Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Rental nightmares again

+3
kevinj6121
Matt; My carpet cleaner
milspec6
7 posters

Go down

Rental nightmares again Empty Rental nightmares again

Post by milspec6 Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 pm

I swore off cleaning rental properties earlier this year, but feeling hungry I accepted 3 of them today.....and never again. I think I will stock shelves and live on soup instead.

They are always the same, carpet is 40 year old shag that is full of soap residue and dog piss. The start of the day fit that bill only it also included chunks of dog poop all over the room. Nope, turned around and walked away from that one.

The second one was old shag that was not even attached to tack strips, just taped down. As soon as I started the carpet ended up folded over in the middle of the room. I had to set paint cans and my airpath on the edges to clean it. Not sure why, it was due for replacement probably 30 years ago and had more colors than a bag of Skittles.

The last job looked to be better from the outside, but the door was locked. I contacted the owner who was in a different city and admitted that he forgot to unlock it and would be back in an hour. It was already getting dark and I was not in the mood to wait an hour and so I suggested that we re-schedule. His answer, "just bust out one of the windows on the garage and reach in".

After a lengthy discussion, I agreed to bust out the window and reach in to unlock the door. Thirty minutes into the cleaning of some more 40 year old badly worn out and stained carpet, I got a visit from the local police responding to the neighbor's report of someone breaking into the house. That took 20 minutes to sort out making a quick job into a lengthy one.

No more. My tank was so full of foam from all the soap residue, the waste tank smelled like an outhouse, and I have to sanitize all my tools now. All for a few hundred bucks? Screw that, no more rental properties for dirt bag slum lords.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Rental nightmares again Empty Re: Rental nightmares again

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:55 pm

Sounds like a t.v. reality show.
I did a rental today, it was bad for my area. No #1 or #2s
I presparayed with powerburst, scrubbed with my new orbital. Then cleaned.
Went from an 8, to a 3. Still had afew spots, but the owner said before hand that he didn't know if he should replace it. fyi- it's for workers on his farm.

I did have to clean up 5 Tootsie rolls the other day... From my terrier.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em... Know when to ruuuunnnnn!
Cat Phones
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Rental nightmares again Empty Rental nightmares again

Post by kevinj6121 Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:46 am

milspec6 wrote:I swore off cleaning rental properties earlier this year, but feeling hungry I accepted 3 of them today.....and never again.  I think I will stock shelves and live on soup instead.

They are always the same, carpet is 40 year old shag that is full of soap residue and dog piss.  The start of the day fit that bill only it also included chunks of dog poop all over the room.  Nope, turned around and walked away from that one.

The second one was old shag that was not even attached to tack strips, just taped down.  As soon as I started the carpet ended up folded over in the middle of the room.  I had to set paint cans and my airpath on the edges to clean it.  Not sure why, it was due for replacement probably 30 years ago and had more colors than a bag of Skittles.

The last job looked to be better from the outside, but the door was locked.  I contacted the owner who was in a different city and admitted that he forgot to unlock it and would be back in an hour.  It was already getting dark and I was not in the mood to wait an hour and so I suggested that we re-schedule.  His answer, "just bust out one of the windows on the garage and reach in".

After a lengthy discussion, I agreed to bust out the window and reach in to unlock the door.  Thirty minutes into the cleaning of some more 40 year old badly worn out and stained carpet, I got a visit from the local police responding to the neighbor's report of someone breaking into the house.  That took 20 minutes to sort out making a quick job into a lengthy one.

No more.  My tank was so full of foam from all the soap residue, the waste tank smelled like an outhouse, and I have to sanitize all my tools now.  All for a few hundred bucks?  Screw that, no more rental properties for dirt bag slum lords.

Wow dude that's pretty bad, i would have had fun being destructive and breaking the window though.
Usually i like a good challenge but if there is pile's of poop i'd have to pass, also when you walk into a place and the smell of urine is so strong you can taste it in your mouth you gotta run not walk from those as well
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:00 am

Actually, the window smashing was the only bright spot.

That house really didn't need a bathroom, they could have just selected a corner of any room and saved the walk. It wouldn't have mattered.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:02 am

gross, we do rentals but not those kind of rentals.

usually those type of slum lords wouldnt come near our prices lol, plenty of $75 guys out there to handle the super slums in my area
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:00 am

I like how the land lord expected the carpet cleaner to pick up shit
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:44 am

Mo wrote:I like how the land lord expected the carpet cleaner to pick up shit

I like how the carpet cleaner said "screw this, I'm out of here". I find that more funny than some slum lord thinking he is gonna get someone else to do his dirty work. I personally find great satisfaction telling someone "NO" when they are being a jerk off.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:20 am

I felt that way to Freemind, driving away from that one cheered me up. A few years ago I would have taken the job out of need, but I don't feel the same way today.

These slum lords have no respect for the people that they are going to rent to and they show no respect for contractors like carpet cleaners either. They don't deserve either in the end.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:14 pm

In a way the slum lords are running their business like a cheapo carpet cleaner.

They rent shitty places for cheap so it gets rented quickly and then the only way they can make money is by putting very minimal amounts of money into the units, so they are nasty slums rented for cheap.

If they put money into the rental homes they would maybe take longer to rent out but they would get quality renters and then could pay for quality services to take good care of the homes.

We used to have a lot of slum lords here but our slum lords are getting rich now... they are all remodeling, making tons on equity, and charging ridiculous rent.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:15 pm

a few buildings we service were pretty crappy apartments, now they all have brand new floors... stainless appliances, etc

and all new tenants paying tons more for rent
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:31 pm

The only nice ones around here are due to insurance money after the massive hail storms and flooding we had a couple of years ago. Those are the only places that have seen updates in 30 years.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:32 pm

ACpower1 wrote:In a way the slum lords are running their business like a cheapo carpet cleaner.

They rent shitty places for cheap so it gets rented quickly and then the only way they can make money is by putting very minimal amounts of money into the units,   so they are nasty slums rented for cheap.  

If they put money into the rental homes they would maybe take longer to rent out but they would get quality renters and then could pay for quality services to take good care of the homes.  

Couldn’t have said it better !

Wow, I hope the cops didn’t draw their guns on you Bob ? Lol
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:55 pm

I'm sure the cops were wondering why they were called in the first place. I don't think too many thieves run hoses into the home unless they are trying to suck out the valuables.

Although, that might actually work for a thief with a TM. Who would expect it?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down