Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Repairing Solution Hose Failure in The Field with Reusable Crimps

+3
Ryan S
Larry Henson
Mo
7 posters

:: Forums :: Videos

Go down

Repairing Solution Hose Failure in The Field with Reusable Crimps Empty Repairing Solution Hose Failure in The Field with Reusable Crimps

Post by Mo Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Video by MoJo

Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Repairing Solution Hose Failure in The Field with Reusable Crimps Empty Re: Repairing Solution Hose Failure in The Field with Reusable Crimps

Post by Larry Henson Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:51 am

Great video Mo . I bought a couple of these and keep on the van after watching this .
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Repairing Solution Hose Failure in The Field with Reusable Crimps Empty Re: Repairing Solution Hose Failure in The Field with Reusable Crimps

Post by Mo Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Pretty considering I didn't know how to put them on when I first received them.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:44 pm

Hey Mo, thanks for the video. I needed to today. Great work. Thanks Joe for the awesome repair crimp. Man when you are having problems left and right it's always nice to know something you stocked saved the day.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:53 pm

That is so true. I had a pinch-cut on the first 3 foot of a 100 foot strand off my reel...left a tiny pinhole leak. I was already extended out to 300 feet and really couldn't afford to lose a 100 foot hose. So, I pulled out one of the field crimps that I had in the tool bag.

I was stumped at first trying to get it to thread on until I remembered the video that Mo had posted. Thanks to a smart phone, I realized that it threaed on reverse direction....15 seconds later, I was back on the job.

That crimp is awesome and although it is called a "field crimp" it appears to be quite capable of becoming a permanant fix. If you don't have a few on the truck....get them now! Yoo will thank Mo for the video and Joe for the product. cheers 
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:10 pm

that's why I always have 50 footers instead of 100 footers, if one failed, most cases I can put one 50 ft hose aside and still be able to do all of the jobs lined up that day, with one exception which happened to me once in 10+ years, one day I had 3 - 50 footers blown on me in the same job, one after another, I was finally down to 150 feet which barely enough to do the current job I was at.
The only down side about repairing your hose on the field is you have to bring a grinder in the van to cut the hose out.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:24 pm

Actually, a little dremel worked well at cutting that solution line and fits in the glove box. I always carry lots of tools on-board, for once, it paid off. Very Happy 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:53 pm

milspec6 wrote:Actually, a little dremel worked well at cutting that solution line and fits in the glove box.  I always carry lots of tools on-board, for once, it paid off. Very Happy 

That's great to know, I'll have to get a couple more dremels and put one in each van, thanks Rob.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:50 pm

dp1 wrote:
milspec6 wrote:Actually, a little dremel worked well at cutting that solution line and fits in the glove box.  I always carry lots of tools on-board, for once, it paid off. Very Happy 

That's great to know, I'll have to get a couple more dremels and put one in each van, thanks Rob.

Harbor Freight sells, a cheap $chitty one lol, which would be perfect for keeping in the van for just this use!  wink 
It's not even in the same league as a Dremel brand, but for occasional use like this, it would get the job done.  cheers 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:40 pm

milspec6 wrote:
I was stumped at first trying to get it to thread on until I remembered the video that Mo had posted.  Thanks to a smart phone, I realized that it threaed on reverse direction...
That crimp is a cheers 

I did the same thing Mil I'm glad it came in handy for you guys
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:56 pm

Also, I forgot.... you only need a Dremel or angle grinder/cut off when cutting steal braided hose..............if you're using not braided hose like I do, you can just cut it with a sharp blade, or even a pair of "Dykes".  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:01 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
dp1 wrote:

Harbor Freight sells, a cheap $chitty one lol, which would be perfect for keeping in the van for just this use!  wink 
It's not even in the same league as a Dremel brand, but for occasional use  like this, it would get the job done.  cheers 

I still have one of those, I don't think it'll cut my skin even if it wants to, lol, but I'll take your word and give it a shot next time I need a hose cut  Very Happy 
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:56 pm

Hey guys just wanted to bring a little honesty and info to this thread. In case you didn't know this JB did not invent this fitting it is a hydraulic reusable fitting that you can get at any hydraulic hose repair shop, if they don't have it they can get it. It is actually what they used to make lines before the hydraulic pressed fittings came out.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Some of us cheap-skates still make lines out of them. Razz

The only question is do they reduce the flow at all since there is a tube inside the hose now....thus less diameter? Or is that pretty much what a professional crimping does as well?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:18 pm

milspec6 wrote:Some of us cheap-skates still make lines out of them. Razz

The only question is do they reduce the flow at all since there is a tube inside the hose now....thus less diameter?  Or is that pretty much what a professional crimping does as well?
Oh crap didn't take that into consideration.  Im sure glad this is an honest cleaners forum Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:39 am

I didn't consider it either and had been using threaded crimps for years. I can't say that I really noticed any substantial drop in volume, but it has me wondering now since my TNT is fully plumbed in that fashion at the moment.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:56 am

milspec6 wrote:Some of us cheap-skates still make lines out of them. Razz

The only question is do they reduce the flow at all since there is a tube inside the hose now....thus less diameter?  Or is that pretty much what a professional crimping does as well?

In that way it's really no different than a regular hydraulic pressed crimped on fitting.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:43 am

I always thought that, but wasn't sure....thanks.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:27 pm

ACE Services wrote:Hey guys just wanted to bring a little honesty and info to this thread. In case you didn't know this JB did not invent this fitting it is a hydraulic reusable fitting that you can get at any hydraulic hose repair shop, if they don't have it they can get it. It is actually what they used to make lines before the hydraulic pressed fittings came out.

Thank you Ed ! I'm not throwing fuel to the fire but this is the main issue I had with JB, he used to carry gates brand and then switched to other brand that does not want to cut the hose when I tried to thread it in there and he accused me of lying when I told him about the problem, why would I lie over $ 50 worth of stupid fittings, if he just say "thanks for the feedback" I would've told him "have a nice day" without even inquiring about refund, I never asked for refund to Jondon or any other distributor but Jondon always offer me refund when they sent me wrong stuff or sold me cheap crappy stuff that break in a week of use. That's what I call honest distributor.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:16 pm

Did a little checking today on the reuseable crimps. One of the sources I was looking at getting the crimps from had told me that I needed to bring the hose in to check and make sure that I got the right field crimp. Thought that was a little bit strange I mean a 1/4 hose is the same right, wrong the hose I had laying around the shop was Goodyear well they looked it up and there is no I repeat no listing for a reusable field crimp recommended for this hose. After talking with the sales person they said it is a risk to use a field crimp on this hose. Not saying that it won't work but if the manufacturer's don't have a crimp recommended and you use one and have a problem the risk is on you. Just thought I'd let you fellows know what I'd found out honestly just FYI.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:45 pm

They are right about asking to see the hose. The field crimps all work on the single wire hoses, but the outside diameter of the hose is the problem...they have to be correct to work.

I have several on the truck (Parker and Gates) and they are not interchangeable in every case. It just depends on the thickness of the casings.

I have several hoses with field crimps on them now. The generic blue hose, scheiffer skinny, and Raptor hose....they all fit fine, but I am not sure which one of the crimps I was using at the time.

The generic blue hose that I find at Dultmeir Sales seems to be the size OD as the Goodyear and I haven't had problems using those crimps. I would have to check the invoices to be certain, but I think they were the Parkers.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:05 am

I don't think those field crimps are guaranteed on any hose
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down