Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Truck Wraps

+4
Devon07
Davey Cracker
Peter Breen
milspec6
8 posters

Go down

Truck Wraps Empty Truck Wraps

Post by milspec6 Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:06 am

Well, I will be taking my box truck down to the guys to get an estimate on doing a vinyl wrap job. They tell me that they can wrap the roll-up doors easily and just finished a Budweiser vending truck yesterday. Those that have been here awhile know that my box truck is a former Bud vending truck so these are the right guys.

As for cost, I suspect that it will be extensive, but I need to generate that "clean" image moving forward if I want to dominate my region. I really don't know what to expect, but I am hoping that it isn't much more than 5-7k. If so, maybe a partial will be all that I do and paint the roll-up doors instead.

I will know more on Friday.....I am still seriously considering that woodland camouflage idea that I posted on the "Project Bud" thread. Wine
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Truck Wraps Empty Re: Truck Wraps

Post by Peter Breen Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:38 am

To me a camouflage covered truck would not sell clean. Selling to the woman of the home you would want to keep the colors on the soft side. Now men on the other hand could care less what color truck is in their drive way.

Peter Breen

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:21 am

I agree with Peter on that^.  But I'm also thinking of the only market I know, right here.

Maybe women in Mils area are attracted to that type of thing? laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:53 pm

You are probably correct, I just love the look.

It will probably be something more mild and brighter...maybe related to a chess board or castles. I will see what their designers come up with and post a few options.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Well, I would take this avenue If it was me....

find someone who does Design Marketing (I know a few) get a couple mock ups and settle for the best one after we all vote on it here in the forum...lol Ive had nothing but compliments from work that designers have done for me....let them do it....you clean carpets! Pay a few hundred and get the layout and Files you need for the guys who install it....unless they have a real designer I wouldn't put much faith in them doing design. You still have some input...mention your likes....show a few "others" you like and why....then get out of the way
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:27 pm

They claim to have good designers on staff, but who knows. confused

I have seen their work driving around town and I think they have a pretty good handle on the service industry. They have a blank slate to work with, so I am content to see what they design.

My only input at this point is not cluttered. I do not like all the trucks out there cluttered with flames, water waves, etc. I don't want it to look like a NASCAR vehicle......well, wait a minute.

What if I did make it like a NASCAR truck and sell advertising space on it? Plaster the blank spaces with TM builders, and chemical lines, etc. One could probably make some good money selling all that space on a box truck and almost pay for the vehicle when it was done.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:30 pm

"Not cluttered". Good place to start.
If the women are going to be a majority of your residential calls, you have to think like they do.
Q: what hits that "1st good impression" button?
Ask a women for her opinion.
We'd tell you to do the NASCAR thing.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:10 pm

I just returned from the wrap installers, pretty good bunch of guys. We looked over their portfolio for ideas and then inspected / measured the truck. I will not have the estimate until Monday for both a full-wrap and for a partial in case the cost is out of my league.

I learned a few things though that may be help to the rest of you thinking about doing the same.

First off, they found some aluminum rot on my box around the rivets and mount points. According to them, once the wrap is applied over them, it will accelerate the problem as it traps moisture just like a rusty panel. In time, that area will rot out fully and the wrap will bubble.

It sounds like it will take several years for that happen, so I am cool with that. If I can get 3 years out of this truck without trouble, I will be very pleased.

Second, it is often cheaper to fully wrap a box truck than doing a partial due to the labor involved in fitting the vinyl to fit. They have never done a truck like mine with the roll-up doors, but they said that the only difficult part will be cutting to fit the pillars between the doors and not the doors themselves.

Third, the cost to do a van is about $2500 for a full color wrap which is pretty darn good if you ask me. The normal 14 ft box trucks with a partial wrap (just the sides and not the back) runs about $3200.

I quickly concluded, after seeing the samples, that I don't like a lot of wording on the truck. It doesn't look good and nobody takes the time to read all that anyway. What I did like were the vehicles with a person on them, I think that builds instant trust for a customer and will be what I do as well. I am ugly, but at least I look trust worthy, so as much as I don't like being in photos, I think it is the right way to go.

As for design....that is still up in the air. It will be white background with full color graphics including something on the front of the box above the cab. I will probably put a headshot of myself on the back of the box where the contact info. will be located as that will be the part most seen in traffic.

I am suspecting that it will not be cheap due to the extra labor involved, but it will take less material than a 14 foot box truck so materials might be less. I am expecting to come in around $5000.

Is it worth it to spend $5000 (maybe more) on an old truck like that? Well, I could put traditional signage on it for a couple of hundred, but the advertising and image that it creates I believe will far exceed the cost down the road.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:19 pm

I wonder if I should skip putting my mug on it and go with a mascot instead?

With the title including castles, it might be cool to select a knight or something as a mascot.  Something like this perhaps?

Truck Wraps Knight10
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:19 pm

I bet that terry guy would agree. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:36 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:I bet that terry guy would agree. laughing

I think I just pee'd myself laughing
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:45 pm

What a break!

I just got introduced to an amazing young artist that is willing to take on the task of designing the wrap lay-out, website design, stationary, etc.

My Sister used to be a Regional Manager for Apple and this was one of her employees.  I guess the kid has been featured nationally for photography, oil painting, and web design.  

He has agreed to work with me at my Sister's request.  So, I am rolling with a real Picasso on this one.  I just hope it doesn't turn into a Salvadore Dali painting instead. Shocked

Truck Wraps Dali10
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:19 pm

Wow, that's great!

I love the fish^painting (Orange Submarine?...Comes to my mind), as I do most Dali paintings, speaking of "twisted". Twisted Evil

I'd bet Apple Boy can come up with something eye popping. Shocked ........but can your market handle it? Laughing

Exciting stuff, as always with new designs. Wine
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:59 am

I don't know what they can handle really, but the idea of infusing some color and excitement to what has been a very simple design.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:34 pm

I just met my graphic artist....impressive guy. He has plotted out a plan, but is suggesting that we don't commit to things too quickly as it would be best to get everything tied in together so that they are consistent.

That means this might take a month to get the new full corporate identity in place. The website will be first and then the vehicle wrap...the rest will come along later.

The guy even makes music videos for local artists and short films, so there might be some video work on the horizon as well.

Well, I shouldn't get ahead of myself....I haven't seen the price list yet. That will be along later this week.

For the record Scott, he says that your tips were on the money and confirmed that my chose of using "go-daddy" the first time around was a mistake. I like his advice to this point.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Just received my estimate for wrapping my truck in 3M vinyl.......the price to include the basic designing, prep, application, and tax comes at about $3500.

I am having my graphic artist provide the design instead as they want $550 to do the "basic" design and I think my guy would do a better job for less.

I am coming in under budget for a change!! Wine
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Homer Building Maintenanc Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Interesting thread. Looking forward to seeing pics of the WIP. I probably will only be able to afford lettering for my van when I upgrade from the door magnets.
Homer Building Maintenanc
Homer Building Maintenanc

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:01 pm

I always ran with simple lettering as well and we used magnets on our trucks...sure costs less, but if your vehicle was in need of a paint job, the wrap is about half the price and far more eye-catching.

In the case of my box truck, the white paint was chipped and worn over 30% of the body, so this just makes more sense to me than having it re-painted for about the same price.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:14 pm

Personally I like a clean logo....(yours looks fine) and colors to make it pop....simple easy to read lettering and phone number.....make all that dominate...then, if you must for times you are parked at Home Depot or something...have smaller lettering they wont try to read while driving down the road (other services etc). I think Matt said it....market to women, I did and get a response too...they always say I seen your pretty van or your stuff looks so clean.....It felt great two weeks ago cleaning across the street from my competition.....they were cleaning an old house converted into several rooms for collage kids....I was across the street in a beautiful old restored home and my van just looked great....the other van almost had the look of oil dripping in the driveway.....was cluttered and the workers looked tattered. This is an image that is seen by more than just us....customers see this. I even use the ole Goodyear black garden hose and hate the fact its black....looks dirty....I want a bright color....helps with image. Its the little things. I clean for a lady through a referral and while there she got a call asking if I had time to do an estimate for an elderly lady that seen us across the way....she said the lady asked if we were expensive....then said she thought we looked like a good company. (had to be the van) less can be more too.

Rob, today I scheduled two jobs as a result of what I talked to you about. Two good jobs too.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:36 pm

I will be right behind you in a couple of weeks....the juggling will be over soon.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:40 pm

milspec6 wrote:Just received my estimate for wrapping my truck in 3M vinyl.......the price to include the basic designing, prep, application, and tax comes at about $3500.

I am having my graphic artist provide the design instead as they want $550 to do the "basic" design and I think my guy would do a better job for less.

I am coming in under budget for a change!! Wine

Wow, is that price full wrap ? I got an estimate for half a wrap on my van and it's $ 1600 - $ 1800 I think ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:13 pm

Full wrap (front, sides, and back....cab as well)
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:27 pm

Bright, good looking garden hose?

Flexzilla.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content