Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

OP Machine Trinity,Mini maxx, Cimex

+3
REALCLEAN
Mo
Seaswril
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OP Machine Trinity,Mini maxx, Cimex  Empty OP Machine Trinity,Mini maxx, Cimex

Post by Seaswril Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:31 pm

Looking to buy a new machine,need some feed back on the best one. Does Joe sell any OP Machine?

Seaswril

http://ShullsCapetcleaning.com

Back to top Go down

OP Machine Trinity,Mini maxx, Cimex  Empty Re: OP Machine Trinity,Mini maxx, Cimex

Post by Mo Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:45 pm

No Joe doesn't sell any OP machines. Our sponsor John at Bonnet Pro is having a sale on his Mini Max I'm not sure if this is the special pricing that he is currently offering but it's the one on his site

http://bonnetpro.com/carpetmax/minimax-pricing.html

I own an Orbot good machine, looks cool, handle folds down but I have had to replace the bearings on them twice already. I have to go through Waxie to order parts and their pricing is outrageous.

Something I learned today HOS USA is no longer selling 17 in pad or velcro divers so essentially the ORBOt (TAZ) is a 15 inch machine now. I think they did that so that it doesn't put as much stress on those bearings on the counter weight balance.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

OP Machine Trinity,Mini maxx, Cimex  Empty Re: OP Machine Trinity,Mini maxx, Cimex

Post by Mo Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:47 pm

Are you going to use the machine primarily for commercial or residential?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaswril Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:03 pm

Commercial 90 % ,do you have any time with a challenger they are only 15 inch also but have no spray system. Priced right $1600.00

Seaswril

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaswril Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Yes i saw the pro bonnet ,but i don't like not having wheels on the back. I have a old trinity that i use.

Seaswril

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:20 pm

Yeah I owned a 15 inch Challenger built like a tank very reliable but too small for commercial. The bigger Challenger I don't know much about but from what I recall a guy that owned didn't like it.

What do yo mean the mini max doesn't have wheels on the back?

OP Machine Trinity,Mini maxx, Cimex  Mini_mainpic_noflag
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaswril Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:01 pm

its a swing machine. I want one with wheels,like the orbot. Less strain on the back.

Seaswril

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:03 pm

Yeah that was the reason I didn't like the Challenger.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Rick at Excellent Supply sells the Oreck Low Bow as a private label now. Its the best option for the money in my opinion. The Trinity is also a nice machine for more money.

I have an HOS Orbot. I've had it for 4 years now, and have only replaced the driver. My bearing is still original, no problems. But with Windsor buying in, they're waaaaaay too expensive now.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:47 pm

Not only that Real Clean your Orbot is now a 15 inch machine. Unless we make our own drive plate and velcro driver our Orbots just got smaller.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:55 am

I've scratched out some designs on a machine that I would like. I hope to build it some day. Right now I'm focused on bonnets.

I have always made my own velcro drivers for my Orbot. It's pretty easy.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:50 am

Would you mind posting some pics on how make the velcro drivers?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:00 am

I'll try to figure out how to.

I used my old one as a template and used a sheet of fiberglass made for shower repairs as my material. Cut it out and used the industrial velcro made for rough surfaces and applied it with 3M weatherstrip adhesive.

The velcro made for rough surfaces is gray, and it doesn't absorb the fiber plus type pads as bad as the other velcro does. It stays clean a lot longer.

My phone doesn't take pictures, its too old. I'm hoping to switch to an iPhone soon.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:19 am

I used regular black velcro at HD with rubber cement glue and it didnt work. Challenger uses staples to keep the velcro on the plate.  

Seaswirl, Excellent supply just came out with a 19 OP machine pretty good price point. The low boy is gone
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:30 am

It's easier if you remove the adhesive already on the velcro, it doesn't play well with other adhesives.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaswril Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:23 am

Thank you guys !

Seaswril

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnet Pro Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:33 pm

One thing you want to consider with your purchase is the options the machine offers, appearance and how long it will look great, reliability, the dealers rep., and how you will enjoy using it. Many/most machines do one thing one way. You want to be able to use a tool that can be adjusted to your needs on any given day. This is done by the number of different pads you can place under the machine, setting up the solution delivery to meet the soiling needs of the job, the weight and general convenience the the machine offers. I would be happy to assist. Call me at 877-477-1615 if you would like to talk further.

John K
Bonnet Pro
Bonnet Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:13 am

Hey seaswril, Like Mo said, the challenger is a great machine but to slow for commercial production. If you are on a budget, and IF you can get ahold of Clark at orbitec . He might have a demo unit that he will sell you for a good price.

If Money is not an issue, just buy a trinity and be done with it. Or an Orbot.

I would do a little more research before dropping the money on Ricks new machine. A friend of mine suspects it rotates in the wrong direction (based on one of the videos) If that's true it will be a tip blooming son of a gun on residential. Might want to check with Rick on that first.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:26 am

Rick's machine is just an Oreck Low Boy. It doesn't even rotate, much less in the wrong direction. It's a Mercury machine, very reliable, with a Leeson motor. Customer service is fantastic.

Orbots are awesome, but are now over priced. Find one used. Customer service is nonexistent.

Trinity looks to be a solid machine. I've never operated one, but I'm impressed with the specs. Varying opinions on customer service, I have no experience. I don't mind paying a bit more when I can talk to the actual guy who builds the machine. That's a plus.

REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:30 am

Most all responses have been on the OP machines. You guys that pad, do you not prefer the cimex because the pads have lower absorption verses a bonnet?

I'd like to hear some of these arguments.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:37 am

Cimex does one thing really well. Just too limited of a machine to me.

The primary value of a Cimex, imo, is with the brush attachments in a rug pit. It's awesome at that, with a little S&O. Or as a presrub before a nasty HWE.

Just too much money for my budget as a one man operation.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:42 am

Real Clean, We know its a low boy, but with the mods rick did it truly is exclusively his machine.

Also , I'm afraid your wrong, the machine does rotate just like all the other OP machines out there with the exception of the square towel machine, witch is an old school POJ , IMO.

Here you can see the rotating/oscillation action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu0UI-0Smyg

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:50 am

Semantics. I don't consider oscillation as rotating, but I know what you mean.

It's a rebadged Low Boy. Rick mods it up himself, but its not his machine the same way as the Trinity is John's.

If mercury goes out of business, Rick has to find something else. Mercury will build a machine for any one. I've checked into it.

One thing to keep in mind about videos, sometimes its like looking in a mirror, where your left becomes your right.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:36 am

Good point about the mirror  thing,  but worth a guy checking in to it before buying.

as far as rotating, I'm not sure what we are disagreeing about,  either the machine rotates or it dose not.   Fact is it does rotate just like all other OP machines,  as well as oscillate.  

When you say the machine does not rotate,  you may lead others to belive that is operates differently then other OP machines,  so I felt it was worth clearing up, with that said a guy can make an informed decision  when considering what machine to get.  Not to make a big deal out of it.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:42 am

I just don't want to confuse rotary with OP. Rotates is too general a term to describe the oscillation motion of an OP. A rotary is called a rotary because that's all it does, rotates in one direction. Technically, even my CRB "rotates".
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next