Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Picked up an Oreck Orbiter today on craigslist

+5
Davey Cracker
milspec6
brianbenaiah
Mo
ACpower1
9 posters

Go down

Picked up an Oreck Orbiter today on craigslist Empty Picked up an Oreck Orbiter today on craigslist

Post by ACpower1 Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Just tested it out at my house, cant wait to put this thing to work!

Picked up an Oreck Orbiter today on craigslist 00l0l_2c2zSSLren2_600x450

Love the way it handles and its so light/compact. Crb is going on the express van so I needed a good light scrubber for the big truck.

Thing kicks ass on stairs and does larger areas decently fast, not as fast as a 17in 175 but its much lighter and easier to carry around.

going to try it out on some grout next week, it came with one really stiff brush and one carpet brush... unit was only used once

wasnt a steal but I saved about 120 over the amazon order I was going to place
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Picked up an Oreck Orbiter today on craigslist Empty Re: Picked up an Oreck Orbiter today on craigslist

Post by Mo Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:27 pm

Ive seen a few of those on craigslist too hell of a lot lighter than my 100 lb orbot

Last edited by Mo on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Picked up an Oreck Orbiter today on craigslist Empty Re: Picked up an Oreck Orbiter today on craigslist

Post by brianbenaiah Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:33 pm

I bought one last Nov. in San Jose for 150 with everthing brand new and its does work great on stairs and quick on area rugs.  Much lighter than my triple s. 175.
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:44 pm

I keep looking at those for stairs and tile entries that are too narrow for the orbot. Always looked like a good idea, but just can't get myself to buy one new and they never turn up used around here.

Enjoy that beast
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:52 pm

ACpower1 wrote:Just tested it out at my house,   cant wait to put this thing to work!    

Picked up an Oreck Orbiter today on craigslist 00l0l_2c2zSSLren2_600x450

Love the way it handles and its so light/compact.     Crb is going on the express van so I needed a good light scrubber for the big truck.

Thing kicks ass on stairs and does larger areas decently fast,   not as fast as a 17in 175 but its much lighter and easier to carry around.

going to try it out on some grout next week,   it came with one really stiff brush and one carpet brush...   unit was only used once

wasnt a steal but I saved about 120 over the amazon order I was going to place

Have you tried a Hot Rod yet?? confused
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:03 pm

Yes he did
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:59 am

Ya I tried it for several weeks on about a dozen jobs, its a neat tool but just not for me. I would use it for waxing a box truck or scrubbing something up in the air out of reach but not for carpet or tile on the floor.

Actually would be a great tool for getting the pollen off the roof of the box truck, it takes some serious scrubbing with a car wash brush

I like the weight on the surface your scrubbing with something more like this, and I like the way these handle a bit more. I tried one about 3-4 months ago and just kept putting off buying one.

You can start at the top of the stairs and just let it follow the shape of the steps going down, it hits the risers, nose, and the tread without having to lift it up each step. Hard to explain but maybe it makes sense.

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:43 am

Interested to know how you like the orange brush for grout, I have an orbiter but not the orange brush, if you like it I may buy one.

BTW, did you get your new TM yet?

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:37 pm

How much does one of those Orecks cost?
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://magaw.org/PriceIsRightCarpetCleaning/

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:48 pm

TimM wrote:How much does one of those Orecks cost?

Bill (SixShooter) has a couple I bet he would almost pay someone to take away.

That's how much he likes it. laughing

Different strokes........

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:32 pm

Andy Mc wrote:Interested to know how you like the orange brush for grout,  I have an orbiter but not the orange brush,   if you like it I may buy one.

BTW,  did you get your new TM  yet?

I used the orange one today on some grout, worked great. Going to order the bright green one because it looks cool and is a bit stiffer than the orange

Yup the relia built is sitting in the garage, waiting on the bed liner which should be in the mail tomorrow then we can start installing.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:34 pm

499 on amazon, it went on sale recently for 360 but I put off buying it. I got this one on CL for a little under 300 used once with a few extras
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:41 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:

Bill (SixShooter) has a couple I bet he would almost pay someone to take away.

That's how much he likes it.  laughing

Different strokes........

ya different strokes I guess, he said he doesnt like how you control them. He showed me some pics of how he added a lock to the handle so you can use it like a 175, tip forward and back to control.

I was wondering how you control these but you just tip side to side instead, its really easy... to be honest I found it much easier to handle than hot rod with a grinder.

Not bashing the hot rod, its a good tool and has a ton of uses... I just dont like the idea of bringing it in a customer home and for most things I would use it for the small diameter was just counter-productive and a little too squirrely on floors, plus cant really use it on tile or its gonna sling water everywhere.

I thought about using it in harder areas like showers etc, but then you would just take the handle off and use the grinder/buffer alone.

Seriously though, it would be awsome for cleaning the box truck... he should market it for auto detailing, I havent seen anything nearly as easy to deep scrub a tough to reach roof or side walls.

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:57 pm

I may buy that hot rod to sand down the other deck
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:21 am

A very busy local restaurant wants me to quote cleaning grease soaked paving stones located in a enclosed outdoor seating area. They are cleaning it themselves with an orbital pressure washing until which is spraying crap everywhere. I figure with my self contained tile cleaning tool and the heat from El Diablo I could do better. I am going to order an Oreck Orbiter to scrub the stones first, then rinse. Advice? Orange or green attachment brush? Enzyme prespray? Krud Kutter? Purple Power? Simple Green?
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:21 pm

The orange and green brushes I think are the same, mine came with the orange one which is really stiff

you could use 2790 or unitex tile/stone cleaner from jon don

both are really strong high pH
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Homer Building Maintenanc Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:32 pm

eldiabloz wrote:A very busy local restaurant wants me to quote cleaning grease soaked paving stones located in a enclosed outdoor seating area. They are cleaning it themselves with an orbital pressure washing until which is spraying crap everywhere. I figure with my self contained tile cleaning tool and the heat from El Diablo I could do better. I am going to order an Oreck Orbiter to scrub the stones first, then rinse. Advice? Orange or green attachment brush? Enzyme prespray? Krud Kutter? Purple Power? Simple Green?

Just curious to find out what you used and how this job went. Thanks.
Homer Building Maintenanc
Homer Building Maintenanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down