Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Thank goodness the election is over SALE ?

4 posters

Go down

Thank goodness the election is over SALE ? Empty Thank goodness the election is over SALE ?

Post by dp1 Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:52 pm

I saw a TV ad for sit n sleep advertising "thank goodness the election is over sale" just now and kinda chuckle a little, but then it sparks an idea, may be I should try doing that by just giving a little discount to attract more customers ?
I feel this holiday season has way too many price shoppers and it frustrates me a little.
We are busy this week, but not crazy busy as previous years.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Thank goodness the election is over SALE ? Empty Re: Thank goodness the election is over SALE ?

Post by milspec6 Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:56 pm

Discount if they can show you a "I voted" sticker.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Thank goodness the election is over SALE ? Empty Re: Thank goodness the election is over SALE ?

Post by Mo Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:09 pm

You'll start picking up DP. the election has created some pent up business. I understand its been in the mid 90 in socal? WTH is it always summer there. The heat is always good for business over here
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:28 am

milspec6 wrote:Discount if they can show you a "I voted" sticker.

By now I can almost bet you that most californians would've thrown the "I voted" stickers, lol.
May be I should give discounts to people that can show me a shirt with "Trump is my president" on it ? I just saw one guy wearing one at my gym Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:36 am

Brave guy for that region.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:27 pm

Mo wrote:You'll start picking up DP. the election has created some pent up business. I understand its been in the mid 90 in socal? WTH is it always summer there. The heat is always good for business over here

It is 90 degrees today and it feels like 100, down here if it's too hot like this, seems like phone is kinda dead, only has 4 jobs tomorrow and 3 on Saturday, usually the last 2 weekends prior to Thanksgiving are always slammed with at least 8 - 10 jobs on Saturdays.
Oh well, it is what it is.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:50 pm

3 jobs a day for me is slammed Very Happy Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:32 pm

3 jobs for me is half a day Laughing and half a day = almost break even with no profit at all Sad
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:16 pm

How large are the jobs DP? With traffic the way that it is out there, you might be better off becoming more of a large commercial cleaner.

I don't think I could pull off 3 per day....my average has been 3 hours to clean a house since they often want upholstery as well. Factor in the driving and I would be in for some long days.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:52 am

Now that the election is over offer a discount for one week for all who were for Hillary, then the following week offer a discount for all who were for Trump, see what happens. When you show up to clean for the Hillary group where a Trump "Make America Great Again" shirt, Then when you clean for the Trump group where a Hillary shirt..... Go ahead, go out and have some fun... If your state allows conceal carry of a firearm, you may want to exercise that right...Just in case
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:41 pm

I make it a point not discuss politics with customers. Although there was this guy who insisted and he was a political junkie
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:18 pm

That is a very good policy Mo....now more than ever.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:33 pm

Bob, the average ticket is about $ 200+ during busy / holiday season, and slightly lower in the winter ( January through April ).
And yes some of those jobs including carpets and upholstery especially during the holidays, but we work 2 person team, when we have carpet and upholstery, I pulled 2 sets of pressure hoses, as I'm pre spraying the carpets, the other tech is cleaning, after I'm done pre spraying the carpets, I pre spray the couch and scrub them, usually we're in and out in less than 2 hours in those jobs, if it's carpets only, we hardly spend more than an hour unless if it's 2 story homes with stairs, in that case it's more like an hour and a half including set up and wrap up.
I hardly go further than 15 miles now, so most jobs drive time is also less than half an hour, so 3 jobs are about 4 - 4.5 hours for carpets only and 5 - 6 hours during the holidays ( usually bigger cleaning areas or including upholstery ).
I used to do 7 - 8 jobs a day back when I first started working carpet cleaning and that took a toll on my body but I was a lot younger then.

Kevin, that's not a bad idea, but where I work, most likely during the Trump's week discount, I think I would be very slow, lol.
And I don't think I dare to wear Trump's shirt around here, have you seen the protests ? That was stupid in my opinion, the election is done, protests are not going to change anything, let alone rioting and destroying properties, just ghetto all around.
No matter who won, this country is going to face recession, with Trump it may be faster, from what I'm seeing.
I'm definitely going to watch out for my advertisement spending next summer, if things are going the way it's going now, I will stop all advertisements and hold on tight to my money.
Those of you who own a house, better watch out, the Dodd - Frank legislation is about to be repealed, banks will be able to gamble with your money with no restrictions and the government bail out will be available to them again.
I just closed my bank of America account I had since 1999 and cashed out all my saving and checking, they ain't gambling with my money, that's for sure !!
I'm rambling about politics again, sorry guys Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:18 am

I am seeing indicators both good and bad right now with the economy, but I stopped trusting Wall Street with my money 15 years ago when I lost almost 50% of it in less than a year.

Not sure what to expect business-wise for 2017, but I am still just focused on one month at a time for now.

The first company that I worked for pushed us 6 jobs per day on average. We were very fast and in my opinion, very poor cleaners as well. Anyone spending less than an hour to clean a house is cheating the process.

Upholstery time is critical as well. Around here, most furniture is natural fibers (cotton and wool) so you can't just blow through them like the synthetics. The result is pretty lengthy cleaning times.

As for protesters, they only show up in areas that voted Clinton. There isn't any rioters in Trump supported areas which means these idiots are destroying the property of their fellow voters. That makes even less sense.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:12 am

Hey guy's, I was not really serious about my above post, I was just kidding with you guy's, actually I was expecting to get slammed for that post
The fact that I wasn't show's both class and that you guys have a good sense of humor.

But lets face it, whats going on now with these protesters is just wrong, nothing wrong with a peaceful protest "PEACEFUL" beating people up, stealing his car, destroying other peoples property, burning flags etc.....
sorry, theres no excuse for that.
these people are not helping the situation at all..mind you these are the Hillary supporters, liberals/democrats

i'm wondering why Hillary has not come out to make a public statement against this.

Could you imagine if she won the election and Trump supporters were doing this. OMG The liberal media would be crucifying him....you know i'm right on that
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:53 pm

Without going too deep into the weeds, I don't expect Clinton to say anything until after the Electoral Delegates officially make Trump the President. There is a loony movement going on to try and convince the Delegates to flip the election and change their vote.....also the whole point of the protests in my view.

After the official action is complete and the election upheld, then all the protesters will switch to a new tactic.

I am disappointed that the sitting President hasn't come out with a statement to the protesters, but he did condemn it while at a veteran's event. Just wish he would do it where the protesters would hear it.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down