Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

closer to home

5 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

closer to home Empty closer to home

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:39 am

With recent school shooting, 
Today, my sons school is in lock down because of a social media threat to someone.
Just recently;
3 teens recently arrested for a death threat and 1 brought a gun to school. At a school 25 min south of me.
2 teens arrested for felony assault at a school 40 min south of me. 1 gun found at that school.
Our sheltered school life here, no longer. These things have never been issues(as far as I am aware).
My sister in law sub's at the school, and I would have heard of any incidents, if they happened.
I believe that the issues in school and violence is the way kids learn to deal with it; is our society's own doing. 
I won't go into what I think are the root of "why were where we at..." 

In the words of Rodney King," can't we all just get along".

Last edited by Matt; My carpet cleaner on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

closer to home Empty Re: closer to home

Post by milspec6 Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:34 pm

When I was interviewing for those SRO jobs, I researched the student's comments on the school's Facebook page and they all talked about bullying and that faculty never do anything about it. I think that is where the problems start, the view that the adults are not doing anything about it. In our days, schools were pretty regimented and disciplined, so you knew that if someone got out of line, they would be dealt with and they were.

I still remember one bully being stuffed into a locker by the gym teacher and left there until the parents arrived to get him. They didn't joke around back then and we didn't have any of the garbage that we see now either. We let schools get run by very liberl people and discipline is not part of that environment which I think is where the problem exists. Kids need limits, they need rules, and they need discipline...they actually thrive on it.

That is as political as I will get on this forum, but it is happening around here as well.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:20 pm

I had to go back an edit. Some points I made came out wrong. FYI, incase anyone read my mistakes.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:45 pm

Well, I am not sure what the edits were, but I think it makes the same points. We had a 10 year old get arrested today for making "threatening comments" on a social media page. I think we are getting a little carried away now, but once people get started it often turns out this way.

The police are now arresting kids for doing what we all laughed at in movies like "The Bad News Bears".
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:49 pm

I think schools getting shot up is a tragedy.

We created it though. It's not going to get better by attacking gun rights. It's not going to get better when we are told we have to treat abnormalities like they are normal and natural. Its not going to get better when we substitute a foot in someone's ass, for ignoring the problem.

There are a lot of things that need changed. Not the least of which should be men being allowed to be men and stop acting like men should be women.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:19 pm

I was just watching Tanner of the ?Bad News Bears" threaten to fight everyone on the opposing team...I laughed yet that behaviour gets 10 year olds arrested and medicated now. Quite a world.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:33 pm

I'm with you. I just told someone else that's the main thing with people today. If you slap someone on the wrist for doing the same thing over and over even when they know its wrong why should they stop. Now before I say this, I am now saying bet a child, but when I was a kid and did something wrong I got my A$$ tore up the next time I thought about doing something wrong like that. I would think do I want my butt spanked again, most times no think you.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:31 pm

I grew up the same way ACE. Concepts of right and wrong or win and lose were understood. Doesn't seem to be the case anymore and we can look at society / adults for the reason.

Personally, this new core math would probably have been enough to send me on a shooting spree. I had enough trouble with algebra.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:08 pm

Lol, algebra I was good with reading righting, and rithmetic. Why make it complicated.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:42 pm

ACE Services wrote:I'm with you. I just told someone else that's the main thing with people today. If you slap someone on the wrist for doing the same thing over and over even when they know its wrong why should they stop. Now before I say this, I am now saying bet a child, but when I was a kid and did something wrong I got my A$$ tore up the next time I thought about doing something wrong like that. I would think do I want my butt spanked again, most times no think you.

You nailed it Ed !!
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down