Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

To be the boss

3 posters

Go down

To be the boss Empty To be the boss

Post by milspec6 Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:55 pm

I got roped into cleaning a cat lady house today...a rough one. What was worse is that it was a very odd duplex that used to be offices at one time. As a result, it did not have a driveway, there was no street parking allowed, and the former parking lot had been converted to storage units. All that I had was an alley that ran past the building. It was only a living room and one bedroom job, so 30 minutes was all that I needed. I parked in the alley and set out cones. This alley ran for 2 blocks to the other opening so I figured that anyone who might turn onto it would surely see that it was blocked and take another route....not so much it turned out.

As I was finishing the job, I watched a mini-van turn into the alley and drive all the way to my van. When she realized that she couldn't get by it, she laid on the horn. I was not about to disengage my hoses and move just for this motorist. Sure, I was blocking the access, but she could clearly see that 2 blocks away. After a few minutes of steaming, the driver backed up and turned around, but then parked in a Church parking lot down the street waiting for me to return to the van.

She came over and started screaming at me while I loaded up my tools. I remained calm and explained why I blocked the alley and how I really didn't feel like discussing it since everything smelled of cat pee including me. She wouldn't let it go and kept calling me every name in the book for about 5 minutes. I finally had enough and told that if she had anything more to say to call my boss and pointed to the number on the van. She whipped out her cell and told me that I better be ready to find another job as she dialed. When I pulled my ringing phone out of my pocket, I just smiled at her.

It is good to be the boss.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

To be the boss Empty Re: To be the boss

Post by dp1 Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:35 pm

Ha..ha.... I tried that before but quickly turn my phone to silent, just to get that idiot off my back, had to try your way next time, lol, I wish you have a camera to snap that priceless picture of her face when she realized you’re the boss laughing
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:26 pm

I so wish that I did as well...it was the highlight of my year so far. I can't say the same for the cat pee smell in my van and tools though. This is the second day of scrubbing everything down and allowing it to dry in the Sun, but the smell lingers. I even dumped a full bottle of RV Black Water Enzyme treatment in my waste tank in hopes of ridding the smell.

How she lived under that smell is beyond me!
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:20 pm

Rob, been there-done that.
Cat lady here was part of rescue OP. She would have 4-8 cats. A couple in the house, rest in her shed. Nurse them back to health, then they go to animal shelter for adopt.
She had 'her' own cat, in the house. And that's were the problem started. Cats would spray on the corner of furniture, it would run down the leg and dry. Creating kinda a sticky glue, so the furniture would stick to the carpet.
I tried to fire her. She couldn't understand that. Tried to pass her off to another CC. I even blocked her ph#, so she would get a busy signal when she called. She found some old address info online and sent a postcard to My brother(previous owner). My sis in-law called me about the card and was about to tell me the name and #; I stopped her and said- I know who it is......
Cleaned for the catlady 1 more time. Then told her I was no longer going to do residential cleaning. It worked.
Now: with the slow winter I've had, if she had called, I would have....? Considered it, then slap myself to remind me....
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:23 pm

Not only does the smell linger on and on...
Even have a problem with tasting the smell.
You have to experience it to understand.
Going thru a smokers cleaning issue about lingering smells
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:13 pm

I know that taste.  I have cleaned up the hoses both inside and out and all is good except for the waste tank.  That one is fighting me.  What made it all worse is that I am allergic to cats so trying to clean a place like that was murder.  All last night my sinuses were congested which might have been a blessing as the smell would only have been worse.

I will say though that the easiest way to clean vac hoses is to run the TM up to speed and just start dropping towels soaked in deodorizer or a biocide into the hose.  After about the 4th one, all is good.  The neighbors look at me funny watching the rags shoot through 300 feet of coiled hoses like a rodent is running through them.  The kid in me finds it actually quite fun.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:45 am

Yeah, cat urine smells are really bad, there is only one that’s worse, rabbits pee, if y’all see that job, y’all better run as far as possible, I tried cleaning an area rug with joedorcide, the urine smell just laughed at me, treated again with stronger dilution, didn’t budge, tried again with 50 - 50 dilution, still smell like urine, gave up, rolled the hoses, didn’t charge the customer, that smell stayed in my waste tank for the next 3 - 4 jobs Mad
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Funny you mentionded the Joedercide. I soaked my CRB brushes in buckets containing a generic prespray and heavy peroxide for hours. Even after extensive rinsing with a psi washer, the urine smell remained. Next, I soaked them in a Jodercide for about an hour prior to rinsing again.....so much better. Sadly, I spilled some Jodercide on the floor in my van at full strength as well. It killed the pee odor, but is so strong that it burns the eyes so now I have to clean that up.

Get the cat to kill the mouse, get the dog to rid the cat.....
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down