Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Wall Cleaning

3 posters

Go down

Wall Cleaning Empty Wall Cleaning

Post by milspec6 Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:11 pm

I have to provide an estimate to clean fabric walls on Friday. I have cleaned a lot of old cubicle walls before which are a great job since they were all made of wool, but these are huge moving walls that divide a convention room.

They might still be wool as part of the fire code or else just a poly treated with fire retardants. If it is the latter, I would have to re-treat the fibers to maintain code. I can't imagine that there would be any staining above shoulder height from a person's hands, but the building is old enough to have had active smokers in that building so the entire panels would need cleaning.

I actually run into these requests more often than I would have imagined a few years ago as there really are a lot of places with fabric walls and dividers. I have run into them in theaters, bank safety deposit rooms, recording studios (homes and commercial), radio stations, etc. and our industry really doesn't have the right tool for them....yet.

It should be an interesting one to evaluate....looking forward to doing some hard work again. Wine
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Wall Cleaning Empty Re: Wall Cleaning

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:30 pm

What tool to use?
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:47 pm

That will be the big question as to gaining any efficiency. An upholstery tool worked great for office cubicles, but would take a life time on room dividers or walls.

Stair tools aren't much better and they tend to over-wet as well.

A glided wand is what I have used. but above head cleaning is not a strong suit for wands at all.

What you really need is a an expandable tube, 12 inch head with continuous flow, and a needle valve. Think of an over-sized upholstery tool head with an expandable tube handle.

I guess you could still use a traditional trigger valve and a long solution hose to the head as well, but it might get tiring after awhile.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:43 pm

How much you cleaning? A lot?
Someone made a round steam chambered upholstery tool. That seems like it would do volume cleaning; to me.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:49 pm

True he hoes have a round headed tool that might fit. I will find out tomorrow just how big this job will be.

One of the failings with cleaners is that we tend to focus on the floor only. Walls, chairs, cubicles, etc. are all fair game for an aggressive cleaner.

Have you ever priced the cost of the average office cubicle? They are very expensive and they all get filthy with coffee spills, ink, food splatter, etc.

Seems like a campaign could generate some good returns...especially if you are already in there for the floors.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 pm

given any thought to asking Tony Dang about making you a tool for walls?

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:00 am

I have been drawing up a few ideas...
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:19 pm

Any update?
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:26 am

I will be cleaning them on the 31st. I will take some notes after about what that tool should look like. I do have some thoughts now, but will see how it plays out.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 pm

I just got back from the wall cleaning...interesting.

These walls are 10 ft high and 4 foot wide each, so there is a reach issue even for us tall guys. I ended up using a long handle stair tool to reach the top instead of a platform. That worked pretty well until about waist high and then it was too awkward to use. From there I went with an upholstery tool. It worked, but it was a frustrating job as this material is really prone to showing water streaks...not to mention getting showered upon.

What would have been nice is approaching it like cleaning windows. A 3 foot handle that could be expanded to 5 feet, a wide tool head (interchangeable sizes would be great from 6 inch to 4 feet), enclosed vacuum port. It was just too messy with the open vacuum of a stair tool and upholstery tools are too small to have any efficiency, plus it tended to show more tool marks that way which creates a streaky appearence.

I ended up going back over them 3 times to even out the appearence. Results were very good and should please everyone, but it made for a tougher AND slower job than I accounted for in my bid. I ennded up using the cyclo polisher to scrub up the bad ones, but that took too much time so I hoisted the 15" CRB after awhile, but that isn't much fun.

So, I guess this would be the kind of tool that I would love to see:

Closed vacuum port
Interchangeable heads from 4" to 4' wide
Collapsible tube would be great, but not sure how you could do one without losing vac
No-snag lips as the material is very prone to tears...teflon glides would probably work
Gun style trigger assembly
Lightweight for over-head usage

If you have a head that was as wide as the panel, it would give a very even appearence with a single pass. That would make this job really quick and profitable. This could easily be a pvc tool instead of metal, as we are talking about upholstery settings here so the heat, psi, and vacuum are pretty low to start with.

If the results please them like it should, I will likely see a pretty steady diet of them this month, so I need to start playing with options. Even shortening a 15 inch wide carpet wand to stair tool dimensions might work if it had a closed vacuum port. Some of the same problems would still be present, but it would be quicker than what I had and more effective. Unfortunately, I don't have any closed port wands in my inventory of failed wands to choose from. I will have to scour the local sale sites for one.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down