Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Rx20, Roto Vac, zipper, bronzer, which is best IYO.

+2
milspec6
Cjcann
6 posters

Go down

Rx20, Roto Vac, zipper, bronzer, which is best IYO. Empty Rx20, Roto Vac, zipper, bronzer, which is best IYO.

Post by Cjcann Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:33 am

Thinking of picking up a powered cleaning attachment. Thoughts? Reviews?
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Rx20, Roto Vac, zipper, bronzer, which is best IYO. Empty Re: Rx20, Roto Vac, zipper, bronzer, which is best IYO.

Post by milspec6 Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:52 am

Rx-20 is best on heavy commercial like restaurants...not much else.
Roto-vac is good on residentials...not much else
Zipper...not beneficial anywhere over other tools unless maybe you are running a Vortex, but even then I would pass on it
Bronzer...I am not familiar with that product

IMHO, a CRB addition is of far better value than any of the above devices.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Rx20, Roto Vac, zipper, bronzer, which is best IYO. Empty Re: Rx20, Roto Vac, zipper, bronzer, which is best IYO.

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:46 pm

Depends on what you need it for? Res, comm....
Like Rob said.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:54 pm

Get a rotovac 360i for soiled residential carpet and titanium wand for not so soiled residential and any commercial carpet, rx 20 is way too heavy and too expensive imo.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:56 am

Sorry for the delay in responding, mainly high end res. Stick with the wand?
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:09 pm

eldiabloz wrote:Sorry for the delay in responding, mainly high end res. Stick with the wand?

Depends on the carpets condition, most high end resi won’t need rotary since they are usually well maintained. However I would still put a rotary in the van just in case, even though you do mostly high end resi, once in a while you would still clean condos or middle class homes that are not always maintained regularly, to be honest, I forgot when was the last time I used my 360i but I have a peace of mind when I see that thing in my van.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:04 pm

I haven't needed the rotary on residential since getting the CRB. Unless you are doing rentals, spend your money there instead.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:07 pm

CRB definitely works well, but if you’re running solo, it will take more time cleaning because it’s an additional step.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:09 pm

It is an additional step but an important one in my view. I use it on every single residential job and explain it to the customer as to why. It will get animal fur out of carpet that no other tool can get and when it comes to animal odors, you have to remove the animal. As long as there is some fur deep down in the fibers, it will activate the odor when you introduce moisture...ie wet dog. It also makes sense just as agitation in the washing machine or even when washing your hands, you would never do either with just running water.

A CRB is very practical, effective, and impresses the customer without having to drag around a rotary. It does add time to the job, so it will slow you down, but the benefits are worth it to me.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:54 am

So which crb do you recommend?, I do have the small Bissell rotary, which I love for wood floors and greasy tile applications
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:20 pm

That bissel will work but wont have the weight, width, and agitation of an OP machine or 175. A CRB does a better job removing hair. Its just a pain in the ass to cleaning the brushes
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:12 pm

Depnds on how you clean them Mo. I hold an auto upholstery brush against them and turn the CRB on while spraying with the psi hose. I guess that can be viewed as an inconvenience, but not too bad. After a bad job, the brushes get soaked in a cleaning solution first. Still, for what it does, it is well worth it.

As for which one? My suggestion is to get a 15 inch, any brand, and skip the collection trays. I really don't think the brand matters as they all appear to be re-branded machines anyway. They will tell you different, but the first one that I bought came with the decal of one brand in a sealed shipping box of another. When I contacted the seller about the difference, he told me that they buy them from the same builder and re-brand them. They just mixed up the boxes. I promised to give away the secret by naming names, but it was a "well-known" brand.

You just need one that works, the frills are not necessary and often worthless anyway. At 15 inch, it is still small enough to use on stairs without it being too heavy or bulky. The brushes will last you probably as long as the machine does, so extras are not really needed either.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:50 pm

CRB for sure. We only rotary clean the heavy pet stain jobs.

CRB + wand is much faster than just wand, surprisingly... its an extra step but after the learning curve of it you really get productive.

Plus your referral game will go through the roof.. there are probably 100 carpet cleaners in any big city that spray+wand, you can swim in a sea of them or charge 2x as much and stand above and beyond.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down