Latest topics
» You know it is hot when you turn down jobs
by milspec6 Today at 11:04 am

» Why I was away
by milspec6 Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Pressure washer help
by steamprony Yesterday at 9:02 pm

» Connection with the largest contractor in my area.
by Freemind1 Yesterday at 5:04 am

» that's a 1st, ugh!
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:20 pm

» After a long winter
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:19 pm

» Setting customer expectations.
by milspec6 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 pm

» Adding on work while you are there.....
by Freemind1 Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:36 pm

» Happy Father's day !
by Mo Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:03 pm

» Hi From Scotland
by milspec6 Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:25 pm

» Thought on my pricing.
by Freemind1 Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:43 pm

» any fishermen?
by Freemind1 Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:52 am

» Urine Stain Charges
by milspec6 Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:27 am

» Yelp vs Google
by Freemind1 Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:22 am

» 30 year reunion
by milspec6 Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:00 am

Scare tactics

:: Forums :: Off Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scare tactics

Post by milspec6 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:52 pm

I've been buried this weekend working for a great couple who have been raped by a Radon contractor, Roofer, and Insulation company in less than 6 months...all using the scare tactics to close the deal. This couple is older and the husband is confined to a wheelchair, so they are at the mercy of dishonest contractors.

It started with a call regarding mold issues in the basement and attic. It didn't take long to see how bad they were ripped off by these clowns and I have spent more time repairing mistakes left beyond than actually dealing with the reason that I was called for in the first place.

Stupid stuff like an electrician who sat on and broke the bathroom stack vent while installing a junction box in the attic for the radon fan. He duct taped it and didn't say a word...and over-charged by 300%. It is really sad what is going on out there with contractors looking for the buck instead of taking care of the customer. Makes me sick.

I spent all day on my back in a 36 inch high attic dealing with mold and I reak of Sporicidin, but this has to be done correctly. I don't get to olay it and charge 300% to boot. In fact, I am discounting the job greatly as they don't appear to have a private gold mine in their backyard and they have already been robbed many times over.

Hoepfully, I will be able to finsih up tomorrow and get back to dealing with carpets again...far less frustration. Oh, and the temps are going to go from 78 degrees today to 41 tomorrow...with rain. Just a very frustrating weekend...maybe I should have just gone to lake like everyone else?

milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scare tactics

Post by dp1 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:45 pm

Good for you sir, you may forget about this good deed soon but someday you will get blessings in return without you realizing it. God bless :-)
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:20 am

Thanks Dp, just felt the need to vent a little. I will never understand how a person can be standing in another person's home and openly lie just for the money.

It just seems to be happening more and more these days...just no ethics out there any more. Evil or Very Mad 
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services on Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:31 am

I agree the bible says look after and respect our elders not take advantage of them. My parants and I are dealing with a shady insurance agent that lied and cost them 20K on life ins. That be gotten back we're trying to put him out of business. So I say God bless you ten fold and you will be surprised how meany people they will tell what you did for them.
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:04 pm

and you wonder why people call the huge national companies, they are scared of being taken advantage of
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks guys, the job just finished with a victory. I accomplished all that I intended to do and didn't fall through the roof...that was a huge concern going into this job. My only mistake was peeling a little paint around the closet entry when removing my containment tent...I will go back and re-paint the wall later.

I think the high point was watching the cats trying to find me after I "disappeared" into the attic. They kept trying to figure it out...I could hear them calling in the closet while I was above repairing the stack vent. Very Happy 
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum