Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Dynachem Ultra Seal. Just mop it on the grout and your done don't worry about getting it on the tile ??

+4
Jose D
milspec6
Davey Cracker
Mo
8 posters

Go down

Dynachem Ultra Seal. Just mop it on the grout and your done don't worry about getting it on the tile ?? Empty Dynachem Ultra Seal. Just mop it on the grout and your done don't worry about getting it on the tile ??

Post by Mo Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:54 pm

I just purchased 2 gallons of this stuff. Your supposed to be able to mop it the grout and not worry about getting it on the tile it just flash dries on the tile without glazing and no buffing needed.

It's a great deal at 32.00 per gallon it's supposed to cover 1200 -1500 linear feet of grout.

It's solvent based so not the greenest sealer for your green conscious customer. It contains terpene, alphatic, and chlorinated hydrocarbons wilt a Health Rating of "2". It smells like white, I asked my daughter what she thought it smelled like and she confirmed it.

I applied some with a towel on some grout and it did dry pretty quick and didn't see any hazing. Ill see if it hazes some dark stone later and not sure how it performs yet. But something I noticed it that it see it last for 12 months. I hope that pertains to sealing stone??

I have also attached the MSDS.

photo UltraSealback1_zpsbb7cc06c.jpg

Dynachem Ultra Seal. Just mop it on the grout and your done don't worry about getting it on the tile ?? IMG_20140824_192743189_HDR1_zps9ae583c0
Attachments
Dynachem Ultra Seal. Just mop it on the grout and your done don't worry about getting it on the tile ?? Attachment
Dynachem_Ultraseal.pdf (230 Kb) Downloaded 403 times
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Dynachem Ultra Seal. Just mop it on the grout and your done don't worry about getting it on the tile ?? Empty Re: Dynachem Ultra Seal. Just mop it on the grout and your done don't worry about getting it on the tile ??

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:16 pm

Hmmmm interesting, "Mop it on" huh, the lazy mans sealer.  I bet there's a couple guys on this forum that will be all over that, if they aren't already....is what it is.  

Before I used that on a customers, or my house, I test it to see how well it actually works!...........give it the test, Mo!......including the test of time, to see how fast it washes off.  wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Dynachem Ultra Seal. Just mop it on the grout and your done don't worry about getting it on the tile ?? Empty Re: Dynachem Ultra Seal. Just mop it on the grout and your done don't worry about getting it on the tile ??

Post by Mo Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:01 pm

Its an impregnator so it shouldn't wash off. I actually purchased a gallon of this stuff a couple of years ago but I brushed it on.

Yeah that last 12 months comment is a little weird that the duration of carpet protector. I figured it should last 5 years at a minimum.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Not familiar with it, but I had to chuckle when you said that you asked your daughter to confirm the smell. I think we are all guilty of taking something that suggests you wear a respirator yet we pop the cap off and take a sniff.

We are a funny lot....do let us know if it performs.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:59 pm

I do need to know what it smells like.

I used to clean pools as a young lad and I remember taking a whiff at what I thought was chlorine and it was muriatic acid instead. I burned my brain on that one Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:01 pm

I did a test on the seal I put on some grout yesterday. I poured some water on the protected and unprotected grout to compare. Looks like the water penetrated the un sealed grout.

It did dry pretty quick and I didn't notice hazing on the tile. I tested it on some tile in front of my fireplace that had more of a sheen to it and did notice some streaking. I didn't wipe it off just to see how it dried.

Dynachem Ultra Seal. Just mop it on the grout and your done don't worry about getting it on the tile ?? SealTest_zps5aad1ec4
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jose D Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Whats up Mo, I bought some of cobbs sealer last summer to test it out. I cleaned my Tia's tile and grout last August (2013). I applied the sealer while the grout was slightly damped (damped in some spots). I just spoke with her after seeing this post. She says her grout still looks as clean as the day I cleaned it.
Jose D
Jose D

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Thanks, Jose........

That's a good testimonial, and the type of info I want prior to using any sealer on a customers floor.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:17 pm

What's up Jose? Thanks for update on the sealing. Did you apply the sealer with a grout wand or did you mop it on?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jose D Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:00 pm

I used the bottle with the little wheel from home depot to apply it
Jose D
Jose D

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Thanks Jose

I did a few tests today and Its definitely not a mop and go job you have to wipe off the excess. It leaves a sheen or streak on the tile if you don't wipe it off. It does come off pretty easily though. I let it dry on the tile and it came off with a dry and moist towel.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sam miller Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:35 pm

It works shake it really well if its sat for a while. The reason they say you can mop it on is time savings seeing as though its way cheaper then anything else out there.

sam miller

http://www.sammillerscarpetcare.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:17 am

My friend just uses solvent based carpet protector, sprays the whole floor and walks away, no haze no wiping, he says it's easier takes less time and works better. The extra product he uses costs less than the time needed to apply only to the grout lines.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Maybe I'll try it and see if that sheen is visible on camera. I'm all for easier and quicker but I don't want to leave that sheen on ceramic tile. And It will probably come off the first time the customer mops but I don't want to leave it on there.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 2FreshTile Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:53 pm

I use cobbs impregnating sealer, love it. I occasionally spray and microfiber mop it on, but more recently I have been using the Rapid Seal sprayer to apply. Works great.
2FreshTile
2FreshTile

http://www.milwaukeetilecleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:31 pm

After Ultra Seal cures pour a little water on the grout and the water is repelled off the grout on to the tile. Not sure how long it last but that's pretty cool.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:45 pm

I think one way you could get the benefit of the "mop and go" would be if your sealing a lot of 1inch tiles.

you could probably seal it with the mop, let it dry then just wipe down the tiles.. Im guessing it could be faster than using a wand to hit all the little grout lines.

with large tiles you might as well just wand it on since its not much grout

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:24 pm

No way would I use a grout wand on 1" tile, I don't use it on anything smaller than 12" tile usually.  Anything smaller I normally spray on, squeegee into grout and wipe off.  Same for showers, counter-tops and stuff like that.........just like you would seal stone/grout.

It's still questionable with this cobbs stuff is any good, not to mention the question about it not needing the excess wiped off......which seems really Iffy if IT IS a good product.

My question is, does it last?..longer than a day? lol  I don't want to apply any sealer on a customers grout that doesn't last a year min., if properly cleaned/maintained by them.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2FreshTile Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:46 am

Yeah, the spray and mop technique with Larry's sealer is great on smaller tiles. Definite time saver. I prefer to use the rapid seal on 8" tile and above.
2FreshTile
2FreshTile

http://www.milwaukeetilecleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down