Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Is SEO What I need?

+8
Mo
MooreCleaningFool
arabella683
kleen1
dp1
milspec6
Freemind1
ecogenie
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is SEO What I need? Empty Is SEO What I need?

Post by ecogenie Fri May 27, 2016 7:48 am

Gaining any web exposure has proven to be quit difficult for me and I when people search for a service on say google or bing we were nowhere to be found,  I do my web hosting thru Godaddy and recently contacted them to see what SEO packages they offered.   I was connected too the SEO division and was surprised - they talked me thru the whole SEO process  and ran some sort of website relevance check (68% relevant) in the end I signed up for a month to month of $240 which means they will work approximately 5 hours a mo. basically adding Ecogenie to different backlinks? I will keep you guys posted
ecogenie
ecogenie

http://www.ecogeniecleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Is SEO What I need? Empty Re: Is SEO What I need?

Post by Freemind1 Fri May 27, 2016 10:43 am

Yes, SEO is what gives your website viewability/searchabilty on search engines.

You are paying a HUGE amount of money at this point. WAY overpaying IMO. For that price, they ought to be guaranteeing you in the first slot or two on organic searches.

I do my own SEO and I pay zero.
I come up in the first or second slot for the search.

You are paying them 50 bucks an hour to add backlinks. Being in Chicago, I would think you could find a local, that would do more for that price.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri May 27, 2016 10:52 am

SEO is very important, and you might be over-paying, but you have to start somewhere.

In your area, there must be some great resources that can get you there for cheap. Try and look for a mentoring program or to the BBB even for help.

I know the VA offers some great mentoring for those that are Vets...should be a resource that you can find.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Fri May 27, 2016 11:06 am

I just did an organic search for CC in Chicago, and you don't rank on the first 15 pages.

If you don't rank on page one, you don't exist. One thing I noticed in those 15 pages, is that there is a TON of competition.

If GoDaddy can't get you ranked on the first page, IMO, you are wasting every dime with them.

Unless you are willing to commit big bucks to SEO, you are better off looking elsewhere to gain clients.

I DID notice yelp holds the first two slots for Chicago carpet cleaning. Have you thought about talking to them? You do use Yelp already, right?

To be honest, in your huge market, unless you have a lot of time available to commit to building your web presence, you are going to spend a considerable amount of money to have a web presence.

Just out of curiosity, if you have done well this long without Google-fu, why now? Have you tried flyers/eddm/other targeted marketing?

Just trying to be of help.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri May 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Cities like Chicago still strive on business contacts getting you work...at least commercially. Websites and SEO mean nothing in the commercial arena in my experience.

Maybe the best move is to seek commercial and network the business side?

I have always done this in three different parts of the country over the last few decades. If you can land an "anchor" store, things grow quickly from there.

Anchor stores are those large properties which hire a ton of contractors to service them. Everyone knows them when you mention the name and you gain a lot of reputation by being involved with that business.

You land one of those, you will quickly grow commercially without any added expense for SEO work nor advertising.

Residential is a whole different animal....I'm still learning that one as well.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ecogenie Sat May 28, 2016 7:53 am

Gentleman thank you for Your feedback it is so appreciated,your comments have compelled me to investigate SEO services further. I would love to learn how to boost my SEO on my own but I question my ability's and just want it done the right way. FREEMIND1 how do you find the different pages to create your backlinks? you asked "why now?" I had not done any advertising up until last month, I joined Yelp because a mentor of mine highly recommended, now I just want to get some presence on the web so thats were i'm at.
ecogenie
ecogenie

http://www.ecogeniecleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat May 28, 2016 8:44 am

If a lot of your target audience use Yelp, then it is your advantage to use them. Besides Yelp has a review section which is great for pumping your business. Reviews are always good! If you don't ask for them now, you should. Be it Google reviews, Yelp, or whoever.

DP1 I think, is another Yelper. You might ask in a specific thread about advertising with Yelp.

The easiest way to find out where to get backlinks, is to google a competitor. Where ever their is a back link to their site, you generally can get one there too.

Blogging (with your unique content) and social media also boots SEO. Be active with your social media, or it doesn't work. Have real followers (and don't pay someone like fivver) and post something one or two times a week that people will like or comment on.

If you are good with social media, it can actually be more benefit to you, then Google, if you are targeting residential. Some guys do nothing other than social media, and do VERY well with it. It won't work for small town guys like me though. I service the very wealthy, and while they use S.M., most of them are snow birds.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat May 28, 2016 10:09 pm

First of all, in metropolitan areas, it's pretty close to impossible to get listed in the first page, I don't want to discourage you but a company have tried to put me in the first page in Los Angeles and they failed, you MUST ask the company to make a contract that you will pay ONLY after you are listed in the 1st page, that's what I did and I didn't pay a dime, thankfully.
You need to get a website that reflects Google search keyword like www.carpet-cleaning-chicago.com or something similar, underscore instead of dashes work fine, dot net instead of dot Com also works fine, and I would get that site personally if I were you, if you do find a company that can put you in the first page and things went south, at least the website is yours and they can't take that away from you.
Freemind is correct, put that link in your yelp page and any online pages you can find ( yellow pages, local business website, linkedin, etc ). I suspect Yelp will be very strong in metropolitan areas, therefore you should try to get some reviews posted, Angie's list also may be a good source.
Let me know if you have any other question.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by kleen1 Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:44 am

SEO is important, but what you're really looking for is overall marketing to get customers. Check out the BBB. I am paying $500 per year and get many customers through them simply because people believe in them, also they appear high in search engine results. BNI (Business Networking International) is a good way to network with other business professionals, and they also offer training to help improve networking skills.
A relatively low costs resource is Marketingzoo. Not only do they provide marketing materials, but also build and host an outpost site that will push your website SEO higher.
Google+ site and Facebook page for your business with regular posting that are linked to your website are also important and will boost your relevance in the search engines. A blog is another positive.
When you do a search in your area, you will find sites like yellowpages. Most of these pages offer free listings, just fill out the application listing your website and you have a backlink and, seeing you found them in a search, you are now listed on their site.
kleen1
kleen1

http://masterkleen.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by MooreCleaningFool Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:57 pm

I tried that program through GoDaddy as well... It got me nothing besides a hole in my wallet..

My internet marketing guy told me a few things to help rank my site:
1. "Content is King" - He says that Google likes lots of relevant authoritative content.
2. Back Links - Having other sites link to you is like a vote in Google's eyes. But not every back link is the same.
3. Citation Citation Citation - List your business Name, Address, and Phone Number everywhere and anywhere you can.

My website is new but is moving up the ranks on Google. You can take a look at it if you would like, just don't copy the content. That is a big "No-No" to Google and it will hurt you in ranking.

http://www.carpetcleanermoore.com/

MooreCleaningFool

http://www.carpetcleanermoore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:23 pm

Nice site Mr Moore. I think you forgot the word "Call" in you contact page
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Is SEO What I need? Empty Success with Content

Post by sflame Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:27 pm

I used to use a Go Daddy Website....and I too really struggled.  We switched over to a really easy content management system for our web site and have slowly climbed from Page 3 on most local keyword searches to the bottom of Page 1.  All of this has happened over a 2 month time frame.  We are actually tracking business from our website for the first time since we had a web site.  

Some things we learned include:
1.  Include keyword in you URL (if possible use your city name).
2.  Moore Cleaning Fool hit the nail on the head....content is king.  Your home page needs to have more relevant content than your competition.
3.  Add your NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) to as many directories as you can.  Yext (google them as I can't link to them) offers a service to get your details out there.  It is expensive, but worth the cost.
4.  Backlinks....Yes, this is still the case.  Google likes links to your site.  Work within your community to get websites linked to yours.
sflame
sflame

http://www.stevenspointcarpetcleaner.com/

Back to top Go down

Is SEO What I need? Empty GoDaddy SEO Services are a RIP OFF!

Post by MichaelS Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:36 pm

Don't use GoDaddy SEO. They are a rip off. You can do on your own what they are going to do for you. If you're going to pay $240 month then just pay an SEO guy. I paid $500 up front with my guy and then I only pay according to the leads I close - which is 10%. I end up paying well over $240 month. But its after I have made the money. Just my 2 cents. I've been real lucky. I'm glad to recommend the company that helps me. Let me know if you're interested.

Jeremy

MichaelS

Back to top Go down

Post by JeremyS Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:03 pm

I just saw your post. SEO is almost a necessity if you're in any sort of a competitive market. But, IMO, going with a big nation-wide company is not a good idea. Find someone local who will give you better service. And just make sure you know what you're getting for your money. http://northportcarpet.com

JeremyS

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:22 pm

Dont get crazy if the competition is sitting there by default! you can easily take first position if they are just sitting there. If its a competitive market...pay to play!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:25 pm

just an update to this thread, google is changing entirely coming up beginning of 2017.

organic seo will be almost useless, which is annoying, and it will be completely pay to play.

Reviews and videos will outweigh everything Ive heard. They are creating their own Angies list type situation.

pay per click and all review based. not necessarily a bad thing but frustrating if you have spent time working on your organic presence.

Start getting google reviews now! you want to be ahead of the curve, then your ad $s will pay off big time.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:19 pm

I did notice the aswords campaigns were running at the top bottom and sides of pages. Looks like Ill be hitting adwords hard next spring.

Do you know if google maps still going to be on first page
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:48 pm

I think it will look like it does now with maps and reviews of the locations on the side.

but organic seo wont matter really, all pay per click
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:45 pm

You paint a very dark picture for me AC. I have enough vampires in my life taking money from me. I may not adapt to that new world at all.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:52 pm

The one thing you can rely on with google is change.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:01 pm

It isn't the change that concerns me....it is the dollars.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:21 pm

Crap ! I might have to restart my AdWords Sad
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:24 am

I just cant see the organics going away completely. There are only a few competitors doing adwords now in my small town.

But you're right DP Ill probably do adwords in a very targeted and timely way. In your area I can see the pay per click cost skyrocketing.

This really highlight the fact that we all need to focus in securing repeat business
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:50 pm

It's about $ 15 / click now Mo Sad
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum