Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review

+7
Pro Touch
milspec6
Fuzzsucker
Andy Mc
Ryan S
ACpower1
Davey Cracker
11 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review

Post by SixShooter Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:53 am

Mo wrote:Dave, Sounds like you were using the older model? Did you have any other uses for it besides pre agitating carpet

Here's how the tour looks so far. It's all west coast baby. Let's get this show on the road.Bill could you include the tile and grout attachment for me. I have a lot of tile to clean at my new house.

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Hot_ro10

Will do.

I'll be sending it out today
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:15 am

Well, I got my Hot Rod Pro, and I must say it's a huge Improvement over the original red one.  Just the fact that it's Stainless Steel, and Aluminum improves the look and professionalism of it IMO.

And a couple features the Pro has the the Original doesn't makes all the difference in ease of use and control.  First of all the handle angle adjustment is great because you can set it so you're not having to bend over at all to use it, which is great! And the other main improvement, I think is the telescoping handle, locked in place by a simple flip locking lever. This making it real EZ to adjust in just a second for tight areas or for use on stairs. The wand style handle is also a nice improvement I think, that helps with control.

One tip I'll give you guys who are testing it on the "Loaner Program"......

I've found it's easiest to control when you keep the pad/brush  flat of the floor just as you would with a 175, if you have to adjusted to high or low so just the front or rear is on the floor is harder to control.  So Don't just just give up on it the first use, get it adjusted properly so it works for you.  Just like a 175 there is a bit of a leaning curve, so be patient and figure out how to make it work best for you.

BTW, also just in case Bill hasn't yet mentioned it, the trigger on the polisher has to be in the locked position, so it then gives on/off control to the button on the handle.............this is simply done by squeezing the trigger on the polisher and pushing the red lock button on the side, this locking the polisher on, then on/off is controlled by the button on the HRH.

Also, play around with the speed dial on the polisher (it's the lil red wheel on top of the polishers handle that controls the RPM). Slower speed seems to work better on carpet for me, I've been using it on about speed setting 2.  wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:23 am

Thanks for the tips Dave. I just received the Hot Rod yesterday
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Have you had a chance to try it yet, Mo?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:48 pm

I'll give it a run. Love my crb tho so I'll be comparing to something I have a man crush on. Im in Colorado.

I was thinking that it would make a great tool for filtration soiling. Spray down some strong encap and use this thing like a weed eater. Hitting the edges just like your lawn.
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:33 pm

Fuzzsucker wrote:I'll give it a run. Love my crb tho so I'll be comparing to something I have a man crush on. Im in Colorado.

I was thinking that it would make a great tool for filtration soiling. Spray down some strong encap and use this thing like a weed eater. Hitting the edges just like your lawn.

Funny you said this as I was looking at my Toro string trimmer today and wondered why not convert one of them. It already has the right position, a great battery life, and a spinning head. Rig up a drive plate for it and let it fly. It doesn't have the power of a grinder, but it sounds like the grinder is over-kill for carpet anyway.

Then I realized that I really need the trimmer to be a trimmer....can't use my 175 to edge the porch either. Razz 
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:23 pm

I would think the 10,000 RPM trimmer might be a bit much for carpet also. laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:I would think the 10,000 RPM trimmer might be a bit much for carpet also. laughing 

Maybe on a deep shag from the 70's? lol! 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:56 am

Mo wrote:Let's get this loaner program started. If you try it out and like it Urban Floor care will sell it to you at reduced rate.

If you would like to test drive the tool before you buy add your name to this thread and we'll ship in geographical order. The Cleaners Lounge will pay the shipping for the first three participants. I don't think the shipping should be more than 25.00 . What do you think Bill?

Do you guys have any questions or suggestions on the rules, the loaner program etc.

Davey Cracker, Do you have any videos or pics you can share of this tool in action?

Here's a rough video I shot last week of the Hot Rod on stairs.

SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Quick work at prescribing. Must be nice to have two helpers. One to spray and another to hold the cord Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Mo wrote:Quick work at prescribing. Must be nice to have two helpers. One to spray and another to hold the cord Very Happy

I was too lazy to change to a downstairs electrical outlet so I'm recording with one hand and trying to hold the cord out of the way with the other.

Came out kinda lame now that you mention it.
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:48 pm

SixShooter wrote:
Mo wrote:Let's get this loaner program started. If you try it out and like it Urban Floor care will sell it to you at reduced rate.

If you would like to test drive the tool before you buy add your name to this thread and we'll ship in geographical order. The Cleaners Lounge will pay the shipping for the first three participants. I don't think the shipping should be more than 25.00 . What do you think Bill?

Do you guys have any questions or suggestions on the rules, the loaner program etc.

Davey Cracker, Do you have any videos or pics you can share of this tool in action?

Here's a rough video I shot last week of the Hot Rod on stairs.

Must admit it, looks pretty effective on those stairs. I love my cyclo, but the bending over can become a real pain at times. You are starting to get me interested in this tool....not there yet, but a lot closer.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:58 pm

I used it today on some FILTHY stairs, and man did it quick work of the agitation....and they came out great!!

But no video, it's just about impossible when running solo............one day I'll get it figured out!

Still no word, Mo?...are you still figuring it out, in that how not to fight it stage??
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:05 pm

milspec6 wrote:
Must admit it, looks pretty effective on those stairs.  I love my cyclo, but the bending over can become a real pain at times.  You are starting to get me interested in this tool....not there yet, but a lot closer.

Stop fighting the temptation, Rob!@!  laughing 

As far as I'm concerned, IT IS the easiest and most convenient tool for stairs, by far!...........so light, and now with the Pro so EZ to shorten the length for stairs or tight areas......and also no more bending over for us on the taller side.  wink 

At least test out the "Loaner" when it comes your way.  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:22 pm

I'll see if I get a chance to use it tomorrow.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:05 pm

Finally got around to un boxing the Hot Rod. The box had a hole in from the handle. It was shipped with the the tube turned sideways so the handle hit the side of the box. It might be best to ship with handle turned right side up. Unless you put it in the way so that it would fit in the box Bill.

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Packag10

It came with a few things

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Packag11
Adjustable Handle
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Rod_si10

Plugged in to use intermittent button on handle it would be nice if  was an on/off button as well
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Plugs10

Velcro Driver

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Attaat10

Tile and grout brush was pretty stiff. I ran it on cement and it was still pretty stiff.

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Hard_s10

I decided to break in the carpet brush on the kitchen floor. It didn't look like it was digging into the grout lines very well maybe the grout brush would do a better job. I was hoping you still had the old vertical grout brush attachment.

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Img_2011

It came with a splash guard but if you keep the spray to a minimum you don't need it
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Tng10
The driver fit under the toe kick no problem. You don't want to drink and drive and hit a cabinet
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Kitche10

I used this the micro fiber pad to dry but on this particular black floor it left some swirl marks on medium speed
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Pad10

Hog hair brush
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Hog_ha10

It also came with the polishing and sanding pads. I just moved into this house and needs some painting. I removed the grinder and used it to sand the was outside wall getting it ready to pain. Looking forward to using it to sand my deck. I may need it for longer than a week Laughing 

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Polish10
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:54 pm

Nice review Mo, looks like a sturdy tool.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:19 am

Mo wrote:Finally got around to un boxing the Hot Rod. The box had a hole in from the handle. It was shipped with the the tube turned sideways so the handle hit the side of the box. It might be best to ship with handle turned right side up. Unless you put it in the way so that it would fit in the box Bill.

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Packag10

It came with a few things

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Packag11
Adjustable Handle
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Rod_si10

Plugged in to use intermittent button on handle it would be nice if  was an on/off button as well
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Plugs10

Velcro Driver

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Attaat10

Tile and grout brush was pretty stiff. I ran it on cement and it was still pretty stiff.

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Hard_s10

I decided to break in the carpet brush on the kitchen floor. It didn't look like it was digging into the grout lines very well maybe the grout brush would do a better job. I was hoping you still had the old vertical grout brush attachment.

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Img_2011

It came with a splash guard but if you keep the spray to a minimum you don't need it
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Tng10
The driver fit under the toe kick no problem. You don't want to drink and drive and hit a cabinet
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Kitche10

I used this the micro fiber pad to dry but on this particular black floor it left some swirl marks on medium speed
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Pad10

Hog hair brush
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Hog_ha10

It also came with the polishing and sanding pads. I just moved into this house and needs some painting. I removed the grinder and used it to sand the was outside wall getting it ready to pain. Looking forward to using it to sand my deck. I may need it for longer than a week Laughing 

The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Polish10

Thanks for the update Mo.

I will pay better attention when packing it in the box from now on.

Several folks have mentioned the momentary switch vs. a toggle switch. They say their thumbs get tired on large areas. I usually end up "palming" the switch when doing larger areas.

On the earliest version of the tool we used a toggle switch. One time it got caught in a lamp cord and I decided it needed a momentary switch so that it would die instantly upon release, as a safety precaution.

However, I can easily make up an inline toggle that could be added to the existing tool. In fact I think I have one ore two still around the shop from the early version.

I will send you one.

Interesting comment on the T&G brush. Let me know if you think a different gauge bristle will work better for grout. If I hear this from others as well maybe I'll order a different gauge.

The carpet brush may need further breaking in before you try it on carpet.

Thanks again for the update. I will send you that toggle.
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:18 am

I'll soften up the tile and grout bush on the cement some more and use on my Arizona room tile
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:25 pm

Couple before and after.

Before
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Image_zps82d85b4a

After
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Image_zps0210f14e

Video later.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:09 am

That's on low speed. I figured out how to increase the rpm and I had that Hot Rob floating and cutting through that soiling. It took about 20 minutes to scrub about 400 sq ft. I was pleased with the results and the performance of The Hot Rod Pro.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:50 am

That lino went from yellow to clean. Did you mop up with the pad, spinner. wand?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:26 am

I didn't get a chance to finish the job cuz the a monsoon storm rolled in  Lost the internet for the whole day too
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:02 am

VCT strip/wax with the Hot Rod Pro

Before
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Image_zps0e21d92c

During

Prepped for wax.
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Image_zps80afdda9

After
The Hot Rod Pro Loaner & Review - Page 2 Image_zps3064577d

Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:12 am

Mo wrote:That lino went from yellow to clean. Did you mop up with the pad, spinner. wand?

No, we just mopped out. Then clear water rinse mop. Then applied one coat of wax.

I finally talked the rental company to not apply a coat of wax. The yellowing is from previous coats. The wax just gives the shine. I told them it would look better and last longer if they just stripped it and left the floor natural.

That's why I'm so interested in the Hot Rod Pro. I can have our cleaning team apply stripper, scrub with the Hot Rod, then just do a good mop out.

The new improvement to the Pro is what sparked the interest and consideration for these floors. I love the 1.5 tube with handle. It took this tool to a professional grade in a class of its own.

I believe the Hot Rod Pro has solved an on going problem for our business. I'm just getting started with different applications and ideas.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next