Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Have you guys penetrated this segment?

+2
ACpower1
Mo
6 posters

Go down

Have you guys penetrated this segment? Empty Have you guys penetrated this segment?

Post by Mo Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:54 pm

A couple years back I started cleaning a recovery center group home and office. I don't know what has happened but I have cleaned 6 different recovery centers this year. I think this segment might be a close knit community and  the jobs have come by word of mouth. I know this town has more recovery center per capita in the nation.

Its mostly young people in recovery so iknow the carpets get trashed. Might be a good source of biz for you guys in your area
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Have you guys penetrated this segment? Empty Re: Have you guys penetrated this segment?

Post by ACpower1 Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:59 pm

Good idea ill look into it.

We did a presbyterian church last month, and then this month a huge prebyterian church called and were doing it friday. First one was just a chapel and another room, but the one this week is huge with over 18 classrooms, chapel, 3 stairwells 3 levels, about 3 daycares, tons of hallways

were gonna try and push to get it done in one day.. still havent asked if they got referred from the 1st church
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Have you guys penetrated this segment? Empty Re: Have you guys penetrated this segment?

Post by milspec6 Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:03 pm

Churches are a great client to have. Not only is there plenty of sqft most of the time, but many within the congregation will likely call if you leave a good impression.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:22 am

I was driving around one day when I saw smoke coming out of crematory. They must have been cremating a very heavy person cause the smoke was just billowing out of the chimney

It reminded me that I have yet to clean the carpet in a funeral home. Anyone clean them? My part time help said he would not like to clean one Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:49 am

Is there much carpet in a funeral home?

Around here, they are all tile minus some in the viewing area, but they are not large rooms. I would have no issue cleaning a funeral home, nothing creepy about it, just carpets.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:23 pm

I have cleaned recovery home once or twice, don't remember much about them actually, my tech cleaned a marijuana shop last year, they said if they were pulled over when they were on their way to the next customer's home, they will for sure be pat down outside the van and had the van searched Shocked laughing
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:59 am

Just got a call to quote the offices for our local power (electrical) co-op. Hoping this leads to more commercial glass for my company!

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:40 am

Sounds like it should, congrats Freemind.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:49 am

Nice account Freemind, you might even get more residential jobs too
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:29 am

Mo wrote:Nice account Freemind, you might even get more residential jobs too

I was offered a free spot for advertising with the co-op's magazine this summer, but turned it down. Reason being this magazine is mailed all over the state, and I only work out of my county. Besides, I know what my residential target audience is, and I felt like this would be advertising to too many people that will not purchase my services, and very few that would.

The lakers do not read a rural magazine that focuses on farming and rural living.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:44 pm

IDK, something about the title to this thread..
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:36 am

Freemind1 wrote:
Mo wrote:Nice account Freemind, you might even get more residential jobs too

I was offered a free spot for advertising with the co-op's magazine this summer, but turned it down. Reason being this magazine is mailed all over the state, and I only work out of my county. Besides, I know what my residential target audience is, and I felt like this would be advertising to too many people that will not purchase my services, and very few that would.

The lakers do not read a rural magazine that focuses on farming and rural living.

Good move. Knowing who your your market saving you advertising dollars and makes your adverting more effective
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:38 am

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:IDK, something about the title to this thread..

Hippo Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:21 am

Went and did that commercial quote this morning. Got it e-mailed off, and now it is a waiting game.

I offered a 10% discount for more than one cleaning a year, after the initial clean. Worst part being, just like cleaning carpets, you can't bid it as high as residential. So my prices were about 30% lower than resi.

I prefer resi for my money maker, but I would like to get into commercial, as opposed to retail storefronts. Retail if rife with those cheap buzzards that only care about who is cheapest!

On the plus side of this, if the quote is taken, this manager is the head honcho of the local electric co-op. He knows MANY business owners, and I feel like this could lead to much more commercial, which I am ready for and tools are already in place for it.

Resi was pretty good this year, growing my base by another 50%. But if I could get commercial to the same number of clients, I might be able to go full time in my business. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but it sure looks good from here.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:35 pm

Good luck man. It doesnt take too many commercial account to get to full time.

I have 4 commercial jobs scheduled in January. The slowest month of the year for me
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:24 pm

One thing I am really liking again about house call..    

when you do an estimate and complete it,    it sends to the customer and shows a nice shiney looking button that says "accept estimate"  

So far I have landed every estimate and as funny as it sounds I think this button has something to do with it.  

Its so tempting to click it, havent actually seen it but one customer told me about it and they were pretty impressed.

Banged out that monster church friday, still tired today even after a weekend off. It was 20 class rooms, chapel, printing/copy rooms, a preschool, all the area/play rugs in the pre schools and kindergardens, lots of hallways everywhere and carpeted ramps, 3 stairwells
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Mo wrote:Good luck man. It doesnt take too many commercial account to get to full time.

I have 4 commercial jobs scheduled in January. The slowest month of the year for me

Got the bid within 4 hours. Very Happy

It was a good day.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:01 am

Congrats brother!! Dont forget to raise the price next year Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:04 am

Nice one Freemind.

That is my view on commercial, it can open more doors than residential. When you clean a house, the owner might recommend you to a few people within their circle of friends, but a good commercial job will have the office managers and all the employees that can be potential customers and referral makers.

Just about all my commercial calls start off with "I know that you clean xyz company and it always looks really good. What would it cost to clean our building"?

Of course, right now my body is very sore, so there are downsides as well that isn't as common on residential work. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:32 pm

Luckily for me, the commercial in this area is all 1-3 stories. The tallest buildings in town are government buildings, and I have zero desire to do any work for them. Matter of fact, because of the bologna involved in that type of work, I'd turn it down right off the bat.

It would make a nice "feather in the cap" to tell folks I clean the electric company's glass, for sure.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:08 am

Nice James ! Do you make them sign a contract for that type of work ? Like once a week for a minimum of 1 year or something like that ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:55 am

No, I have not pushed anyone into a contract yet. These people are going to be 3-4 times a year. Most commercial is actually like that in windows, quarterly.

Retail storefront is where it is weekly, bi-monthly or monthly. That gig is the bottom of the barrel for pricing.

This job is not a make it or break it situation. If they dropped me, I still am ok. This is just a foot in the door type of thing.

Also nice about this is I do not need to get bonding, or add them to my insurance or any other bull. So, another reason for not worrying about contracts.

When someone is a bigger pain then it's worth, I like being able to fire them. I've had a few this year (residential) that I had to do that with.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down