Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Dress Code

4 posters

Go down

Dress Code Empty Dress Code

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:24 pm

This has always been an issue with me. When I see cleaners out on the job, they all dress like pissed off high schoolers instead of professional cleaners. Dirty atheletic shoes, stained / ripped pants or shorts, t-shirts, sweat-stained ball caps, etc. seem to be the dress code for most cleaners unless they are posing for their website. I understand the need to be comfortable and it can be a messy job, but what image is this industry giving to the public on a daily basis?

Clean tools and van is important as is the attire of those entering people's homes in my view. I expect that from every contractor that has entered my home and would think the same to be true with most people. After-hours commercial is a different story as nobody sees you except the security camera, but residential and daytime commercial it should matter. I had a prospective employee join me today to clean a small office in town. The goal was to teach him how to do things on a simple job and I told him dress in a "casual business" attire. Jeans were okay as long as the were clean and presntable. I was providing the company logo polo shirt. He showed up unshaved, hair was a mess, dirty jeans, dirty and tore up shoes, and didn't shower.

It just shocks me how people don't seem to think that appearences matter. I sent him away, I don't have a desire to be the guy's parent, he should know how to present himself in a professional manner. Dude was 27 years old for pete's sake...he should know better. It just drives me crazy.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Dress Code Empty Re: Dress Code

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Okay, despite the cheesey pose and ugly mug....this is my dress code. Casual yet professional. I do run short-sleeve polo shirts with cargo shorts in the Summer and also use a white logo'd shirt (like in the avatar) when conducting a sales call, but the attire is always professional.

It doesn't seem like an unreasonable expectation for this industry.

Dress Code Me10
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:00 am

It's not an unreasonable expectation for ANY industry.

I've said it before, but today's generation/world doesn't VALUE clean like they used to. Go back and look at that dude's living space, and I'd bet it reflects why he looked like he did when he showed up.

People are becoming more dirty. People will live in filth that would have been called disgusting not that many years ago.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:10 am

I agree, I have seen that first hand as well.  I think it has a lot to do with the way people interact these days..it is all social media instead of social visits.  One would never allow a house to become too messy a decade ago since you might have company coming over, sometimes unexpetedly.  These days, nobody visits.

OF course that would also mean that residential carpet cleaning is going to be a thing of the past except for home sales.  Commercial seems unaffected, but then even they don't get frequented as much since a lot of shopping is done online these days.  Food locations and bars seem to still be busy enough, so there will always be work available in that way.

Things are still so slow that I had to accept that miserable job of cleaning event chairs again this week.  Over 400 of those bastards...kills my back every time, but it is the only thing that I could book outside of some small office work.  It might actually be a dying industry...might be time to consider that reality.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:51 am

I agree, and it's only going to get worse with this generation.
It's also slow down here, Yelp keep calling and persuading me to get on higher advertising plan, I kept telling them no, not until spring anyway.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 am

I have been getting a lot of Yelp calls already as well. We have great weather this week, but so far not much has moved the needle with people. I was supposed to be cleaning a bunch of furniture today, but it was called off when the customer reported a possible gas leak. Not sure if it was true or if she changed her mind and just didn't want to admit it.

I do have another 450 event chairs to clean tomorrow (hate that job), but the phone is dead again otherwise. What is normally my biggest month is looking to be one of the worst in 5 years unless something crazy happens over the the next 2 weeks.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:25 pm

Slowest record breaking months seem to be trend for me this year. So much for trumps 2000 dollar bonus for everybidy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:33 pm

Thats a sweet looking set up Bob.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:14 pm

Thanks Mo, it is a nice rig...too bad it never has any work to do.

We have ice and snow back in the forecast on Friday so I am already seeing people crawling back into their winter glum instead of thinking Spring. Damn weather is going to put me out of business. At least tomorrow is 6-7 hours of solid pain cleaning those chairs. It doesn't help me this month as I will not see payment for 2-3 weeks, but it helps April.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down