping products, but rather building a business. It got me off the ground and running. There just aren't boards out there that I have found like it.

It died though, a few years ago. Most guys honestly would rather talk about tools or products. Window cleaner boards are the same.

I'm convinced that those people that want to build a business, just aren't gonna waste their time talking tools and modifications.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:45 pm

Well, there are people who start a business to have a business and then there are those who start a business for employment. The real business people don't care at all about the industry, just the business development and usually more on to another every few years.

That is a negative statement, quite the contrary, it is just that to a real business person it is about the business only. They would have no desire to talk about how to be better at the craft, just how to grow a better business.

There is room for both depending on one's goals.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:39 pm

IMO, there is no "real business person". We are all business owners. Nothing wrong with someone wanting a business that supports themselves and not having employees.

I certainly don't want anyone thinking I am looking down my nose at people who are happy being solo.

What I want to be part of though, is what FatCat was. Talking marketing, writing marketing copy, advertising, SEO, and the guts of running a business and GROWING it.

I like it here with down to earth people, don't get me wrong.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:06 pm

I didn't take it that way, I didn't think you were looking down your nose at people. I was just pointing out that there are 2 types of business owners, ones that are focused on the finished product and those that are focused on the bottom line and growth.

A professional business type doesn't care what the business is and often has no real interest in the product / service to begin with. It is simply the vehicle that he/she is utilizing for their real interest....business development. Those people will have zero interest in the nuts and bolts of doing the task.

I think the opposite is true as well. Some have a skill that they enjoy using to make a living and own the business to provide that opportunity, but cares little about marketing and development beyond being busy enough. To that owner, management talk is like an insurance seminar unless work has slowed down, then they take some interest for a quick fix.

I guess there are also the hybrid types as well that combine both in some percentage. Maybe the job portion has become boring or too difficult to perform so the business side becomes the greater focus now?
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:45 am

I have been running solo in the past 2 weeks and I can tell you that I understand completely why some people don’t want any employee, lol.
It’s miserable having to do everything by yourself but it’s also satisfying to be able to do everything the way you want to do it.
Regarding forum, there is a reason that I don’t want to disclose here why I don’t go posting in the other forums, we may only have a few members but I feel all of my questions had always been answered and these few members have enough knowledge that will be able to answer any future questions, nuff said.
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:50 pm

I feel the same way about solo operations...just can't do a lot of it in a day before wearing out. About 6-7 hours of cleaning is my limit in a day.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:33 pm

@dp1 wrote:I have been running solo in the past 2 weeks and I can tell you that I understand completely why some people don’t want any employee, lol.
It’s miserable having to do everything by yourself but it’s also satisfying to be able to do everything the way you want to do it.
Regarding forum, there is a reason that I don’t want to disclose here why I don’t go posting in the other forums, we may only have a few members but I feel all of my questions had always been answered and these few members have enough knowledge that will be able to answer any future questions, nuff said.
I feel that same way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum