Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Poll on code of conduct

+12
Ryan S
Freemind1
Bonnet Pro
REALCLEAN
( miller ) gerry
Pro Touch
Bill Soukoreff
Joe Bristor
Davey Cracker
ODIN
milspec6
Mo
16 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do we want to see distributors, manufactures arguing, cursing and airing their dirty laundry on this forum?

Poll on code of conduct - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Poll on code of conduct - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
Poll on code of conduct - Page 2 Vote_lcap61%Poll on code of conduct - Page 2 Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 17 ]
Poll on code of conduct - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Poll on code of conduct - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

Poll on code of conduct - Page 2 Empty Re: Poll on code of conduct

Post by Freemind1 Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:18 pm

I have said before, I don't care to see the arguing. That said, I voted I don't care. As in I don't care that folks air their problems or point out what they see as wrong doing.

What Joe says about reviews, you have to see that there is a lot of sense in what he is saying. If you worked for someone, you feel that you can't be FULLY open and honest about pay and work environment. We may walk into the nastiest clean situation but we reassure that we can do the work AND we have seen worst. RIGHT?!

I have NO reason to believe Joe would ever mislead us or tell lies about someone. Joe may not like Mikey, but he at least gives him credit where it is due. It is just something to demonstrate Joe has food character. He calls it like he sees it.

Mods and admins picking favorites and siding with one or the other seems like something goofy to do. You are entitled to your opinion, but now you want all of us to "vote" someone off the island? WTH?! Foster, are you here someplace?  Rolling Eyes 

I would not expect Joe to be any different than we know him to be. Free speech unless someone gets all butt hurt, perhaps?

You will NEVER find a board where others all agree. But you will find MANY boards that pull juvenile behavior.. Is this gonna be one too?

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Mo Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Who said this was a vote to get Joe off the board? This is getting crazy.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Nobody is getting rid of anybody, let's put that to rest.

This board is only about 6 mos. old, you have to expect some wobbly legs when it walks. The poll is just to gauge the members feelings on the dust up, so we can adapt if needed going forward....sometimes people are reluctant to say anything, but they will cast a vote.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:11 pm

I could give two cents about the language. I don't like sexual content, period. That is why I leave most forums, I hate trash. The F bomb doesn't bother me, I don't use it but that's me.

I completely appreciate how Joe expresses the truth. He is fighting for the RC, and now the RC wants to cut his throat? Why, cause he called someone out? Crazy!

I'm better today for how I have learned from Joe on how to evaluate Chems, equipment, ect.... Why? Because I have never trusted the industry suppliers, I'm dealing with it now! They cheat, lie, and do what ever it takes to sell you ANYTHinG on their floor. I just fired one last week. Cost me $160 bucks, of which I didn't owe. But your fired right Sunbelt USA? Right Ryan Scoggins? You can be my friend all you want, but don't screw me in my business cause your company made a BIG mistake. Then you expect me to PAY you for it. Really? So I fired you! You could have made it right but you choose to take greed for your route of resolution. Not anymore. Sucks huh?

I could care less if we have BIG BOY suppliers here! I know where to go if I want your stuff. Does that make you feel unwelcome? It shouldn't, it should make you want it know why we feel this way, it should make you want to evolve. Wait you don't have to do you? You have millions of morons uneducated drinking your as Joe says "Yes" milk.

Why should we waver from this RC model? We do because the big suppliers are telling us you need me you need me. We don't ! We don't! The RC model is why we have a following. Because everyday more find it and everyday more begin the change. You see you just dint switch you change, evolve. It's a process.

Again I learn so much from the context of what Joe post, even the long ones, that can get extremely deep. So turn your back if you want, jump in the bed with the pretty colors and shinny satire front, but remember when it all falls apart around you, remember it was YOU that left.

STAY
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:16 pm

REALCLEAN wrote:The life and death of a message board is its mods imo.  Much more than the posters.  

When mods start pulling rank and picking sides because of their personal feelings, ex. deleting posts, I get lost.

I don't take myself seriously enough to get hurt feelings.  I also have no respect for others that do.

I find TCL to be informative and entertaining.

Well put and I agree with you...I'm lost here too. I must have missed something, maybe there was a meeting or a phone call that I don't kow about, but I don't know why there is so much talk about kicking someone off the island, cutting throats, or banning people. When was this put out?

This board was founded on the idea of being different than the others. A group of real cleaners supporting each other and creating a new way of doing business...free of dishonesty and with respect to each other. It isn't always going to be smooth water and we had a few waves this week...no big deal, we move on. Do we address the language...that is for the members to decide and why Mo added the poll.

I have spent plenty of time reading the posts and I see strong support for Joe and the message that he is trying to deliver, so I don't know where all the talk is coming from about getting rid of anyone. This isn't about wanting to get rid of Joe or anyone else for that matter, it was about the way that it was presented and if it needed to be addressed....members will decide that.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:58 pm

Well let me see Joe was the first one to mention throwing him off the board,"

"There's about twenty of you regulars here.
I want to see a minimum of 20 responses to a Poll.
The Poll is real simple, do want me here or do you want me gone?
Real Simple. Know that if you keep me I will be as 'rude' as Erik says I am.
It won't bother me if you say Go, just please tell the truth.
Can you all do that?"

Then Freemind says this, " You are entitled to your opinion, but now you want all of us to "vote" someone off the island? WTH?! Foster, are you here someplace?  "

Let me tell you something Freemind. If I get fed up with Joe you'll know because you'll try log in to The Cleaners Lounge and it will be gone.

When I started this forum up I told Joe that he would always have a place to hang hat at the lounge and that I would never ban him.

But I will not be his" Yes" man If disagree with him I will let him know.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:23 pm

Mo wrote:Who said this was a vote to get Joe off the board? This is getting crazy.

Yea really, I agree!...........WTF?!?!
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:35 am

Disclaimer: I hope that no one takes offense to this post. It is not specifically about the conflict or content that started this thread. I am not taking sides and I am not saying whether or not I agree or disagree with the messages from either side contained in the argument. That is irrelevant...

Maybe I'm just plain stupid, but I thought the poll was about conduct - not kicking someone off. Like I said before I don't like conflict and I don't like to fight, but I can curse and hit below the belt with the best of you. I used to do it a lot especially with my evil X. At this point in life (all of us being strong minded, opinionated, professional adults) the question should be why do any of us need to act that way on an open forum - like a bratty teenager or my ex-wife  Evil or Very Mad  . If I have to talk to my wife and she gets like that I hang up. When my teen daughters act like that I reprimand them.

I don't want to see anyone banned now or ever. I have learned a lot from many of you and have learned a lot from myself while helping some of you. And, I really enjoy just being able to "hang out" with a bunch of people who I have a lot in common with.

Finally my point is this forum should be a place to "Connect, Learn and Prosper". Not a place to Piss, Moan, and Degrade. If you have a personal beef with another member use the phone or e-mail and work it out, or don't... But don't subject the rest of us to childish behavior. We can get that at home or on TV. We should all have enough self control and self respect to adhere to an unwritten rule of decorum. If that becomes impossible then my vote down the road would be to put in place, and enforce a set of written rules... Sad 
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:53 am

Who was gonna through the flag?  Or were we all gonna just try to learn alone the hard way. That's why we have the "Connect" part in the mission statement of this forum.

Why doesn't Joe have a fair voice, it's his floater/loaner program. It maybe Eric's zipper but the program and Zipper is funded by Wanders. His program was screwed through what was said and then when Someone's steps in that doesn't even actively have a presents here and stands in the lime light like they are the star. I call BS on it. That's why Joe said what was said. I would have too.

I'm
Not sticking up for Joe at all. Just stating facts of what I read in the post. So of you guys just get all upset when somebody calls a spade a spade. Heck it pisses me off when guys just show up around here with out an active presence and ramble about things that are so great. I'll say it. These guys who just vanish. MiA for almost two months and now show up to give us a review. Where have you been?  

If this is conflict with my being a mod the. So be it. I'd rather be transparent of my opinions than guard my tongue.

P.s.  I'm not being scorned by Mo. He will address me of he feels I'm out of line.  Just making an open statement for the members to understand my view point.

Last edited by Ryan S on Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Soukoreff Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:18 pm

Are talking about me Joe?

Bill Soukoreff

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:49 pm

Joe, you stay sir !
Secondly as much as I eagerly wanted to click "don't care" on the poll, I can't, the reason why is the same reason we don't drop the F bomb to our customers, we are either Erik's customer or potential customers.
Third, I'd like to tell everyone to calm the F down, lol, j/k, we could use a joke right about now, can't we ?
MO, I'd like to give you the highest credit in all of these since I would have no clue handling these issues but you did it sir, hats off to you :-)
Lastly, just wanna wish everyone to have a blessed weekend :-)
Wait, one more thing, Mo, can I have ban immunity too ?? Razz ha..ha..ha....
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:54 pm

I took the time to write the code of conduct for the board today, The whole thing took me 7 hours. Mo can decide to use it or not.

Here it is..

Cleaners Lounge Code of Conduct for 2014

Chapter 1

BE A MAN.

The end.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ( miller ) gerry Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:24 pm

Terry, I'll drink one with you. I am not scarred. Cheers

( miller ) gerry
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.gemscarpetcleaningplus.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:50 pm

ODIN wrote:hey I'm the only one around here that can drink and post

I haven't even break the johnny walker yet, lol Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:39 am

I was so good for most of the weekend and not reading the forum. Today I accidentally clicked on the cleaners lounge link on my tool bar and that was it I had to read. Bye the way if this forum is causing you some stress and you find yourself getting too wrapped up in the drama take a couple of days off. It is good for you. i've been so consumed with this forum for the last 4 months and I didn't realize how much until I took a step back

It seems like things have calmed down since I was last here and I'm glad to see that. I think the net time the sheet hits the fan I'm just going to lgf off for a couple of days Very Happy 

Joe (Carpet Daddy) Thanks for posting your opinion on the subject of the poll. Please keep contributing I really admire you as a person and business man.

Ryan,

Stating your opinion is what this forum is all about please keep doing that.  Last week Ryan was going to spend well over 200.00 of his own money to buy shirts and promo items to help raise funds for the the forum. That's how generous he is and how much he believes in the principles of this forum. I told him no we'll find another way.

Rob, I like the way you respond to drama on the forum by relating to experiences in your life and calming things down.

Andy, You crack me up.

Gerry, DP, and Terry lay off the sauce. Wait that was Saturday go for it.

Joe Take a couple of days off the forum it's good for you. The sooner we get this behind us the better. I can tell you that a high percentage of the people here what you to stay including me. But I will start one for you. Bye the way anyone should be able to start a poll here.

Here's my dilemma. The two guys that you are no longer selling to did so because I asked for opinions on the Zipper. So I can not in good conscious continue purchasing from you either. Which is a shame because I really like the stuff you sell.

With regards to the poll 24 people voted.

14 people vote No
7 people didn't care
4 people votes yes

I think we can close the poll now. I will be moving post that are directly related to evaluation of the  Zipper to the zipper thread
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:24 am

The poll is misleading on weather one wants Joe to stay or not, If Joe wants a poll, it should say, Do you want Joe to Leave? Yes or NO.

I like for anyone to be able to speak their mind, if another disagrees, then challenge them on it, let the sword fight of ideas take place!

As for Joe, I love that he is not afraid to say what he thinks, . He Offers cool contests and makes stuff fun for us, and encourages that we help each other. The man is refreshingly blunt, and I love that!

On the other hand, lets face it, He can be a complete jerk at times and sometimes to those that don't deserve it. (IMO)

I think true friends are not suck ups,

a friend should step up and challenge Joe if he feels he's been wrong on something. I think Joe would appreciate that? I applaud Mo for doing just that, and basically saying" hey Joe, I asked for the feed back, if the guys get cut off then it's my fault and I should be as well."

That's the kind of honesty I think Joe likes, needs, rather then a bunch of suck ups.

I'm guilty on two occasions were I though he was out of line and never brought it to his attention how I felt, (because I like him and didn't want to piss him off) , rather I just avoided ordering stuff from him with out telling him why.

He deserves better then that from Me. Joe. I owe you a phone call to see if we can sort it out.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:57 am

The poll is not about asking Joe to leave. It's about weather or not the members if this forum want to read other disagreement between distributors.

POLL QUESTION
"Do we want to see distributors, manufactures arguing, cursing and airing their dirty laundry on this forum?"

So you either don't want to see them disagree, or you like it, or you don't care. That's it.

Joe asked for an up or down vote for him to stay. With the 20 vote count.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Soukoreff Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:22 pm

Ryan S wrote:Who was gonna through the flag?  Or were we all gonna just try to learn alone the hard way. That's why we have the "Connect" part in the mission statement of this forum.

Why doesn't Joe have a fair voice, it's his floater/loaner program. It maybe Eric's zipper but the program and Zipper is funded by Wanders. His program was screwed through what was said and then when Someone's steps in that doesn't even actively have a presents here and stands in the lime light like they are the star. I call BS on it. That's why Joe said what was said. I would have too.

I'm
Not sticking up for Joe at all. Just stating facts of what I read in the post. So of you guys just get all upset when somebody calls a spade a spade. Heck it pisses me off when guys just show up around here with out an active presence and ramble about things that are so great. I'll say it. These guys who just vanish. MiA for almost two months and now show up to give us a review. Where have you been?  

If this is conflict with my being a mod the. So be it. I'd rather be transparent of my opinions than guard my tongue.

P.s.  I'm not being scorned by Mo. He will address me of he feels I'm out of line.  Just making an open statement for the members to understand my view point.

Thats right Ryan, I don't post allot. For the last 8 years, I only post here and there and on many boards. I bet I have been one of Joe's customers longer then most here. I posted my review because that is what we each agreed to. What all 4 of us?

Moe asked me to post it. I did.

I will defend people I think are people of integrity. I defended Eric and I defended Greenie years ago to Joe. Joe wanted to ban me back then, but I refuse to let Joe push me around or tell him how to run my business. I did not sign up to the army and don't want or need a drill sergeant as you or someone else explained.

Joe turning on me speaking volumes. I finally see the true Joe for myself. Its funny Joe thinks removing me from his list is some kinda of punishment. I barely have bought anything from Joe in the last two years. Check my purchase history Joe. You really think that is supposed to hurt me? The only thing I buy now is the filter bags which Mark Saiger turned me on to a cheaper supply that are even better quality.

Thats said I always really liked Joe and defended him on many occasions. But like the hundreds before me, if you don't let him control you, he turns on you. So be it. I really do wish you guys all the best. I am not vindictive or leaving here angry. I just can't stand by to see good people like Eric dragged through the mud because he wants to sell his product and won't let Joe push him around and dictate who he can sell to or not. I not talking about the Zipper. I talking about Joe's comment at Eric personally.

Mo, you are stand up guy, and I think your doing awesome in handling all of this. But it's clear to me, that this negativity and nonsense with Joe will continue in the future. Another guy, another cause. Just does not interest me. So I will take this opportunity to leave with Eric.

Bill Soukoreff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next