Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Lectured by potential customer

4 posters

Go down

Lectured by potential customer Empty Lectured by potential customer

Post by milspec6 Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:37 pm

This is a first for me, I had a potential customer call me about 8 times today from an out of state number. I don't answer out of state numbers any more so I ignored them. When I got home for the day, that same person texted me asking for a call-back and explaining that they were a military couple which is why their cell number was from a different state. I called them back and was told that I was to clean their house on Friday at 4 pm. Didn't ask to schedule, if I had openings, etc., just told me to be at their house.

Maybe they were used to giving orders, but I laughed and turned them down. She sounded shocked and wanted to know what I meant by saying no? I hung up. Do you think she understood it then? laughing

I pride myuself on not being rude to anyone, but I am already working on my 26 day without a day off so I value what little time I can find and certainly do not like being ordered around. I own this business, I say what jobs that I take.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Lectured by potential customer Empty Re: Lectured by potential customer

Post by Freemind1 Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:58 pm

Giving me orders, is the fast way to get fired as well. I am willing to work with people, but it's going to be a two way street.

Order me around, and you can call someone else. They can't write the check big enough to order me around.....

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:21 am

Wow that's crazy. Can you imagined if you actually cleaned for them. They would habe never been happy and would have never stopped calling you about everything
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:58 pm

I agree, they would be a nightmare to work for with their attitude. Clearly they see service industries like people they can boss around. It was just so strange to get such an ultimatum like that out of the blue.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:10 pm

I'm glad you slapped them back tonreality
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Wow, I would have to disagree with y'all, I wouldn't turn those kind of customers down right away, I would first politely give them an estimate, double my regular rate of course, $ 0.80 / sq ft for wall to wall carpet, $ 2 / sq ft for synthetic area rug, you get where I'm going, lol.
Sometimes these people end up being the easiest customer you deal with, they may just had bad experience with carpet cleaners, that's why they are acting that way on the phone.
By the way, are they from LA ? Lol
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:41 pm

Anyone who is that much trouble from the start, isn't going to be any easier to work with, IMO.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Normally, I am the nice guy Dp and would probably tried a softer approach, but I just don't have the time any longer for such a customer. I will be cleaning a home tomorrow including 7 pieces of furniture for a long-time customer of mine. She calls and asks when it was convenient for me to schedule her and adjusts her time accordingly. I wish I had a 100 customers like her.

I am just not in the mood for "takers" these days who just want to boss me around. It might have paid well, but it would have been a negative experience...at least I would sure have bet on that outcome.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:57 pm

I don't D P that's the kind of person that will never be happy with the work no matter how good it is and doubt full that they would pay tour prices lol
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:38 pm

I know you are Bob ! And I’m sure you’re right, since I didn’t hear the exact tone of the customer, I’m just saying the market is different, I hardly have any customer demand me to get it done at particular day and time but once in a great while I got one like that, and usually Mo, the ones you can’t please, are the ones that want pennies on the dollar and will back down fast as soon as I give them a high price, but I’ve also had one or two over the last 8 years we’ve been in LA that I got really good money out of them because they are just rich and they are used to boss people around and wanted cleanings done at certain day and time that they have time, I’m talking about close to $ 1,000 or even more.
I’ve also had one that I can remember don’t mind my prices but when I asked her politely to call me back in about an hour because I was cleaning at the time, she got really upset and told me calmly but very feisty, you’re asking ME, the customer to call you back ? So I just apologized and I told her that I’ll call her back to let her know what the availabilities are there, she still lashed out for 5 minutes after that before we were done speaking, so I called her back after I was done and told her that the soonest appointment available is next month, she told me that’s too late, I’ll call someone else, lol.
LA definitely has more weird and feisty people and I had to deal with them from time to time.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down