Latest topics
» Blsck friday/Cyber monday for business?
by milspec6 Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:02 am

» Pricing....ouch
by Freemind1 Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:52 pm

» Dang HF......
by milspec6 Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:15 pm

» So I bought a......today
by milspec6 Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:38 pm

» favorite citrus booster additive
by milspec6 Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:54 pm

» The weather doesn't seem to be slowing me down....
by milspec6 Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:50 pm

» Carpet Cleaner Aressted
by milspec6 Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:13 pm

» That's a shame
by milspec6 Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:11 pm

» Going back in time
by milspec6 Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:02 pm

» Expansion of services.
by Freemind1 Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:35 pm

» Trying to get on the forum
by Mo Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:40 pm

by Mo Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:48 pm

» Scaring a Millenial.....
by milspec6 Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:09 pm

» Worst experience ever
by milspec6 Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:43 pm

» The real problem with telemarketers
by dp1 Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Kinda funny

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Kinda funny

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:01 pm

My son went to Michigan on a job assignment. At the airport in Detroit when he was going thru tsa proctal exam; he had 2 local(back home) phone calls from same #. He didn't answer, but 2 hrs later they called again. It was the gun shop calling to tell him his gun suppressor was in.

We joked about "IF" he had answered while TSA agents were around, and his speaker phone was on: and the guy says" your gun suppressor is in". Then the agents all of a sudden are focused on him, he replies to them "he said, tounge depressors!"

Understand that me and my boys joke around at funny things and thought this ->scenario<- was hilarious.

By the way, TSA will now do a "wipe test" on your candy bars but not your apples, for explosive residue.

Back to top Go down

Re: Kinda funny

Post by milspec6 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:16 pm

TSA is one of the worst jobs in the world. It is scrutinized to the point that any mistake gets you immediately fired and they are being tested often. As a result, they treat the customers just as poorly as everyone is a threat to their job.

Forget about a terrorist, the passengers are the biggest threat to a TSA agent's life.
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 pm

I agree, being a TSA agent is not easy, Mike ( my tech ), he's 60 something white guy with a beard, when he went to Missouri last month, he got his boarding pass and it says on there "TSA precheck" so he gets to go to the bypass security line, even though to get the TSA precheck you have to sign up for it, they will run your background check, criminal check, etc, he didn't have TSA precheck membership, he told me I could've been a terrorist and bring something and just walked right in, lol.
Actually my wife got the same thing, her boarding pass when we went to Hawaii was marked TSA precheck, I told her to go to that line to see if it's really TSA precheck, she didn't do it because she doesn't want to go to separate lines.
I'm always curious if they do profiling based on race or just the way you look, but the last few years I've been flying, I have to say they are very fair, sometimes they checked me throughly, other times I see the white guys got checked throughly and they go easy on me, once this caucasian lady was pissed off because they checked her throughly and she saw me just went through metal detector and went on my way.
I can't imagine how difficult not profiling based on race on that kind of workforce, hell if I'm TSA agent, I will strip search everyone that looks middle eastern, lol. I wouldn't last a week before I get in trouble laughing
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:11 pm

One of the countries in Europe has armed security going around watching people, and stopping to ask some, questions. They watch for signs, responsise, action and reactions. To "profile" anyone that may be a concern.
We just ask people do you have "anything to delcare"? Duh!

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:16 pm

When I was training new officers at the Prison I always watched them choose the inmates that they figured wouldn't be difficult to shake down randomly. If the inmate looked angry or just like they would be difficult, they would let them walk right by.

The same appears to be true with the kids working with TSA. I used to get tagged for random searches because I was smiling and polite to people. When I chose to look like I was about blow my top, they all would look at me and then look away to shake down some friendlier target.

It is just human nature and one of the reasons they fail in this country. As was mentioned, there are a lot of foreign airports where they are not the least bit shy and will target those that appear difficult or suspicious...like they should.

Try it the next time you fly, you will find my theory correct.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:47 am

They should start shaking down and profiling people that rent trucks at uhaul
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:55 pm

@Mo wrote:They should start shaking down and profiling people that rent trucks at uhaul

That leaves the Catholics out, they would never rent a truck, just raffle off a Buick.
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:48 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h_GsZWvLQg
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Funny