Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

What is with shipping companies right now?

5 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

What is with shipping companies right now? Empty What is with shipping companies right now?

Post by milspec6 Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:34 pm

You know that I don't have a great history with shipping companies over the last year especially, but damn, they are getting worse.  First they destroyed my vintage amplifier that was able to survive being used by musicians on tour since 1946 and now they managed to damage a chainsaw.  Do you know how hard it would be to damage a metal chainsaw?

This is the first package that I have received since the amplifier disaster.  An Echo 620P chainsaw which I needed since the tornadoes dropped all those large walnut trees on my garage.  Due to the storms around here, you couldn't find a decent chainsaw unless you wanted to pay the 50% markup, so I ordered one.

It was packed well enough, but the bottom corner of the box was bashed in.  It was left on my porch (not signature required) by FedEx so I could not refuse it.  I figured that it was probably still okay since the saw is all metal (pro saw) and the bar was in a separate box.  I was wrong, they bent the spikes in so much that it broke the thick aluminum clutch guard.  That takes some effort.....likely dropped it on its end like they did my amplifier.

I am pretty fed up with shipping companies.  It is becoming laughable in itheir inability to deliver boxes without damaging everything.

What is with shipping companies right now? Echodm10
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

What is with shipping companies right now? Empty Re: What is with shipping companies right now?

Post by dp1 Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:25 pm

Wow ! That's hard core ! They must've drove over that or something ? You should contact the company you bought it from, they must have shipping insurance included.
My regular UPS guy is no longer delivering, I hope that's temporary cause the new guy don't give a crap about my packages, got my chemical order from JD and the boxes were not dropped off properly, plus they left them in front of my garage door, with all the packages theft, that's not right, I always see ups guys dropped packages behind the side gate or some inconspicuous area. I think I'm going to call them and ask them and inform them of these things.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

What is with shipping companies right now? Empty Re: What is with shipping companies right now?

Post by milspec6 Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:44 pm

I will find out tomorrow how they are going to handle it. The situation is a mess because the saw was shipped from Echo to the distributor who slapped a label on it and shipped to me. So, Echo is the one who packed it and not the distributor.

The cover and spike are only about $70 to replace, but I don't buy new chainsaws to make repairs on them out of the box.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:39 pm

Mad

That is just dumb. Someone had to body slam that saw to break it like that. I'm sure it's like my Stihl, and has a magnesium body. That stuff is tougher than cast aluminum.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:28 pm

What bunch of feeling idiots. DB's.
Someone needs to follow them around and video tape third delivery's. Then with evidence, go to your route driver and ask them if they like their job? Do they want to keep their job? Tell them 'you ' want your packages handled with special care. No matter if its a boat anchor or dumbell set. "IF" there are any issues with you packages, management gets the videos.
Oh, the threat and cohersion probably are not the way to go. Dang.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:20 pm

That packages that are labeled "handle with care are the one the package handlers play football with
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:06 am

Freemind1 wrote:Mad

That is just dumb. Someone had to body slam that saw to break it like that. I'm sure it's like my Stihl, and has a magnesium body. That stuff is tougher than cast aluminum.

Yes, magnesium body with a 1/4 inch thick steel spike bent badly and busted. I have dropped magnesium saws from my tailgate onto the pavement and even dropped one out of a tree before without damage. These clowns really had to have dropped this one with extreme prejudice.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:09 am

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:What bunch of feeling idiots. DB's.
Someone needs to follow them around and video tape third delivery's. Then with evidence, go to your route driver and ask them if they like their job? Do they want to keep their job? Tell them 'you ' want your packages handled with special care. No matter if its a boat anchor or dumbell set. "IF" there are any issues with you packages, management gets the videos.
Oh, the threat and cohersion probably are not the way to go. Dang.

I feel the same way. Seeing that damage makes me wonder if the saw is okay internally as well. If they can bust up the shrouds like that, how is the carburetor for example?

Worst part is that I waited almost 3 weeks to get the specific saw that I wanted and was hoping to get things finally cut up this weekend. Too wait that long only to get a damaged one is just maddening.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Womder if they just threw it out the van door as they drove by?
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:37 pm

Sad part is the box was only 14 lbs as the bar was shipped in a separate box.

Not surprised, but I have no response from the Distributor thus far. They just asked for the details and told me they would let me know if I needed to ship it back and file a damage claim with UPS.

I don't see why this is so complicated. I can straighten the steel spike, I just need a replacement cover which costs about $55. I could order one myself except I shouldn't have to spend money on a new saw. Businesses are just nuts these days.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:25 pm

I would think they would move faster if you threatened them with a chargeback.....

If something arrives broke like that, it sure isn't my fault, and I'm not waiting a month of Sunday's for them to get around to providing customer service.

They should have immediately send you a return label and got a new saw on the way as soon as you shipped the broken one.

We aren't talking about a 50 dollar item. It's hundreds of dollars.

I also would not be satisfied with just a replacement part. I'd want some money back too. A small engine mechanic wouldn't fix it for free. Neither would I.

I see it as, my job as a customer buying from a retailer is to pay for the item, shipping, insurance. Their job is to get me the item I paid for in brand new condition, unbroken. If the shipping company breaks it, then they need to fight with them over insurance disputes. Not my job. Just get me my item I paid for, and you take care of your business problems.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:59 pm

You are definitely not the person I had to speak to in Customer No Service, but I agree with you. There is a factory service center 20 miles from me and I would even be happy with dropping it off and having it corrected without charge, but that option wasn't accepted by the rep either.

Monday will be another battle day...so disappointed at this point and those walnut trees remain blocking up my back yard.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:36 pm

I second James's opinion on this, if a company that I spent hundreds of dollars on is being difficult about crap like this ( I realize it's not their fault but they are the one who have to deal with the shipping company ), I would not just threaten them, I would just ship the item back and file a charge back right away, that's why I love Amex, they will stand by the consumer when it comes to issue like this.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:59 pm

I resume the filed of battle in the morning. I actually have a lot of little battles to fight Monday so I will be on the phone for most of the day.

Considering it will be 98 degrees again, that might not be so bad.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down