Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

The Zipper Wand in Action

+10
dp1
Jim Martin
Rainbow Rider
MikeW
CleanTech
ACpower1
milspec6
Davey Cracker
Larry Henson
Mo
14 posters

:: Forums :: Videos

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Zipper Wand in Action Empty The Zipper Wand in Action

Post by Mo Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:38 pm

Cutting through some restaurant grease

Last edited by Mo on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

The Zipper Wand in Action Empty Re: The Zipper Wand in Action

Post by Mo Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:00 pm

So easy to operate a child could use
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:21 pm

So really what do you all think about the zipper? By the looks of Mike's videos it sure does seem to clean well and may not be a tool for everyone but it seems to be leaps and bounds better than the new SX 15 or whatever it is because of all of the pile distortion it seems to leave at the beginning of the cleaning stroke.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:33 pm

If you check out the threads here on it, especially the loaner thread I think the general consistences was it was over priced poo (with the exception of those that bought one for 2k).  That was hard on the back, But read for yourself, it may sound different to you then it did me and my user experience with it. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:40 pm

But for the price you have a well built tool verses the new plastic tool. As stated this tool isn't for everyone but you have to admit it is well built and would last a lifetime.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:39 pm

It IS very well built, and that's what had me sold at first sight.
But once I used it, I knew it wasn't for me. It was hard on my back, and left the carpet too wet with my TM.....like you said, not for everyone.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:33 pm

Larry, I know that Erik is making a big push to sell his tool over on MB and I am certain that you will hear a lot of praises from those that were given the tool for free, sold at pennies on the dollar, or just plain paid to endorse it.

The criticism has often been about the back pain and Erik has made a point in every video to try and disprove that. You need to ask yourself: Why does all his videos emphasize that it doesn't cause back pain unless that was a very common complaint?

It is a very well crafted tool...beautiful really. That alone makes people want to purchase it, but it had flaws...2 of them fatal in my findings. One, the back pain and the second is the chatter.

The videos will try and counter both complaints, but a lot of people share those complaints. Are they all incorrect or is there truth in them?

I still contend that having the trailing vac shoe fixed across a tool of that size is what causes the chatter on commercial carpets...which is supposedly the tools strongest cleaning environment, but not if it doesn't stop chattering. Change the rear vac to a floating shoe or else a narrower tool and you might be able to solve that issue, but the back pain will still be there.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:37 pm

heavy wand with an extra vac port that you cant lift up to hit edges

but a very very well built one, an inventive idea but not for me

I already have nice well set up wands and a 360, these days Im not in the business of over thinking carpet cleaning.

The new spinner tool is so dumb and carpet cleaners are just gawking at it like it somehow removes dirt better lol
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:41 pm

ACpower1 wrote:heavy wand with an extra vac port that you cant lift up to hit edges

but a very very well built one,   an inventive idea but not for me    

I already have nice well set up wands and a 360,   these days Im not in the business of over thinking carpet cleaning.    

The new spinner tool is so dumb and carpet cleaners are just gawking at it like it somehow removes dirt better lol

Agree all the way....a couple of good wands and a rotary is more than enough options to be very successful.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:44 pm

next thing I buy is an electric vac reel way before another wand tool

Im going live garden hose reel, live solution line, and e-vac reel

then installing a medium size water tank that can handle 1-2 jobs about 60/70 gallons

between those I should be able to shave off some serious time
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:49 pm

ACpower1 wrote:next thing I buy is an electric vac reel way before another wand tool

Im going live garden hose reel,   live solution line,  and e-vac reel

then installing a medium size water tank that can handle 1-2 jobs about 60/70 gallons

between those I should be able to shave off some serious time

We are in the same boat...I was just shopping electric reels about an hour ago.  I think it would be a guilty pleasure that would help out a lot when dragging the hose over snow.

Goo gawd, I had to say the "snow" word already.  I hate winters. Evil or Very Mad
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:29 am

Hey Larry
This forum is weird when it comes to the zip.
Seems to be a few core members don't like the zip and the ones that did stopped posting here.  Seemed chased of by one member that was really vocal about stating his opinion as the "fact" lol!

Except me Very Happy

Just checking on my phone tonight but will elaborate more after these large jobs are finished.
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:53 am

Hey CT
Would you say the one's on this forum that aren't "weird" when it comes to the zip ARE the ones that bought it??.....sure seems that way.

I'm just wondering in between large jobs with my wand. Very Happy
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:10 am

CleanTech wrote:Hey Larry
Seems to be a few core members don't like the zip and the ones that did stopped posting here.  Seemed chased of by one member that was really vocal about stating his opinion as the "fact" lol!

Except me Very Happy

Just checking on my phone tonight but will elaborate more after these large jobs are finished.

Now that isn't completely accurate...the majority that actually used it for a couple of weeks (I used it on several jobs with at least 30k square feet total wand time) didn't like it. It wasn't one individual and nobody ran anyone off...you are still here.

If it works for you great, it sure is a well built tool, but they were honest reviews...I didn't see the greatness in it.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeW Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:03 am

milspec6 wrote:Larry, I know that Erik is making a big push to sell his tool over on MB and I am certain that you will hear a lot of praises from those that were given the tool for free, sold at pennies on the dollar, or just plain paid to endorse it.

The criticism has often been about the back pain and Erik has made a point in every video to try and disprove that.  You need to ask yourself:  Why does all his videos emphasize that it doesn't cause back pain unless that was a very common complaint?

It is a very well crafted tool...beautiful really.  That alone makes people want to purchase it, but it had flaws...2 of them fatal in my findings.  One, the back pain and the second is the chatter.

The videos will try and counter both complaints, but a lot of people share those complaints.  Are they all incorrect or is there truth in them?  

I still contend that having the trailing vac shoe fixed across a tool of that size is what causes the chatter on commercial carpets...which is supposedly the tools strongest cleaning environment, but not if it doesn't stop chattering.  Change the rear vac to a floating shoe or else a narrower tool and you might be able to solve that issue, but the back pain will still be there.

I purchased this tool for $2300 and liked it so much that a couple months later I purchased ANOTHER one. I've been cleaning carpet my entire life,  full time now 19 years.  I'm going to use my 15 inch Zipper on a day care center today. Every time I posted anything about the zipper on this forum it was made fun of or I was treated like I had a hidden agenda about posting anything positive about the zipper.  So I quit posting anything about it.
MikeW
MikeW
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.PaylessSteamCleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:07 am

Didn't Eric change the handle design to made it more ergonomically correct?

What I would have found disingenuous is if everyone that tried the Zipper loved it.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:00 pm

MikeW wrote:
milspec6 wrote:Larry, I know that Erik is making a big push to sell his tool over on MB and I am certain that you will hear a lot of praises from those that were given the tool for free, sold at pennies on the dollar, or just plain paid to endorse it.

The criticism has often been about the back pain and Erik has made a point in every video to try and disprove that.  You need to ask yourself:  Why does all his videos emphasize that it doesn't cause back pain unless that was a very common complaint?

It is a very well crafted tool...beautiful really.  That alone makes people want to purchase it, but it had flaws...2 of them fatal in my findings.  One, the back pain and the second is the chatter.

The videos will try and counter both complaints, but a lot of people share those complaints.  Are they all incorrect or is there truth in them?  

I still contend that having the trailing vac shoe fixed across a tool of that size is what causes the chatter on commercial carpets...which is supposedly the tools strongest cleaning environment, but not if it doesn't stop chattering.  Change the rear vac to a floating shoe or else a narrower tool and you might be able to solve that issue, but the back pain will still be there.

I purchased this tool for $2300 and liked it so much that a couple months later I purchased ANOTHER one. I've been cleaning carpet my entire life,  full time now 19 years.  I'm going to use my 15 inch Zipper on a day care center today. Every time I posted anything about the zipper on this forum it was made fun of or I was treated like I had a hidden agenda about posting anything positive about the zipper.  So I quit posting anything about it.

I think that was more about the timing in regards to the floater program than what you posted. Like any tool, there will be those that love it and those that don't. To see all reviews on one side or the other would be suspect. Glad you are still posting, but I don't think it was what you said about the Zip that stirred things up...it didn't seem that way to me anyway.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:36 pm

I have no experience with the Zip however I do have experience with the "guilty pleasure" of an electric vac hose reel. How did I get along without it all those years? Another thought. In all the years I've been cleaning I've never encountered a job where I couldn't hook up a water hose. I carry 100 ft. on the reel and hang another 100 ft. in the back of the van. In my humble opinion a fresh water tank just takes up valuable space and cuts down on fuel mileage.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:38 pm

I have no experience with the Zip however I do have experience with the "guilty pleasure" of an electric vac hose reel. How did I get along without it all those years? Another thought. In all the years I've been cleaning I've never encountered a job where I couldn't hook up a water hose. I carry 100 ft. on the reel and hang another 100 ft. in the back of the van. In my humble opinion a fresh water tank just takes up valuable space and cuts down on fuel mileage.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:39 pm

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:39 pm

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Martin Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:12 am

Mo wrote:Didn't Eric change the handle design to made it more ergonomically correct?

What I would have found disingenuous is if everyone that tried the Zipper loved it.

love this handle design...

The Zipper Wand in Action P9220077_zps95375128

Jim Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:41 pm

CleanTech wrote:Hey Larry

Except me Very Happy

Ummm, I didn't see you post anything positive when that "one" member that was vocal about stating his opinion as the "fact", I'm not attacking you in any way, I'm just saying that "except me" isn't very accurate Very Happy I remember that "one" member was asking you numerous times to share your review and you never responded Very Happy

Also I agree with Robert, nobody's chasing anyone off, I did however asked some questions to Eric here and was completely ignored and that's why I didn't even try it because if I'm being ignored BEFORE I even spend $ 2300 on a piece of equipment, God only knows what's going to happen after I buy the tool and need some answers or supports, I'm not on anyone's side, never was and never will, I will respect people's opinion on things as long as they respect mine and just like Larry is saying in the other thread, it'd be boring if we're all the same, some of you like the zipper, good for you but some of you don't, it's part of life, can't make everyone like you or like your products or services.
Mike W, feel free to share your opinion of the Zipper if you want to.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:37 pm

Jim Martin wrote:
Mo wrote:Didn't Eric change the handle design to made it more ergonomically correct?

love this handle design...

The Zipper Wand in Action P9220077_zps95375128

No doubt about it Jim, that is a slick design change. I didn't like the location of the hoses on the old design and this looks to have addressed that issue...might even improve the back fatigue some as well.

The big question is has anything changed to prevent the chatter? I don't see anything in the photo...I'm guessing not.

Feel free to stop in and provide your thoughts as you start getting some trigger time on it.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next