Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Hard Surface Cleaning Wand Loaner - The Blaster

+7
brianbenaiah
Ken Raddon
SCCC
Davey Cracker
dp1
milspec6
Mo
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hard Surface Cleaning Wand Loaner - The Blaster Empty Hard Surface Cleaning Wand Loaner - The Blaster

Post by Mo Thu May 28, 2015 8:43 am

If anybody want's to borrow this tool let me know but lets also see if we can make it better.

For the sake of not having to write "hard surface cleaning wand" I'll refer to this tool as the Blaster.

Some one mentioned a shorter tube. Look like you can cut the tube and make it any size you want.

The clearance seems to be about the same as my SX12. I did notice that the spray bar that connects to the head is not air tight. I'll see if I can fix that today.

Thoughts, opinions, etc?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Hard Surface Cleaning Wand Loaner - The Blaster Empty Re: Hard Surface Cleaning Wand Loaner - The Blaster

Post by milspec6 Thu May 28, 2015 9:02 am

SS Jets (tile cleaners will corrode brass pretty quickly)
Angle the jets instead of straight down
Squeegee blade
Vac release valve

Thanks for the video, surprised me that it fit under your toe kick so well. Around here, there are a lot of 3 inch clearence, but it will vary by region...no way to design a tool for all areas.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Hard Surface Cleaning Wand Loaner - The Blaster Empty Re: Hard Surface Cleaning Wand Loaner - The Blaster

Post by Mo Thu May 28, 2015 11:01 am

Thanks Rob I think my SX-12 has stainless steel jets
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu May 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Is this from Tony ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu May 28, 2015 4:47 pm

SS jets are a necessity, and a Vac release valve would be great, as Mil mentioned!
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Thu May 28, 2015 7:26 pm

I don't think it will hurt anything if they are not air tight, might help a bit really, having a little cfm will help draw up the water.
Looks better than my West Pac tile wand, good job Tony.
The jet set up is for sure better than my WP tile wand
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu May 28, 2015 8:09 pm

I guess it could be like a vac relief. I'll see how it recovers water this weekend compared to the sx-12
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu May 28, 2015 8:20 pm

milspec wrote:
Squeegee blade
 One is a squeegee blade the other is a brush head. Did you notice on the video it had two squeege blades in one? Is that how the other are made?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu May 28, 2015 8:46 pm

I have the brush head for my Gecko, and the recovery isn't the best, not real bad but could be better. I was afraid (and read) if I got the squeegee head the lock-down would be horrible.........esp. on tiles bigger than 12x12" where you don't have a grout line for any vac relief....which I run accost a lot.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu May 28, 2015 9:01 pm

The squeegee is pretty stiff too I guess cause its new
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Thu May 28, 2015 10:35 pm

Those wand like tile tools were the first type of tile cleaning tools to come out for tile years ago. I bought a spinner after owning/using one of them wand types and I see absolutely no use for the large or wide one. I do have a 4" one and I use that for edges and behind toilets. But why would anyone want to clean tile with a tool that is many times more work than a spinner?

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri May 29, 2015 6:02 am

I do agree with Ken about using wands on tile, but they are great tools on concrete. Flooded basements or sewage back-flows is where these wands shine.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri May 29, 2015 6:58 am

Very interesting what guys think about hard surface wands. Ken hates them and Dave loves them. Can't wait to try it myself and compare
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Fri May 29, 2015 7:24 am

I see where Dave agrees with me about wands on tile. As for cement I have a squeegee wand i picked up for about $20 for cement, no jets obviously. Wands are a less expensive way to get some tile cleaning income coming in.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri May 29, 2015 7:53 am

On another thread about tile and grout Dave said that he thinks his Gecko clean just as good if not better than a spinner and uses it 90% of the time.

I would think a spinner would cover more ground than a HS wand.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by brianbenaiah Fri May 29, 2015 8:27 am

I have a large area at our church that is made of an old type of imitation brownish stone tile. It is rough feeling and pouris. It never stays clean and wears out the mop heads. It may wear out bristles on this tile wand though. I dont have a spinner so I would use my 175 to agitate dirt after pre-spraying then go over it with HW and that wand.
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 am

The gekko may clean just as good but my first experience with a hs wand was so disappointing I almost gave up t&g. Maybe I should take another look at this geko u speak of.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri May 29, 2015 9:52 am

The key to either the wand or spinner is the recovery. I feel like the cleaning portion is being handled by the chemicals and agitation, so the only thing you need after that is a tool that rinses and recovers well.

Gekko tools seem to have very good recovery and some spinners do as well. I prefer to use which ever tool gets me the best recovery.

Opinions differ depending on how well their tools recover. My wand does a better job than a cheap spinner, but a good spinner beats the wand.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri May 29, 2015 9:52 am

What is HW Brian? Since you will already be scrubbing with 175 just use the squeege head. You can use both to test it out the heads are pretty easy to take off and put on
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Fri May 29, 2015 9:55 am

Hey I went looking for the geko online and cant find it at jondon or interlink. I found it on ebay. Are they not making them anymore?

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brianbenaiah Fri May 29, 2015 10:02 am

[quote="Mo"]What is HW Brian? Since you will already be scrubbing with 175 just use the squeege head. You can use both to test it out the heads are pretty easy to take off and put onuote]
Code:

Sorry I may have the letters (hot water) (HWE) wrong.Razz I'll just use the wand to spray water at ? pressure and then suck it up.
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri May 29, 2015 10:22 am

Ken Raddon wrote:Hey I went looking for the geko online and cant find it at jondon or interlink.  I found it on ebay.  Are they not making them anymore?

It probably got renamed to something cooler and more dangerous sounding for marketing purposes. I haven't shopped for one in a couple of years.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri May 29, 2015 2:50 pm

Isn't there one called a "Raptor"?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri May 29, 2015 6:48 pm

milspec6 wrote:
Ken Raddon wrote:Hey I went looking for the geko online and cant find it at jondon or interlink.  I found it on ebay.  Are they not making them anymore?

It probably got renamed to something cooler and more dangerous sounding for marketing purposes.  I haven't shopped for one in a couple of years.

Sounds like it's going to get more expensive Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jose D Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:38 pm

I have been using the first tile wand that tony made with brush head for about 1.5 years now. It gets the job done but it takes me longer to clean tile. I actually hate cleaning tile with the wand and hope to upgrade to a spinner tool eventually.
Jose D
Jose D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next