Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Barn door ( box truck ) security concern.

+4
ACE Services
milspec6
Mo
dp1
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Barn door ( box truck ) security concern. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barn door ( box truck ) security concern.

Post by Mo Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:16 am

Looks like you ran out of time. Too bad it took so long to sell the van and TM. Maybe you can amend the profit from the sale of the TM in your 2018 taxes?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Barn door ( box truck ) security concern. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barn door ( box truck ) security concern.

Post by dp1 Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Mo, I sold my van mid last month, I'm the one dragging my feet on this deal due to him not have the pink slip in his hands, I never bought any vehicle without pink slip before, now I'm beating myself up, I can probably still swipe this truck if I go there tomorrow but I have to offer him the same amount which is $ 55 grand including all of the accessories, which probably worth a few thousand dollars, I just don't want to spend that much to begin with, I already have too much crap, I don't need any more stuffs I'm not going to use.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:21 pm

That is blasphemy....every cleaner should have a shed of old equipment and parts that they never use. When you get too old to clean, you already own a junk store to transition into.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:34 pm

Lol, it's easy for you to say, coming from someone that has a home with a few acres of land and tons of room to put / build shed Razz
I can put / build a shed and put it in the backyard but a 10 x 10 already going to take up 1/10th of my total backyard, not to mention it's not easily accessible from my garage.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Go underground....bunkers.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 pm

I did the same with a purchase of a used RV. The seller got the rv from her significant other that passed away. I probably could have titles with a death certificate. If it doesn't feel right you probably did the right thing especially when we're talking 50k. I balled at the deal and it was only a couple of grand
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:42 pm

You're right Mo ! I don't even know if this guy actually exist ( the potential buyer ) he could've just play games trying to get me to buy the whole package.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Now would be a great time for that dude to sign up.  I'll start making some popcorn and settle in for the show.

Are you listening Kurt?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:01 pm

Man, it was insulated and lined as well....would have been a good one.

Oh well, at least you saved yourself from a very boring drive, plus it would have more rust underneath than you would be used to seeing out there.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:03 pm

Lol, I knew you would found the deal Bob, I was worried about the rust as well, did you see the front grill of the machine ? Looks a bit rusted as well, surprise to see that from a 3 years old unit.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:16 pm

milspec6 wrote:Go underground....bunkers.
3 story shed?
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:35 pm

dp1 wrote:Lol, I knew you would found the deal Bob, I was worried about the rust as well, did you see the front grill of the machine ? Looks a bit rusted as well, surprise to see that from a 3 years old unit.

I have been watching it for about a week now waiting to see if you got it. I am not surprised by the rust at all for a vehicle in the midwest. Some States like Iowa still spray a salt brine on the roads and have some of the worst rust on the undercarriages after only a few years. Pennsylvania is another one...not sure about Illinois.

Win some, loss some. Just keep looking.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Those of you who are wondering, here's the link :

http://used.jondon.com/view-classifieds/show-classified/2707/sapphire-870-truck-mount-2014-chevy-4500-truck/il/winnetka/direct-drive/
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Honestly I dont even lock the roll up doors on our box truck.       It parks on the side of my house and the bedroom is literally right above it.    

I installed a security camera system from costco which is cool it alerts my phone anytime there is motion,  and has really good infrared clear as day in complete darkness.  

plus 3 dogs,   2 are belgian shepards and their hearing is pretty unbelievable if someone starts walking down the driveway at all they let the whole neighborhood know... and you cant reach the area where the truck is without going over the fence which has beware of dog signs. Someone casing my house would see 3 K9s guarding all day so its just one of those things where there is much easier people to steal from else ware.

You can get some pretty heavy duty locks either way Dp that would take someone at least a while and a lot of noise to penetrate
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bob savage Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:37 pm

I built a big shop (well BIG enough for me) behind our house. We live in the city, but our lot is 3/4 acre, so I could construct a shop that is 26' wide, and 36' deep. with a 10' ceiling, poured concrete insulated floor, an upstairs with 2X10 bottom cords on the trusses to handle a floor load, heat, plumbing, A/C, Tyvek on the exterior, Pella windows, glulam beam header for 18' wide double garage door, complete computer setup, computers, etc.

I work out there all year long in comfort!

Of course there's no room inside for a vehicle, so they sit outside with heaters in them in the cold months. Very Happy
bob savage
bob savage

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Sounds like a nice shop and where I would like to get at some point. Mine is also those dimensions, but the trusses weren't designed strong enough to handle a floor load (really poor planning by the previous owner). I though about running water and sewer lines as well as heat / ac, but the weak trusses and low door openings of only 7 feet makes me want to knock it down and rebuild instead.

My vehicles are outside as well....even the 1-ton van can't fit under the door height without letting air out of the rear tires or removing the 3rd brake light.....no hope for the box truck.

Some day....
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3